Reviews for Home is the Sailor
Wonderful! Enjoyed it very much
Dee chapter 68 . 4/10
A wonderful story which kept taking little turns of great interest. I really enjoyed seeing the conflict between both sides of Spock's life - his Vulcan responsibilities versus his Starfleet ones. They were beautifully personified by Sarek and Jim. Also nice to see the interactions between all the characters.
Please keep writing and bringing us more of this.
Fringereader chapter 68 . 4/9
Unbelievably well done. I never read these long fics, but this kept my interest. Nicely paced, the pros could take some lessons in character growth from you, and you tied up all of the story threads beyond satisfactorily. 'Thank you for writing' feels inadequate.
Just finished reading your great story. Couldn't put it down. Thanks for not giving up on finishing it and for all the many hours of labor you spent sharing it with us. Good character development staying within canon.
Laurie chapter 68 . 4/1
So perfect! Love this ending, even though I'm depressed that I have no more updates to look forward to. Thank you so much for sharing your gift.
Isolde Jansma chapter 68 . 3/27
First, thank you for such an amazing story, even though I have come late to it. Second, I really fangirl Sascek. :)

However, rather than just give a generic response, I would also say that your depictions of Sarek, Amanda (particularly), and Kirk really, really got on my nerves. Every one of them was so bloody self-serving I wanted to slap them to the middle of next week, and I applaud your skill as a writer for prompting the emotions. I like flawed protagonists, and damn,these were flawed. McCoy, well, I had such sympathy for him. What an untenable situation. Well done for niggling me to explosive expletives.

Thank you, again, for making my few days at home ill pass so much more quickly.
Isolde Jansma chapter 35 . 3/26
The Water is Wide is one of my favourite folk songs ever. It is truly beautiful.
This story is magnificent. Without a doubt it is the best fanwork I've ever had the pleasure to read. I've followed your updates as often as I could, reviewing as much as I could, because I know this is the only payment you get for the hard work you've put into it. Please accept my thanks for writing it, and for doggedly getting through posting all of it for us to enjoy. I hope you treated yourself to a nice drink or piece of cake when you posted that last chapter, completing this beautiful monster. Cheers. *clinks glass*

p.s. How are things looking with Parallels and Divergences? I am just as in love with that story and would love to see it continue. All my best to you.
starfleetdream chapter 68 . 3/16
What a fantastic conclusion! Every character is at their wonderful best, and everyone is getting along. I love that the rift between Sarek and Spock has been repaired, and that his family is whole and in agreement. Spock also proves to be his father's son: He always gets what he wants. This has indeed been one of my favorites; I think now I'll read it over from the beginning. Thanks, Pat!
Madeleine chapter 68 . 3/16
Pat,
I just read your post on your page and I want to thank you for finishing Home is the Sailor. It is a beautiful story of friendship between the three (Kirk, Spock, Bones). I think with all the details of can Spock make his own decisions, can Spock fully recover and all the details of Vulcan society I tended to forget that. This last chapter brought it all back to the friendship between Kirk, Spock and Bones. It was very well done.
It was long to wait for each new chapter and tough to write, review and post each chapter for you, but you should be very proud you did it. The arc from Spock walking away in Holography 1 to Spock feeling comfortable on Vulcan in Home is the Sailor is very nicely complete.
Well done. Take a well deserved rest. . .but not for too long, please?
Heather Snow chapter 68 . 3/16
I definitely enjoyed this story. You are one of the best TOS writers out there, and I'm certainly not limiting that to the fanfiction world. Your characterization and dialogue is outstanding, and I love the deeper view you provide into Vulcan and Vulcans.

I was a bit disappointed that no one learned about Amanda's chattel status, and I'd have loved to see this story continue further on into the mission. But, I enjoyed it while it lasted. I definitely hope you start another TOS story soon, and it'd be great if somewhere in the future that involved interaction between Spock, McCoy and Kirk and Sarek and Amanda. The dynamics were very interesting.
And by the way, I love your reference to "Home is the Sailor" by A.E. Housman. I must say that is EXTREMELY applicable. Thank you for the read.
Snorty1 chapter 68 . 3/16
Bravo. A wonderful rich and full novel. I have loved every chapter.
AllTheSnakes chapter 68 . 3/15
Beautiful ending!
I wanted to see the battle, but I got it this story was about Spock discovering his place, as well as his family and friends understanding him better.
And it was very well done! Congratulations!
Maaliem chapter 68 . 3/15
Bravo Pat! A great tale - so many highs and lows but this ended in a very good place for all to move forward. I'm sure you were ready to type if I and click send but if the muse prods you to continue this storyline and what happens on this mission- I will be along for the ride.

Thank you fir the great story!

EM