Reviews for Waste Not
Nytd chapter 1 . 9/3/2008
Stumbled across this tonight, and I am so glad that I did.

This was a great look at interaction between Elizabeth and Barbossa. Love that there is something else beneath the surface of their conversation, but you leave it unspoken as to just what it might be. Fear? Respect? Loathing? Longing? All of the above?

"A voice from behind her says, “I take it there’s trouble in yon Garden of Eden,” and the serpent appears beside her, complete with apple, which he tosses in the air and catches, tosses in the air and catches,"

I actually gasped out loud at how perfect this entrance was described for Barbossa. Absolutely loved it.

This was very well written, and I enjoyed reading it a great deal!

Well done!

Cheers!

Nytd
my-echo chapter 1 . 8/30/2007
Wow. That was awesome.

The implication of attraction was so subtle, so deftly entwined and, quite realistically, mixed with frightened and repulsed denial. All in all, I just really adored it.

Bravo.

~Echo
East-Coast-Invictus chapter 1 . 6/24/2007
I absolutely love your Barbossa. The serpent and apple imagery just utterly fit him and the dialogue was very nearly something out of a TedNTerry script, I swear. Normally, I would staunchly declare a dislike of anything Hector/Elizabeth but your writing seems to make it feasible. Not an all out romance, of course, but something almost like ...romantic respect or some such that I can't quite describe at the moment. Perfect descriptions. The flow was brilliant. 10 out of 10.
PirateMistress chapter 1 . 6/17/2007
Hey, very nice job on this fic. You've captured everyone's interpersonal dynamics really well. Your character voice are spot -on and this is a great glimpse of what it might be like between Eliz. and Barbossa on the way to the end of the world... lovely work!
Circe Rose chapter 1 . 3/26/2007
Random m'dear, it's been too long since I've read one of your stories, or had the time for more then a one-chapter quickie lol. But I'm glad I remembered dear ol' ff/net. Your writing is, as I remember it to be, brilliant. Quite enjoyable.

"Impossibly possible."

Cheers luv
dark-hearted rose chapter 1 . 12/19/2006
wow. this was excellent! i loved it.

warm regards,

dark-hearted rose
mea-kh chapter 1 . 8/4/2006
The very first time I saw the second movie I said to myself, "Mea, Elizabeth is worthless. She should just hook up with Barbossa and let Will and Jack find women... or men... more worthy of their good looks." I really like your depiction of their interaction. For some reason it makes me happy:)

But anyway, God knows how much I love Pirates. I've only seen it about 11 times so far. But is Doctor Who dead to you already? I had this dream last night, you know, that since Rose is stuck in a parallel universe and all she meets a parallel Doctor... but it was the ninth! And then through a series of events that I can't quite recall at the moment the two Doctors met and they were both jealous of the other. It was a fantastic dream. Would make a good fan fic to if you were so inclined:)
NatzandtheRatz chapter 1 . 7/26/2006
WOW.
music nerd chapter 1 . 7/26/2006
...i really have nothing to say that isn't rash and hasty, so i shall just drop this review for the purpose of letting you know that i read this.
ICRepresentative chapter 1 . 7/23/2006
Wow. Fantastic writing here. I love it.

Lizzy is certainly going to be in hot water in the three-qual, isn't she? :D
pray for hope chapter 1 . 7/21/2006
wow interesting ship...i really want to experiment with this ship in the future...

good job
Vypress chapter 1 . 7/21/2006
Fascinating pairing. I never would've thought that these two would ever fit together, but somehow you managed to pull it off and in a believable fashion. Brilliant characterization and writing on your part. Bravo! If you ever write anymore E/B fics, I'd be dying to read them.
rembrandt.fan chapter 1 . 7/19/2006
I'm glad to know I wasn't the only one picking up some Elizabeth/Barbossa vibes during the first movie, and I'm even happier to have finally found a lovely, incharacter fic that touches on the topic
kaput chapter 1 . 7/19/2006
Great, great characterizations. I love your Elizabeth in particular, her independence, her desire for captaincy and her torn feelings in regards to Will, Jack, Barbossa. I also like how she wants to belong to herself; I think that's where her heart really does lie -in freedom, not in a man. She's a twenty-first century girl in the body of a seventeenth-century maiden.

Also, you've got some great lines here. This, for example, was a stroke of pure genius: "'I take it there’s trouble in yon Garden of Eden,' and the serpent appears beside her, complete with apple." Love, love, love that image.

The only nitpick I have with this piece is that the switches in verb tense can be a little off-putting. Otherwise, it's fabulous. Well done!
Alzadea chapter 1 . 7/19/2006