Reviews for The Gunslinger
Warden of Lore chapter 27 . 3/29
are you dead
Gojosin chapter 27 . 3/16
I have just recently read this story, and I like it a lot. I wonder if you'll ever return to continue and maybe finish the story, but I know life means many fanfics die before they conclude. Still, getting a favorite and maybe one day we'll see how 'Uncle Vinny' deals with Dream Zanarkand and how they deal with Super Seymour (Seymour was my most hated Final Fantasy boss, actually... just his personality). I also got theories on why the lifestream is corrupted and why the WEAPONS are actually waking up.

Hell, I'll go ahead and put down the lifestream one.

See, we know in VII that JENOVA corrupted the Lifestream after it impacted The Planet. For a hell of a long time, it's corruption stayed. However, I think that after Advent Children, the Lifestream started purifying itself. Flash Forward about a thousand years, it's pure, things are... alright. Then the war happens. Yu Yevon, in his mad desire to 'protect' HIS city makes the First Aeon, SIN. Add in what Yunalesca does to the Summons, this disrupts the cycle of the Lifestream, especially when SIN starts destroying everything. Only reason The Planet didn't react, was cause it's WEAPONS were already destroyed. So it starts making new ones (like it did when JENOVA hit). But then Yunalesca 'destroys' SIN and starts the first Calm. Planet rests back, but the corruption of Sin starts infecting the Lifestream through it's killed Sinspawn and all. Add in that Summoners may not be helping anything since we don't know if the Farplane is actually the Lifestream or not (and that their Sending may be tossing people through something made by SIN before they can move on to the cycle) and you get SIN tainted Lifestream... which may be worse than JENOVA tainted.

Anyways, rambled on but yea. My personal theory. Kinda hoping we somehow hear from some of the others, pulling an Aeris (since she kept herself 'separate' in the Lifestream) or some other way. Cause we're going to need at least end Dirge Chaos to have a chance of fighting Super Seymour.
Onitsu Blackfeather chapter 27 . 1/28
I've now reread this fic like 3 times. I keep hoping that you'll come back to it some day. It's almost been 3 years (come April 1st)and I hope that your mma training has been going well. I'll laugh like a maniac though to find out that all along its been Ronda Rousey writing this fic or something like that. In which I understand being super busy ;)
I hope that you do finally update a little. We all love this story, it's one of a kind and the incorporation of the 2 FF world's feels seemless. I'm wondering if the other siummons will make an appearance, like Hades (materia in the farplane)or Leviathan (materia lost at sea) or Odin materia maybe hidden at the very top of gagazet. Heck,even the choco/mog one would be fun. Yunalesca couldn't have gotten themy all. Was Doomtrain in 7? I don't remember.
I hope something is able to be fine about the trained life stream. There has to be a way to purify it.
Well you've left us on another cliffie, here's going for some continuation if you find the time to show your poor awaiting readers some mercy.
NauticalLion chapter 1 . 12/5/2015
Wow! Now this is quite the interesting fic! I've never really cared for the official connection of FFX being a prequel to FFVII but I really like your take on the reverse being true here. From the Summons being ripped from their Materia and chained to their Aeon forms to Yevon twisting and perverting the story of VII to suit their own schemes and machinations. I also find myself rather glad that you brought Cait Sith back. It's a nice way to bring a little bit of home back for Vincent as well as a fun character. Reading this has caused me to want to play through X again as well as made me wonder what would happen if Vincent were to awaken during the events of VIII or IX! Keep up the good work, I can't wait to read the next chapter!
Arford chapter 25 . 11/28/2015
Your story is lovely; I'm still waiting and wanting your next update. I understand if it never comes, but I want it nonetheless.

