Reviews for Feels Like Midnight
Relativity1953 chapter 7 . 7/25/2006
"Dean noted that when he sat down his brother was still taller than he was. How fair was that? Though he supposed he could have been a whole head shorter right now. Dean decided maybe he should be grateful for small favors."

That was one of the simplest and yet most humorous things I have read that was also so very Dean. Great job - the whole story! Groundhog Day with a heeping helping of Supernatural (side order of Dean-whomping and brotherly angst for dessert). It can't get much better than that! Thanks for sharing.
Stefanie Dale chapter 7 . 7/25/2006
I absolutely love the humor you throw into your stories. It's not forced, like "haha, here's the joke!" Just... seems like obvious point-blank commentary at times, but it still comes across as funny. ...and definitely more coherent than I'm being right now.

Everything balances out marvelously - very much like an episode. Got the baddie, the more relevant issues that said baddie brings out, angst, chick-flick moments, and humor to keep everything from dragging into "woe is THEM" territory.

I liked how you were tied Dean's issues in with the waitress's (or is it "waitress'?"). Can't really explain, because eloquent I am not, but I'm sure you have at least a basic understanding of what I'm trying to say.

One last thing - right before I came upon this story I was listening to "Hotel California" and as I was reading I couldn't help notice similarities. Doesn't bother me, so don't take it wrong (hey, Eagles rock, Supernatural rocks, and together we have more rockage), but it's just one of those random things I notice.

Uhm... yeah, that's about it. Yay! Very well written!
troubletwinintx chapter 7 . 7/25/2006
Great ending. Love the story.
DarkMiserie chapter 7 . 7/25/2006
aw what a tear jerker that was but i loved it!
Calenor chapter 7 . 7/25/2006
Aw! *does happy dance* yay... Dean is okay *huggles him and kisses it all better * I loved the story :)
IheartPadalecki chapter 7 . 7/25/2006
Ah that was great.
Regretful chapter 7 . 7/25/2006
Oh! That was so amazingly good! I absolutely loved it. :D
Red Hardy chapter 6 . 7/25/2006
"It was the quiet ones. The soldiers. The ones who took every loss to heart, but who never spoke about it. The ones who seemed to brush off every insult, but who silently locked away every word as if it just might be true. It was the brother with fears he hid so deeply he hardly dared admit them to himself you had to watch. One more perceived failure, one more loss; that might be all it would take. He was the one you had to worry about coming home one day and finding him dead out in the yard. And the quiet one, who didn’t feel entitled, would choose the yard because he didn’t want to bother anyone to have to clean up the blood and brains in the house. You could just hose down the yard."

-*Sniff* That is just so heartbreaking! Yet so TRUE! :(

"Movement drew Sam’s attention and as he watched, the bodies of the two women faded. Next the bodies of the murdered father and Harold disappeared. Finally, the house itself and the clearing vanished and were replaced by row after row of corn, tall, lush, green, ‘real’ corn.

Sam pushed aside the plants that had appeared, separating him from his brother.

“Dean?” Sam called again. “Come on, man. Stay with me.”

Dean still wasn’t moving.

Sam looked closer in the bright moonlight.

Dean wasn’t breathing."

- :o! ACK! How could you leave it there? And tomorrow is the last chapter? *Heavy sigh* I'll miss this story!
Red Hardy chapter 5 . 7/25/2006
I really HATE when life gets in the way of my reading! Finally I have a chance to catch up...

I had a feeling the Flo was somehow involved the way she kept telling Dean "You boys come back now." and they always did! But that she has kept EVERYONE coming back and having their own Groundhog Days? And that they KNOw what's happening but can't stop it? Wonderful plot twist! :)

Now I'm just trying to figure out why Dean is accumulating injuries everytime he relives the trip into the corn field and why they don't disapper when he starts the day over again...

"“Ok, Sam. We’re going to go back into that cornfield, but I swear… If you shoot me again…”

Sam just shook his head, already throwing the door open and heading for the trunk.

“Dude, if you’re not going to promise, then you don’t get a gun,” Dean barked. “You can just take your own freaking chances. If she shoots you, she shoots you. You’re not going to remember it anyway.”"

- ROTFL! But he's right - Sam won't remember!

"“I think Harold may have just got his wish,” Dean whispered.

Sam actually looked back and glared at him, his expression just visible in the moonlight.

“What?” Dean just stared back at him. “It’s not like it’s permanent! He’ll be fine in an hour or two.”

“You think,” Sam still glared. “Unless we figure this out and he stays dead.”

“Well that’s what he wanted!”

“Dean!”

“Oh, stop looking at me like I just killed your puppy,” Dean waved his shotgun in the direction of the noise. “Work to do… Remember? Daddy’s about to get himself wasted. Move it.”"

-LOL! I love the way you write them - so very true to character! AND that you generously sprinkle humor throughout the story!

"“You have to stop her,” Flo said again. “I know you understand. That’s why I picked you. Make her stay with me,” she pleaded.

Dean fought not to swear. What was it with ghosts reading his mind? His apparently very needy mind. He so had to have a good talk with himself about that. So he liked having a buddy. And Sam had left him. Then Dad had ditched him and he’d gone to get Sam back. Was it a crime to not like being alone? Was it unreasonable to want someone you could trust at your back? For crying out loud, you harbor a teeny tiny bit of co-dependence and the ghosts latched on to you like you were a freaking life raft."

-Oh, man! That made me a little teary but it also made me laugh! Poor Dean sending out signals to the ghosts of the one thing he wants to hide more than anything! LOL!

"He was seeing stars. He couldn’t breathe, couldn’t get his lungs to inflate. Sam yelled something, but it was too far away. Couldn’t breathe. Chest hurt too bad. Note to self,next time he should really shoot Flo before he left the diner."

-And yet again! Poor Dean, but I am laughing out loud here! :)
Machaggis chapter 6 . 7/25/2006
It never even occured to me that ending the pattern would end Dean, but now that I think of it...YIKES!
deadxandxgone chapter 6 . 7/24/2006
This is an awesome story. Dean has been through a lot. I love this story. It is so good.
DarkMiserie chapter 6 . 7/24/2006
... boo hoo... i was so tied up on this one... i want more!
ladyerudite chapter 6 . 7/24/2006
bore us to death? never! more like, killing us in suspense, most definitely! i loved your description of the 'quiet ones' - you've managed to really grasp the essence of such individual, and made it oh so appropriate for dean - and, i was tickled pink to read that it was sam who realized that (oh, why don't they show these kinds of moments on the show!), making all of it much more heartfelt and heartwrenching, at the same time! :)

oh, no! last chapter due tomorrow? i want more, more, more! i hope you'll write up something just as brilliant as this one! coolness! ;)
Expendable-Mongrel chapter 6 . 7/24/2006
Awesome story! Cant wait for the update!
Calenor chapter 6 . 7/24/2006
I really love your story... *picks heart off of the floor* this chapter really got to me... poor Dean *huggles him and protects him* He's gonna be oky... right?... right?
122 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 .. Last Next »