Reviews for Home is the Sailor
tanseynz chapter 68 . 7/26
A powerful and complex story, with characters, both original and canon which you have made your own, and superbly. Ty for sharing this.
anon chapter 68 . 7/13
So I just wanted to drop another review after rereading this story. I love it so much. Can't even begin to describe how much I love your Sarek and Amanda and Spock. Your writing always make me cry when Spockand Sarek are talking in the meld. Particularly when Spock asks him to stay until the end. And I'm always beaming like an idiot at the end of the story. Thank you so much again for writing these stories and letting us read them. Absolutely love the dimension behind your characters and the very real problems and ways of thinking they have. It has helped me in some of my own struggles to remember that people can change, compromise is always better, and that we don't always know the intentions behind the actions. So thank you again. Also I adore the allusions.
starfleetdream chapter 6 . 6/6
Re-reading this wonderful story. Totally agree that your version of canon (& Roddenberry's!) is the best.
Renewed Fan chapter 68 . 4/22
I love this novel. You've made Vulcan society and Spock's family become real for me. Thank you for spending your time and talent writing rich stories for all of us to enjoy.
Renewed Fan chapter 64 . 4/20
I enjoyed the interaction between Spock and McCoy. I chuckled at Spock dunking the good doctor. What else could prove Mr. Spock was back better than the continuation of his teasing relationship with McCoy? What's really interesting is Mr. Spock had told Dr. McCoy he would not pursue revenge against an enemy, but would rather seek control. So is his revenge against McCoy an acknowledgement that McCoy is a friend? Or that Spock cannot devise a strategy to control McCoy? I like to think both are true.
Renewed Fan chapter 57 . 4/17
Chapter 57- I am so respectful of your talent, but I did not like this chapter. There was too much talking by the characters during a time that demanded action. And I understand the use of humor to break tension and reduce stress, but I really don't think someone on their deathbed would be sitting up with their back against the headboard talking about fairy tales.
Renewed Fan chapter 56 . 4/17
Your writing is amazing. The planning you must do to weave a tale where various story lines come together in a very plausible, seamless way and with a light touch. It sneaks up on you, as a slight whisper in the ear.

Thank you for sharing your gift.
Renewed Fan chapter 49 . 4/15
I like the way you tie events and conversations,then present them to the reader on a plate of rich, dark, gooey chocolate desert. Hmmm, you are most talented.
Maaliem chapter 68 . 4/12
Hi Pat

I just re-read this wonderful novel. It's been a year since I read this the first time and I found new meaning on the second read that I missed the first time. So much flavor and description in the world you have created. The voices from each character are so very strong from the main characters to the minors characters. I admire your writing and appreciate the time, effort and creativity you share with your readers. Thank you

Renews Fan chapter 17 . 4/11
What a great chapter. The communication between Sarek and Spock - verbal, physical, emotional, perhaps even across their bond. Sarek wants his son to stay home, but he values his honor above his desires, even for his family.
TOSoldtimer chapter 29 . 3/24
Reading this chapter for the nth time, I have made an interesting discovery. Sarek is the ultimate helicopter parent! And you made him one long before the media popularized the concept. Congrats!
Window Girl chapter 67 . 3/22
Skillfully weaving of the beginning plot (espionage) and end plot ( Barajas) together.
Window Girl chapter 66 . 3/22
ah, just when I thought the action was over, you bring a war. Very good.
Window Girl chapter 65 . 3/22
This might be my fave chapter. I like this side of Spock-mischievous and caring. I like that he and Jim are friends again, and that Spock and Sarek's relationship has been restored. I enjoy Kirk's vulnerability here as well, and Sarek's character development is impressive.

Some minor criticisms: Spock does seem a bit ooc here. The Vulcans speaking in contractions has annoyed me a bit. Also, it doesn't seem to me that Jim would let Spock's meddling go so easily
Window Girl chapter 59 . 3/20
Amazing! I've never thought of Spock as anything bless than Vulcan. To hear him say that he's not, to hear him be so honest with himself and Sarek is amazing. And I love the teasing between them.
1,356 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »