Reviews for Home is the Sailor
Defender of the Dogma chapter 68 . 5/12
WOW! This story was awesome! And it got me through some serious stress, too. Thank you so much!
I loved the realistic progression of the characters, and the intense detail. It was wonderful! Thank you for this amazing story. I (Defender of the Dogma) have also written star trek fanfics, but none as long or intricate as this one. I have, however, been toying with a very slow progressive fanfic like this one. Thank you for this incredibly amazing story! I'm unsure if I have the words to tell you how incredible this fic was. If you don't get that a lot, people are thinking it. See you in the funny papers!
I love, love, love your stories, especially this one!
You are my favorite Star Trek fan-fiction author hands down. Heck, you are pretty close to being one of my favorite Star Trek authors out of everyone...and I have been reading the books since way back when they first pulished the James Blish stories based on the original series ... so I know!
Thanks for the pleasure you share. God bless you and all your talent. Amazing.
Lilibet06 chapter 67 . 2/10
What a wonderful job you've done fleshing out these characters! I couldn't read fast enough, I wanted to know "What was next?Having read the rest of the Holo series this was a wonderful way to "catch up" with the characters all together.
Laura2468 chapter 68 . 1/7
Aww I am sad the story is over. I liked it very much. I think it would be a good story to see Spock a bit older doing clan stuff or who he marries? Very cute story. x
stroke3times chapter 11 . 11/22/2016
Yeild. Should be yield.
stroke3times chapter 6 . 11/21/2016
Managemanage...
stroke3times chapter 5 . 11/21/2016
Spock being a law unto himself... instead of a law until himself.

I am a stroke survivor, and things like an incorrect turn of phrase are hard for me to ignore. At least, you do not have difficulty with pronouns, homonymns. Those are also difficult.

The writing is wonderful. The character development is extraordinarily well done.
stroke3times chapter 68 . 11/17/2016
Amanda's chin rests on her elbows. That's a strange position, maybe her chin on her palms? Elbows on the table, palms overlapping, chin on them?
Guest chapter 68 . 9/16/2016
A splendid stoy. Love the banter and humor. You managed to capture the essence of each character based on the original episodes and add a great deal more drama and mystery. Loved the ambience and depiction of Vulcan. This was easily worth a lot more than 1,300 reviews. Thanks again for applying your hard work, creativity and imagination toward the Star Trek fandom!
Guest chapter 63 . 9/14/2016
Like the humorous banter between Sarek and Amanda. Kirk finally stopped pressuring Spock so much about returning to Starfleet. He was so driven and singleminded about it That he came across as selfish and aggressive. I found myself torn throughout the entire story. I feel a lot more empathy for Spocks parents. I hate to break up the the Starfleet triumvent but I feel that he should give his family another shot and allow them to have some redeemption.
Guest chapter 61 . 9/14/2016
Good wake up for Spock. I like their family time at breakfast. Kirk and Sarek are showing a definite character growth and everyone is at peace.
Guest chapter 59 . 9/13/2016
I like the visuals you created within the mental "plane" between the healers, Sarek and Spock. You are also very adept at maintaining well timed consistency with each characters actions within the overall plot. When something happens telepathically during the healing, it also effects Kirk. I like how you are able to cover all angles At the right pace with all elements like Komack and the political whirlwind I have been at the edge of my seat chapter after chapter.

Great Job!
Guest chapter 58 . 9/12/2016
Well I certainly want you to continue. All of the medical details are realistically futuristic. I really love the family bonding scenes and the reconciliation theme throughout the entire story keeps me coming back for more. I also like the constant character development . I really also enjoy how you explore each characters vulnerabilities.

The political scenes are seamlessly woven into the plot. I just love it! This story is very well rounded and thorough.

Thanks again for sharing.
Guest chapter 55 . 9/12/2016
You are absolutely brilliant. You nailed this chapter. This is one of the best Star Trek fics I have ever read.
Guest chapter 39 . 9/10/2016
Oh thank you, thank you. I love long novels!
1,392 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »