Reviews for You Gotta Go There To Come Back
Dandy chapter 2 . 11/21/2006
Gorgeous again. I loved these two sections...

He misses Jimmy and the Planet and the planet and the oceans and the plains and his old high school jacket and the picture of him and Lana in front of the Kent farm and the pen he stole off of Lois' desk and the sight of a smiling child and the collection of articles he kept that he really liked and the feeling of lifting something bigger than his body and the cheesy children's sci-fi/fantasy movies he'd loved as a kid and the sun in the morning and the moon at night and the buzz of the newsroom and the laughter of people entirely too drunk.

He misses everything.

He has a new desk at the Planet, smaller than his last one, and he tries to fill it up, make it feel a little more homey, but it never quite reaches the same feeling as Lois'. It always looks empty in comparison with hers, not enough discarded papers, lying scattered across his desk, not enough writing implements, occasionally remembered, occasionally forgotten, not enough sheer force of personality that Lois carries along with her.

You're very insightful and it makes your work truly enjoyable to read. Keep writing :D
ChloeKhepri chapter 1 . 11/14/2006
love it! it depresses me and makes me happy at the same time...mess with my emotions, why don't you?
Saavikam77 chapter 2 . 10/17/2006
My heart aches for Clark... Your story definitely touches on the archetypical adage of not knowing what we have until it's gone. Thank goodness Clark was able to come home. :)

Excellent job.
D. Taina chapter 1 . 10/15/2006
I love this story. It's so tragic and beautifully written. In fact, this story is so beautiful, that it makes me angry that the "Return to Krypton" scene was removed from the movie and that it's not even coming out on DVD. How anyone could even think about deleting something like that is beyond me!

Well, thanks for writing this. It's very well done and very emotional. Keep up the good work!
pyrebi chapter 1 . 10/8/2006
Incredible. Absolutely incredible.

That I can't even begin to describe how amazing that was. It broke my heart. He dreams of a mixture of Earth and Krypton on the journey there-it spoke so much of hope and desire and a longing for the home of his fathers that he can't remember. And that last hope is destroyed when he sees the remains of that planet. I can't even imagine how sickening it must be.

And then there were the other bits. For some reason I got hung up on the sentence about the things he misses. I read it over and over again, and I think it might actually become one of my favorite lines in fanfiction. How he misses the pen he stole from Lois's desk-damn. He's so completely...human.

You, dear, are brilliant. I love this story so much it hurts. I wish it had been more popular, because I think it's one of the best pieces I've read in years. Thank you so very, very much for giving me the opportunity to read this. Story favorited.
huzzah chapter 1 . 7/19/2006
This isn't bringing in the amount of reviews it deserves.

Short, sad, and brilliant. Very nice.
MrsMosley chapter 1 . 7/18/2006
This is great!
Winter Bean chapter 1 . 7/18/2006
oh goodness thats tragic. I'm liking it perhaps you should write a companion peice. You have alot of talent

hiya chapter 1 . 7/18/2006
Wow...just wow. I have no words to describe how good this is. Bravo!