Reviews for Stupid Cupid
LM22102 chapter 15 . 9/22
I'm not sure if you already have an idea for them being in Gotham, but perhaps something legal that Dick Grayson needs to do or whatnot but have Alfred or Bruce see how Dick looks Raven would be great.

... I still want Roy's happy ending. So count this as my official vote for them together. /sobs Yet, as the sun rises in the east and sets in the west.. I know that will not happen. Oh Roy! I'm already planning for your funeral, you poor thing..
LM22102 chapter 14 . 9/22
Oh GAWD. It's like trying to choose between a puppy and a kitten. The puppy who is so so excited to love you, and the kitten who is reserved but desperate for attention. AW MAN. WHAT DO I DO
LM22102 chapter 12 . 9/22
Okay, before I even go on to the next chapter. I've started this story when it first published (ten whole years ago? damn) and as the updates came over the years, I've read it. But for a while now, I haven't been able to get at it. Chapter 11 (Roy and Raven's kiss in the rain) was the last chapter I read (as my update emails were for 12/13/14) apparently. So before I dove into the updates, I've just read the entire thing from the start all over again. I'm glad I did.

Robin, nay, Dick Grayson is my one true pairing for Raven. Since the beginning, he was the one. His relationship with her was the only one I'd consider true. Yes, she may have some dalliances with others, I may read them but Dick was always the endgame. But Em, my darling beautiful writer, Em, I cannot. I may not have had the heart, or even the intuition, the words to say it years before, but .. I am head over heels in love with Roy for Raven here. I haven't read the next few chapters yet (which might have changed that) but this is seventy-thousand words of Roy interacting with Raven. In this instance, in this story, this .. this history of them. I need Roy to have his happy ending. You have spent 70,000 words- WORDS to show us this- this relationship, their interactions, their banter, and their heartache and .. and.. unless it's another 70k words to showcase Robin, I am Team Roy with no guilt whatsoever in this situation.

Investment, Em. You can't invest 70k words having us, the reader, fall IN LOVE with Roy and .. and.. not have it a happy ending. Maybe.. maybe a vague ending, where the reader could interpret as it is or even an alternate ending.. But darling, oh my darling.. My heart is just BREAKING for Roy because I know.. just as I know the sun rises in the east and sets in the west, Raven and Robin are meant to be. But there are miracles, there are instances, there are DREAMS in which we can have our ways. And in this case, I'm hoping for a miracle here. And if that were ever to happen, if that small sliver of a chance that Roy gets his chance, .. hot damn, I am going to cry tears of joy because honestly, I'm nearly tearing up for the eventual heartache Roy will receive later on.

SIGH. Stupid Cupid has and will always be about Roy and Raven. Em, you are just that good. Please, do consider this child you've written and raised for over ten years. I've grown up watching it as well, and it is something to be so, so proud of. But I cannot stand the thought that for everything, (and not just all the work Roy and Raven have put into their plan) but for all the written words and small moments that we've come so far.. I can't stand the thought that Raven would still choose Robin over Roy. I can't.

I love you, regardless.

Time to face the beating drums and get on with the next few chapters.
Becky chapter 15 . 9/14
Any chance of an update anytime soon? Just read basically all of your TT stuff - you're a really talented writer.

This is a really charming story, and you've really managed to develop the essence of the characters. Hopefully you'll find some inspiration for the next chapter soon! xx
lolipop27 chapter 15 . 8/18

Wow three years have passed since the last updated LOL uhmm...¿Do you going to conclude this?...right?...Because this is amazing! XD Ahhhh seriously I'm dying to know what going to happens in Gotham city between Robin and Raven if they going to take your friendship to another level or what Roy going to do about it XD...I like Roy, he's so funny and perverse and a stupid cupid so lovely that I want Raven stay with him...I don't know, I don't know XD I like him jaja...but, but I like Robin too, it's obviously that he's in love of Raven (before than Roy) I think Robin knows Raven so well than any person (Cyborg too but..) they have a mutual respect and they share a special bond and that's wonderful to start a relationship..I would like she stay better with him XD...ahhh! I so confused!..Oh well, update soon OK..

Aprilstorm chapter 15 . 8/5
You really need to update this! Its great!
Karashiae chapter 15 . 7/3

I’m not sure if you will be able to receive this review, but since I saw you update not too long ago, I figured it might be worth a shot (all in the hope that your Robin will come back to you soon). Stupid Cupid is also such a great candidate for a review—because you have everything there—that I couldn’t really pass this chance.

Well, here goes nothing.

The one thing that sets this story apart from the others, and also the one thing I really like, is that you portray your characters in the middle of their transition, the development of their relationships. Other stories were either about the very beginning moments or about a fully established relationship, both of which have a lot of fluff potential but neither could reach the emotional depth you got here. I like the nuanced feelings, especially those of Speedy, and even more so, the maturity your cast exudes that unfortunately is missing from many other works.