With love,
a reader.
Meck Viking chapter 27 . 8/12/2015
well now.. i was right it was epic. but has stalled probly because of life. still will be looking forward to the next installment once its posted. great work.
Meck Viking chapter 2 . 8/11/2015
Got to say the set up is nice the will be epic
GlassedGamer chapter 25 . 7/13/2015
At one point I kinda wanna see Vincent catch Wakka's ball when he throws it at him, and the simply don't give it back.
Then next time they meet:
"You stole my blitzball!"
"You threw it away. I consider that a donation to charity."
*angry pointing* "You stole it!"
*shrug* "Pirate."
Kakurosu chapter 27 . 7/6/2015
oh update
beautiful update
skilly chapter 27 . 4/26/2015
I don't know where to start... I was just browsing around looking for a decent fan fic on my Friday off, anything starring my favorite gunman and demon host, Vincent Valentine (yyeeah boi). To be truthful, I had brushed this story off from the get-go, as I was never a fan of FFX and never made it far into the game... But now here I sit, and my entire weekend has paid itself to this beautiful story; I am unable to write a review that will do my feelings justice for it.
My favorite part thus far has definitely been the pirates! And you moved on from that time in Vincent's life very naturally (for the reader), so it was comfortable; yet I still think very fondly of his crew and ship, almost wishing that light-hearted time in the tale hadn't ended. I am certain I feel as though your Vincent would feel about it, which is in and of itself a great success for an author like you (to bring your readers right into the world you're writing)!
Another thing, is that I have had the urge to go grab my psVita and complete FFX... Until it dawns on me that the characters I love most in this story are in fact your OC's in the world of Spira. While you've given me a new appreciation of folks like Lulu and Rikku, I would truly be missing their character interactions with Biggs, Drya, and even Cait Sith. (I swear I won't know what to do with myself if you decided to kill off The Crimson Queen... I'm actually worried about her being an infamous pirate lord without Vincent's help!) Please understand how genuine my words are, it's not often people are actually able to get into OC's like this, and this site has been one of my fave past-times for many years now. You've have written an encompassing story, whether it would have contained Valentine or not, it's immediately become an all-time favorite in my book.
It has been difficult to step away from my laptop reading, (despite the length of it, I feel like I read with admirable zeal and speed!) as much of your scenes are written even like a feature film. The smallest steps you have taken to dramatize the character's actions has not gone unnoticed, and you've thoroughly made Vincent reach an all time high of bad-assity. The challenging battle scenes are masterfully done. (Fights are quite difficult to write well in my opinion, and readers are usually either skipping over excessive detail or simply trying to figure out how a character went from point A to point B and how they looked doing it.) You've brought each character to life for your audience.

Now that I've caught up with the story, I am tempted to read through it once more, more slowly, that I might get a grapple on the chaotic storm of emotions and a clearer picture for myself. I trust that in these past two years you haven't forgotten the land and the people in your Spira, so when/(if) you are ready to continue it, the mass of reviewers and fans you've gained will be ready and waiting.
I wish you the best, thank you for creating The Gunslinger. Since my imagination is already on fire, it may be that you have some fanart coming soon... ;)
Hades Coolest God Ever chapter 27 . 3/29/2015
Please update, and make Vincent not have as much control and that he does his mission.
Warden of Lore chapter 27 . 1/6/2015
Please put this story up for adoption I really like it and it needs to continue.
Erasels chapter 14 . 1/6/2015
Well, this seems like one of those stories where the writer just throws the protagonist into one hazard after the next, always preventing him from doing anything really. Pretty damn disappointing, I actually like this, but seeing Vincent be killed nearly every chapter and getting accused of whatever too is getting really irritating. Thanks for sharing this.
maya.oingoing chapter 17 . 11/8/2014
Finally Tidus XD. Its just me or the meeting is just too common o_o . Owwww that hurt my curiousity...
maya.oingoing chapter 11 . 11/8/2014
I love your fic and this is great. I love the way you put Vincent as the main character. But Where Tidus? l lost my patience. I love Vincent but how long this gonna take to make Tidus be there? :( I'm dying want to know what's going to happen if Vincent see Tidus? But still this is great I mean your fic... But please put some Tidus in there :(
1,411 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »