Reviews for The Interference
I've only played through kh2 once, but I remember exactly how I handled struggle battles. With Hayner, at first I tried attacking normally, then figured out I could trap him in a corner and just used that startegy for the rest of the fights. I'm also on the second disk of ff9, and Vivi is awesome.
Profmook chapter 5 . 3/30
Keyblades aren't inherently Light. The Kingdom Key D for example. Keyblades can be forged just as easily from Darkness as from Light so having Lockshields be inherently Dark doesn't really make sense.
magical fan18 chapter 44 . 5/4/2017
This was a great fic to read, I loved the way you wrote it up as it was very good.

I love the OC Alexander and the idea for the shield, inspiring and amazing of an idea and weapon.

I cannot wait to see your attempts at some of the other Kingdom Hearts games like Dream Drop Distance or also maybe Birth By Sleep.

I myself am trying to write my own sort of OC self insert Kimgdom Hearts story but I have only done the first chapter.

My idea is for a OC to enter into the KH universe during BBS or some time before or after the events of the game.

This is so he can have his own adventure as he travels through some Disney worlds that were not used or neglected to be used in Kingdom Hearts. I may even add in a few recent Disney Movies to the mix.

Of course I may have to wait until KH3 comes out so that I know I am not stealing any worlds that are gonna be used for that upcoming game.
Gojosin chapter 44 . 4/9/2016
Well, this certainly was interesting. There have been many stories in which I've wondered 'what would happen if I could change things?' I had thoughts and notes and various ideas. But I'm not a writer, really. So to see someone who actually can spin a story go through doing these things, it was intriguing. I only wish I had found this sooner.

Well, time to check out the further books in The Interference saga.
NatNicole chapter 44 . 1/19/2016
The first seven chapters are pure AWESOME!
the rest of the story, not so much but still great. I especially liked how Alexander struggled physically, the Lockshield, Kairi getting a Keyblade earlier, the tiny changes from canon that make little to no difference in plot yet a world of difference emotionally, and the comments from Roxas & Joumae. :D

PS. The Guest NatNicole is me too.
CloudSkylark18 chapter 1 . 9/22/2014
Nice. I can't wait to read the next chapter.
joeyblast chapter 28 . 12/2/2013
You could have made it so Auron could live in Alex's world.
joeyblast chapter 27 . 12/2/2013
That Keyhole actually does exist in the game.
ScarlettGoddess chapter 45 . 9/22/2013
Read the whole thing and let me tell you it was definetely worth my time. )
TheSadMachine chapter 1 . 8/13/2013
One of your loyal readers referred this story to me and I'm glad that they did! I'm liking this story. :) So, I hope to read it all the way through.
Guest chapter 30 . 7/14/2013
Oh, is that a bit of foreshadowing that I see? WILL Alexander ever get back home? Or will he be stuck in Kingdom Hearts universe forever? Guess i'll just have to read and find out!

Oh, and was anyone else reminded of Xion when reading this chappie? Wouldn't say why 'cause I don't want to be a spoiler, but if anyone else has completed 358/2 Days, then I think you know what I'm talking about.
HoldenCaulfied chapter 10 . 3/25/2012
i'm interested in seeing how the interference works with a game like mass effect or pokemon/digimon or persona series where the universe has a self insert character that the player can inhabit.

try doing a mmo like dc universe or bioshock or a fighting game like street fighter cross tekken or doa 5.
Gameflyer1992 chapter 45 . 9/19/2011
While I did sum things up overall in my review of your latest addition to the series, I'll state my specifics on each story.

Kingdom Hearts is one of my favorite game series, and you sir, defintely gave it a better rep for me with this refreshing retelling of KHII. Also, this first tale is awesome; hands-down one of the best self-insertion stories I've ever read. Alex did essentially transform from info-man to full-on combatant. I'm glad this sets things up for the rest of the saga. Keep up the excellent work, Spud!
SilverLight7 chapter 45 . 8/30/2011
All I have to say is that this is fantastic.

I was a bit unsure of this one, but decided to give it a shot. I'm glad I did. Alex was such a unique, believable, likeable and, most of all, human character- which seems difficult to do with the "sucked into the game" plot. Not to mention that all the canon characters are kept true to themselves and have their moments to shine. It is by far the best OC/Reader Insert that I have read in a good, long while.

What made me realize a lot of this was that, at one point, while reading this, I actually FORGOT that Alex wasn't a part of the KH universe. You had done such a good job weaving him into the story that, eventually, he stood alongside everyone else as opposed to apart. That, I think, is the best anyone can hope for when creating their own character, and I applaud you for it.

I was actually wondering if I could give him a sort of cameo or small part in my own Kingdom Hearts story- that is, if you don't mind. I'll have to think on it a little to make sure he'd actually fit with the plot I have in mind, but I thought I'd ask you in advance.

Anyway, thanks again for writing this. It was a wonderful read. Now, I'm off to read the rest of the Interference series. Take care and good luck in your future endeavors! :)
GameJunkie7 chapter 45 . 6/21/2011
This is bloody genius right here Spud. I love insertion stories (yes that's right I love OC insertion stories unlike most people)

Most specifically I'm a huge fan of the concept that G-Man of Half-Life infamy once told Dr. Freeman: "The right person in the wrong place can make all the difference."

This story was different from most; unlike most other FF and KH stories instead of either completely ignoring combat or focusing solely on it you balanced it with mostly dialogue and description while only writing the really important fights in any heavy detail.

I would also like to point out how utterly human you made Alex out to be. He isn't some indestructible/infallible/unstoppable being (unlike my OC Knuckle who is a literal God after creating his own world from pure darkness T_T) and not only has a very realistic outlook on things but he has fears, insecurities and most of all the unwanted corruption that precedes most of mankind.

I am going to be watching your work Spud; I plan on reading new chapters of Interference IV in the future.