Dialogues are probably your best point, and they get better as the story progresses. They are clean, clear, and measured, with a distinct flair for each character. Sometimes they steer a bit to the cheesy side, such as Speedy’s interactions with Beast Boy in the latter chapters, but the dynamic between the protagonists is well-executed. The only thing I might speak of is that you miss punctuation marks here and there, usually commas. It doesn’t matter as much in spoken language, but in written dialogues, it’s very noticeable. I understand that you were aiming at casual speech, but casualness comes from the language itself, not from how punctuation marks are placed. (For the record, I think you nailed most of the conversations, so yeah.)

The story is reasonably paced, leaving plenty room for character development. Raven is exactly how I imagine her—a bit passive, self-conscious, and in your own words, “emotionally inexperienced”. Sometimes I feel that empathy is totally wasted on her (lol). It makes her interactions with other characters so interesting, as though she takes on the color of whoever she converses with, but of course, not without her own flair. Robin hasn’t had much screen time so I can’t say a lot, but from what I could see, you captured him well. The impression he leaves is clear enough to last, and even when he does not make an appearance, the audience can still feel his presence superimposed over the scenes. Developing Robin in subsequent chapters (if you continue) is gonna be a very delicate task, but I trust you can do it just fine.

On to Speedy. I’m gonna be honest with you, you got me into this ship. There’s a little of everything in him, and his is one of the most memorable portrayals of a male character I have recently read. Everything about him boils down to the first kissing scene, which is a great, great performance from the writer. It is logical, it opens up the characters, and in the end it’s just really beautifully crafted. To me, Speedy should always get the first kiss no matter who Raven ends up with, because it shows exactly how our two male protagonists are different. In that single scene, there is his confidence, his resilience, his consideration, his devotion, his love, and his impulsiveness with a tinge of desperation. It really shows how much he can take control (or advantage) of the situation, and the audience is reminded again how he decided not to take the advantage because he loves Raven too much. It is huge, dear writer, what you have accomplished. You did so much work that the second kiss pales in comparison. All of this… vastness and depth would never be there if you had let Raven be more clear-cut about her emotions, or Speedy less, I don’t know, less like himself. Bravo again.

That said, I’m really looking forward to Robin making a move. Not because I’m a RobRae shipper, but because—unless Robin doesn’t do anything—the internal flow of the story seems to move toward Robin and Raven. Speedy/Raven is most beautiful for me when it’s unrequited, like in that kiss (man, that kiss) where she knows too little and he knows too much. It’s incredibly heartbreaking, but you know you could be happy even with it. If Raven does settle with Speedy, however, there will be too much regret for all parties involved. Just my personal impression, though, and of course you know best about where you are taking us.

Well, that’s about all I can say. Congratulations on having done such a great job. Let me know if I got something wrong there, haha.
AngeNoirRae chapter 14 . 6/25
Hey there ,Have you noticed that this story hasn't been updated for years?AN ETERNITY,DUDE!HOW CAN YOU DO THIS TO ME?::sniffles::please don't abandon this awesome story...or I will personally come and HUNT YOY DOWN AND TAKE YOUR EYES OUT WITH MY TOENAILS(this is from...)
On a side note,I am really sorry ifyou are busy and I am bothering you
you lost inspiration for this
you don't have a device to write this on︿
Or you are just lazy(Like meeeee)
Anyways ,I hope you are well and that you will update soon(fingers crossed)
AngeNoirRae chapter 15 . 6/19
OK,so hello there(AGAINNN).This is probably myfifth,sixth,no waitseventh time reading this and I am losing hope that you will update .This story is literally so well written and with the way things are going on rn,I love it.I just wish you would update this
AnisYamamoto chapter 15 . 6/15
I hope you'll still continue writing this fic i'm curious to see what is going to happen next.. They can just probably meet up with Alfred and Bruce or get some materials.. Visiting his parents' grave?
AngeNoirRae chapter 15 . 6/13
Omggg, This is awesome!(ノo)ノMy fav fanfic on this site.I hope Raven ends up with Speedy. Update soon and how are you?It has been a looooooooooong time.(y)
Magenta Ruby chapter 15 . 6/4
I love this fic! It's so well written!
I've been waiting for the next update, which you haven't done yet. You promised you won't abandone this fic, so don't you dare break it! Or I'll hunt you down personally and make you pay for it!
Just Kidding! :)
And honestly, I want Raven to end up with Speedy at last, atleast in this fic... Cause Robin is stupid. But, then again it all depends you. Do whatever you want to do with them, other then killing them of course!
Hope life's treating you well. If not, then best of luck!
Until next time!
I really love this story, I hope you come back to it. And I hope Raven ends up with Speedy.

Perhaps in Gotham Robin might need to make some sort of public appearance for Wayne Enterprises and Raven can go with him as a 'date' (?). I never liked them as a pairing because they are both emotionally constipated. But your story plays off that to good effect. And I love how you portray the characters.
Nicole chapter 15 . 3/6
I know you haven't updated this in years...but if you ever finish it I'll love you forever. I am deeply and emotionally involved in this.
Man! Raven is SO high!