Reviews for Quirk of Fate, Part 1: The Octopus Strikes
awesome
carlos13 chapter 1 . 11/2/2011
great
CrossoverFan chapter 7 . 8/27/2010
Very good story surprising and sad ending and ironicly she now has a reson to be a hero, but she gave it up.
CrossoverFan chapter 3 . 8/16/2010
man Peter had a little Deadpool moment when they brought up Spider-Girl, and it was pretty funny.

Also good story so far.
Song With No Soul chapter 4 . 4/19/2008
Firstly, I haven't read this story recently enough to compare the original to this new one, but I can still review it as a stand-alone anyway.

You didn't need to "put it bluntly", Jameson, we would have gotten the point anyway.

You might not want any more input from Peter than "minimal", MJ, considering he's not known for his fashion sense.

Metal jacks in his *head*?

Whoo... his ego matches that of dear Uncle Otto from Misadventured Overthrows. I can't help but agree with Osborn on this one.

"Little prick"? I'm pretty sure that people don't actually *call* each other that.

Nice job, MJ. You really CAN'T say stuff like that! I can hear the flush from everything going down the toilet already.

Overall: Nice chapter, fairly IC, a few dialogue problems, but you've heard that before. It was pretty well-written. Good job.
GuesssWho chapter 7 . 12/6/2006
I liked the quote at the end . . .
SpideyFan914 chapter 7 . 11/13/2006
Whoa, dude... Sad ending... One question, though - Is Doc Ock still alive?
Speed Reader chapter 7 . 10/7/2006
A great fanfic. A sequel would be nice. I liked Mary Jane as Spiderwoman. You might want to create some female versions of the canon Spiderman's enemies or make up some of your own.
Song with no soul chapter 7 . 9/22/2006
*Whimper* Oh no, Pete's dead...

Oh man, I'm gonna have a dark colud hanging over /my/ head for a while. *Kicks Fic!Otto too* And its so sad, how real this all is. I probably would've ended up pulling the exact same thing as MJ, giving up and brokenly curling up in a dark place, sobbing my eyes out.

Man, you're gonna BE something one day. Keep it up. The quotes are a nice touch.

RIP Pete.
Grumbles chapter 7 . 9/17/2006
Well, there's a tear jerker. Good thing I had my tear ducts removed! Good job. Sequel sounds like a good idea.
Screaming Dean chapter 7 . 9/17/2006
This was a great fanfic. I'm sorry you decided to end it. Maybe you'll do a sequel. My compliments to your writing skills.
Kavi Darkwolf chapter 7 . 9/16/2006
She quit? No offense, but that seems very pathetic of her. Wouldn't she keep on fighting to protect others from ending the same way Peter did? She should use her powers to help others. I know that sounds cheesy, like it's a copy from the guy that wrote Spiderman, but hey, the guy wasn't far off his mark!
Kavi Darkwolf chapter 6 . 9/13/2006
I'm betting that Peter escaped somehow. It would be pretty cool if Peter would become a little bit super-human somehow. Still needs more description, but this chapter was the best so far.
Grumbles chapter 6 . 9/9/2006
Oh snap.
Agent Silver chapter 6 . 9/7/2006
You updated and I keep missing it! XP sorry about that.

Yeah, I'm not mad about Otto, he kinda acts exactly like the comicverse one. People kept using Ultimate or Movieverse, its nice to see a change. I hope Peter's alright!