Reviews for AFA II: Falling from Grace
Surfingspider chapter 32 . 9/25/2013
Still going strong.
Edhla chapter 1 . 5/18/2013
I'm not familiar with canon, but I thought this was a strong prologue and a good intro to your fic :) It's very short and could perhaps stand to "show" a little more than "tell", as I thought it did when it identified a character as "the warrior" or "the young teenager", both of which came across as a little bluntly put :) In any case, good job with this one x
Nemesis Enforcer chapter 27 . 12/9/2008
Another nail biting chapter - but I expected nothing less.

I liked the development on Quincy in this chapter. It gave me a much needed explaination as to what happened shortly after Aoede sacrificed herself. I'm also glad that he did not retain the ability to affect human will. That would have been a bit too much for someone with an obvious god complex. On a side note, I'm hoping you can delve a bit deeper with details on that particular ability that Aoede (now Mackie) had.

The whole situation with Priss actually staying with Genom is hard to stomach. I realize that given the context of the story, it would have been easy to redirect Priss' anger for Genom towards Sylia. Especially considering all the ordeals she's just gone through and with Linna seemingly missing. I just hope that the rest of the Knight Sabers can get through to her. It's good that Leon is there for her but I can't help but be a little apprehensive of that as well. He better behave himself.

The scene you wrote with Lisa distraught, wanting to make Linna pay for the death of Ginger, and Linna desiring the guilt to end was so heart wrentching. When I think back to all that has happened to Linna, I could empathize with her wanting it to just stop. I suspect that the turmoil and guilt she was feeling led to the hard suit going rogue. Exciting chase scene by the way.

All in all, the chapter was nicely done and I think the way you ended it was superb. I hope that you will be update soon.
Nemesis Enforcer chapter 26 . 12/2/2008
I've just finished up to your latest completed chapter of AFA II and of course have read through AFA and AFA: Reflections. All I can say is - WOW! I don't think I've read through a story that has evoked as much angst as the AFA series. I find it well written with the story keeping me so enthralled that I felt so much empathy for the characters - especially Priss and Linna.

Even though BGC 2040 has been out for a number of years, I have only recently watched it. Being a fan of the original OVA series, I was naturally apprehensive to watch a re-imaging of an anime I so dearly loved. Anyway, since completing 2040 I've been scouring through fanfiction sites and such on stories on the 2040 characters. I became intriqued with the notion of the attraction between the 2040 versions of Priss and Linna and became a fan of that pairing.

Anyway, regarding your story - you seem to really like beating the crap out of the characters, healing them up (almost to full recovery) and then pounding on them again either physically, emotionally, or both. So many times after completing a chapter I just had to groan in frustration. Although, I think that's pretty much the type of reaction you were looking for, right? Being a glutton for punishment, I continued on reading wanting to see the characters overcome whatever challenge they were faced with, fully knowing that the road would not be a easy one.

Now I have a small request. Could you please take it a bit easier on on the characters? I don't know if my poor heart can take anymore. Priss and Linna deserve more than fleeting moments of happiness with eachother, damnit! Damn that Quincy! I look forward to reading your future chapters (and hopefully seeing Linna and Priss finding their way to eachother again). Yeah, yeah - I'm a sap, I know.
surfingspider not signed in chapter 26 . 10/22/2008
it took a while, reading by phone on public transport, but I am done and see plenty of continualitee. The involvment of the supra organizations can be problematic as their power is just so much more than the charas; the US were like paper, the Chinese a little more involved but still needing depth to the characters.

Still nene and mackey have progressed, the love triangle is just as tense as ever and sylia immolating herself would have been a good way out for her, a violent death is about all she has without some kind of heavy duty remorse laced trip
surfingspider not logged in chapter 22 . 10/20/2008
This is where I am up to, from the beginning!
CrimsonNoble chapter 25 . 9/22/2008
Man, Linna's having really bad luck with the whole not getting metal through her gut thing.

Quincy was a totally unexpected turn of events.

And of course, as with every time you put out a chapter, I'm depressed again. And things were looking like it might be possible to have a happy ending too.

Shoulda known better.
SurfingSpider chapter 23 . 9/15/2008
So many new names. I'll have to start from the beginning again. I see that all the heart ache is still there.

ss
CrimsonNoble chapter 24 . 8/20/2008
Something that wasn't (obviously as of now) horribly bad for half the cast happened.

Holy crap.

This continues to be incredibly well written.

Curiosity: Do you have a solid idea on how much longer this fic is going to be? It seemed to be winding down somewhat until the last part of this chapter.
Shiwasu chapter 22 . 6/25/2008
Absolutely stunning.

I am glad I stumbled across this. You have me on the edge of my seat with Linna and Priss alone. PLEASE continue!

Don't change a thing,

~Shiwasu
CrimsonNoble chapter 22 . 2/17/2008
I remember reading AFA when part two was first posted and making it maybe to the seventh chapter of part two before I gave up because... I don't even know why. It's just bleak. Not everyone dies bleak, everyone survives and there's no hope for any of them because things keep happening bleak. It is intense in every sense of the word I know of.

And it's amazingly well written. I adore batshit nuts and driven Sylia. I liked Priss before the whole resurrection bit. And I must wonder, given the talking about what it's like to be dead in chapter six, whether or not she really survived.

I dunno. In spite of how well its written, just how insanely bleak it is makes it hard to read. I mean, Brave New World was bleak, but it wasn't like that throughout every chapter.

I like this fic, but at the same time, I'm not sure I want to see the end. It just... tastes like it's going to end badly for everyone.
Kiai Onegai chapter 21 . 5/24/2007
Now I'm finally up to speed! Excellent stuff so far, plot arks abound! awesome read. I hope you get this last chappy done quick, I'm anxious to see the way things wrap up.
Evil Riggs chapter 1 . 5/17/2007
Intriguing!
Kiai Onegai chapter 11 . 4/26/2007
Well even though I've read all the way up to the 20 something chapter on your site, I find this refreshing in its own right. Nice work! Jill and Kat were the missing KS's in the series that should have been fleshed out the way you have them here. I miss you on the c3f!
dawius chapter 11 . 4/7/2007