Reviews for Waiting
angel-kamui chapter 12 . 9/30/2013
Love the whole concept of Lucas caring for a very injured Bridger while at the same time he was very sick himself but pull through bravely nonetheless. I have added your story to my favorites.
Lynse chapter 12 . 11/6/2010
This was a great story. You had all the emotion and drama and everything else to make it perfect. You can weave a wonderful story around a plot point, let me tell you! And the secondary drowning thing was interesting. I don't know much about medical things, though I'm fairly certain Bridger's moments of staring off at nothing were the mini seizures that increased in intensity to the actually shaking thing, although I could be wrong because I have a vague feeling that those are two different types of seizures and I'm not sure if they're connected. Anyway, either you did a lot of research with the medical stuff or you know a fair bit about it anyway, but you managed that a heck of a lot better than I could have; I'm only good at things I can make up. I also like the additional chapter ending. The conversation between Bridger and Lucas in the chapter before that was good, but bringing in Lucas's father at the end seemed fitting. Bridger may be a bit of a surrogate father to Lucas, a point further stressed in your final chapter, but I liked how you showed that Lucas wasn't abandoned by his own father, even if he feels that way. You showed a lot of connection between all the different characters, and that takes a lot of skill.

Also, my favourite point of humour came right at the start (well, most of the humour did, I supppose...) with your story about how Nathan met Carol. *grins*
Susan M. M chapter 12 . 5/27/2010
LW: I can't seem to get my mind to turn off.

NB: And I can't seem to get mine to turn on. Wanna swap?

Nice conclusion, especially with Lawrence at the end.
Susan M. M chapter 11 . 5/27/2010
"Question her orders and she appears." Is that because she's a doctor or because she's a mother?

Poor Lucas, jealous of Dr. W. because the captain remembered her name but not his, and then so overjoyed when he called him Kiddo, then jealous and angry again when he thought (and not for the first time) that Nathan Bridger would act in a given situation the way Lawrence Wolenczak would. That boy has GOT to stop and take time to listen to things, instead of getting all his exercise by jumping to conclusions. Oh, wait, that's normal teenaged behavior.
Susan M. M chapter 10 . 5/27/2010
Ford "was surprised to see Katie had beaten him there, but not at all surprised to see she had her arm around his waist." I get the impression, from this and other stories of yours, that you think Ben and Katie gave up on their relationship to soon, assumed what was broken wasn't mendable, and are only now realizing that it might, indeed, be fixable.
Susan M. M chapter 8 . 5/27/2010
Dying is not an option! Yes, by all means, follow that dolphin!

Poor Lucas, I thought he had pneumonia and/or cracked ribs. It didn't occur to me he had sea water in his lungs.
Susan M. M chapter 7 . 5/27/2010
Poor Jonathan! If I may switch from Coleridge to Milton, "they also serve, who only stand and wait." But it's so hard to be the one waiting, the one supervising and coordinating when you want to be the one searching. And I loved the conversation between Jonathan and Tim, about not being due on the bridge for two hours. Neither are you, sir.
Susan M. M chapter 6 . 5/27/2010
Yes, Bridger would have memorized "Ancient Mariner." I bet he knows Masefield's "Sea Fever" by heart, too.
Susan M. M chapter 4 . 5/27/2010
I loved Crocker's line about Bridger being to stubborn to die, and Lucas probably making a raft out of driftwood.

JF: "When was the last time you slept?"

BK: "Probably the same time you did, sir."
Susan M. M chapter 2 . 5/27/2010
"As much fun as being eaten by a shark." Yeah, I can see Lucas much preferring to post his findings on the internex (or should that be Internex?) rather than presenting them in person to a batch of grown-ups who won't take him seriously. And poor Lucas, unable to grab the emergency supplies and help Bridger simultaneously. He knows he ought to grab them, he should grab them, but he can't grab them.
tiylaya chapter 12 . 4/23/2009
I enjoyed this story. I'm relatively new to seaQuest, but I've been enjoying the DVDs and thought I'd explore the fanfic a little. I'm glad I did. This story was consistently gripping and more than a little nerve-wracking. The characterisation was good, and I really felt for the emotional strain everyone was under.

Many thanks for sharing a good, well-written story.
HlysComment chapter 12 . 9/29/2008
Wow. Just...wow.

I really enjoyed this. I've never been inspired to write anything but SGA fanfic but a seaQuest story is brewing my head now after reading such an incredible story!

Wow! Thanks for a really enjoyable story and for the inspiration.
GalynSolo chapter 12 . 6/4/2008
That is really a nice ending (one with Bridger and Lucas, and two with Lawrence Wolenczak). though I would have liked the actually arrival of Dr. Wolenczak, but you clearly tied everything up, ended it, but then left some to our imagination, and I love that!
leiasky chapter 12 . 5/4/2008
In a sea where one must wade through the plankton to find the most rare, this was a well written, gem of a story.

I really like how you ended this with Lucas' father actually being worried about him. Very different from most evil Lucas father fics, and really far more in line with the cannon I remember from the series.

But - did Nathan and Kristin stop dancing around one another after getting to that island? :)

Well done and I hope you're still writing.
Ghostwriter chapter 12 . 2/11/2008
Great job. Catch ya on the flip side.