Reviews for Home is the Sailor
Renewed Fan chapter 68 . 7/24
Jul 16Hi Pat,

I recently finished reading Home Is The Sailor for the second time. I know I started it a long time ago, but I'm afraid I've been kidnapped by work and family.

I can't say enough good things about your writing; and Home Is The Sailor is such an exceptional story. It is my favorite among everything I've read on the net. Your imagination, writing style, use of the English language...it just all comes together in a story that flows like the Colorado river down the Grand Canyon. The reader is held captive, racing through the story just as the rafter races through the rapids; and catching one's breath, enjoying the scenery just as one meanders through the calm sections of the river.

One of my favorite chapters is Chapter 46. You have put so much thought into this story, and it truly shows in this chapter. The reader is given the opportunity to peak into Sarek's and Kirk's thoughts, their motivations. I found the conversation between Sarek and Amanda most satisfying.

I hope you are doing well, and your muse lands on your shoulder, whispers in your ear, and brings a smile to your face.
CacTusLoVer27 chapter 58 . 7/4
I think this is my favorite of the series though I'll admit to being biased. I liked the complexity and how there aren't characters who are 'right' or 'wrong' though there is a lot of blame flying around. :)
Subakun-sensei chapter 68 . 7/2
Merci. Thanks for the end of this great story. It was a pleasure to read you again. Life long and prosper!
Thrutheyears chapter 28 . 6/22
Reading this chapter I find the dinner dialogue at T'Pau's amusing, strong and so revealing of our favorite TOS family
CaseyK chapter 68 . 6/14
Love your stories! Hopefully one day you will come back to them :)
guest chapter 58 . 5/31
Hi Pat, thank you so much for Home, it's helped me through a very rough 6months or so- your descriptive powers are really fantastic, I can literally see the action as though it's a film unfolding in my mind! (It helps that I read in bed to unwind before sleeping :-) ) I'm impressed by the original characters you have, they are believable and fit perfectly into the storyline with our beloved TOS personas; I would greatly like another story with Sivesh and Skegaran at some point, away from Vulcan and having to work with an older McCoy- if your muse would oblige! Thank you again for all your stories on ff.
I've been reading for a few days now completely hooked. You bring all the characters alive so well. I can picture all the scenes so clearly. Thank you for this great story.
Thrutheyears chapter 39 . 3/29
Your last point on this being a long novel makes the story one I can't put away but limit myself to a few chapters to prolong the interplay of these favorite characters
Renewed Fan chapter 39 . 3/24
I like the dialog/soft argument between Kirk and McCoy in this chapter. In several of your chapters the dialog between two of the characters is strong and compelling. It's like watching a tennis match.
Renewed Fan chapter 7 . 3/18
Hello Pat. I am reading this story again. It is by far my number 1 favorite fan story for any genre. I wish I could give you a big hug to say thank you for this story. The only suggestion I have for other readers is that it would be beneficial to read Pat's Holography 2: Wedding Present or Starling's Lament, before reading this story. You don't have to read it first, but it will provide more "Ahhh" moments.

Reading this again, I find more to like. For example, in this chapter Sarek says "Vulcans control," he said. "They do not 'get it out'. They meditate. They discipline emotional reactions into patterns of logic, then dismiss the emotional contaminants. That is our way." Hmm, very organized statement...with an emotional foundation. Love it!
Jenice chapter 68 . 3/15
oh wow... what a ride!
Jenice chapter 59 . 3/12
Great Father/Son characterization and wow when Sarek reaches out to Amanda...

Also a little typo (very uncharacteristic for you!) Spock seemed innocent of guile though, frowning and pensive. "If I am going to live, Father, I'd like to go forward without the sword of your disapproval hanging over my head. I has hung there long enough."

"I" should be "it"!
wow...really ramping up the suspense... loving the flashes of back story too
Absolutely loving the characterizations here... been reading a few chapters a night of this.
Lois Weston chapter 68 . 2/26
Awesome...I became deeply invested in our epic story. I am so sad to leave it for now. Although happy and sated. I appreciate your historic and literary references...I will look up Beckford's book . Thank you so very much or taking us through this event
1,376 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »