Reviews for Fragrance
The Page Of Cups chapter 1 . 9/5/2007
Ooh, very powerful and nicely written. It's kind of rare to find third-person present tense, and especially for it to work so well, but it really captures the immediacy of the grief and pain.
vr2lbast chapter 1 . 7/22/2006
I don't know about the world needing more angst - I generally prefer action myself - but this angst is beautifully managed. I really enjoyed reading it.
seven dials chapter 1 . 7/22/2006
*adds to favorites list*

Okay, I admit it: I actually read this several days ago,. but I've waited until I wasn't damn near incoherent with exhaustion to leave a review, because I didn't think exhaustion and dental pain would allow me to come any way near to doing justice to what I thought about this fic. Anyway, I'm here now, so...

Wow, what can I say?

Damn straight the world needs more angst - especially angst of this quality. That was, quite simply, stunning. Short, yes, but absolutely perfectly formed. What can I say that doesn't feel like stating the obvious? The atmosphere you created, the use of imagery, the language - an absolutely stunning evocation of desperate desolation. You're amazingly good at setting a mood. I'm reminded (though the two fics are totally different) of the opening to 'Aufurstehung' - another perfectly-described setting, which captured the mood of the piece amazingly.

As for the fic itself... it's actually quite difficult to read, which is exactly as it should be. It's angsty, it's hopeless, it's depressing and it's absolutely perfect - what more can I say? You'll just have to forgive me my mad fangirl gushing: this really is one of the best deathfics it's been my pleasure to read - it's just to real, so right, the characterizations are amazing and I can see it all perfectly. And while part of me wishes it was longer, the rest of me is glad it wasn't - it's plenty powerful enough on its own. Oh my God, the angst. The ANGST. Congratulations: you've done an absolutely fantastic job. I wish I'd written it myself.

(and need I mention that the fangirl in me wants to buy you an adorable kitten?)