Reviews for Over The Years
ink7blot again chapter 7 . 5h
Did you know that the psychology of forgiveness is actually not all that positive? See, some people use "I forgive you" as a way to run away from their problems. Instead of acknowledging how much they were hurt and why this affected themselves so badly, they think that some magic words will wipe the slate clean and they can go back to before any of this happened. Unfortunately for them, that's not how that works at all. Before you can truly forgive, you have to face the reality of your situation. Before you can truly forgive, you have to fix what went wrong so this doesn't happen again.

I read this one webnovel where the male love interest mocked the female lead for being infatuated with him (which she wasn't, he was just being a dick and assuming that every woman ever is in love with him), and I was so ready for the female lead to make a point of hooking up with a different guy JUST to prove him wrong. I wanted her to rub it in his face. I wanted to see him regret everything, so that it's a catalyst for his character growth and he can become a better person.

Because sometimes, you just can't forgive. Sometimes you're not that good of a person. And forgiveness as a mechanism is meant for YOU, the person who is hurt, not the one who did the hurting. (God, the other webnovels I've read where the asshole cheating couple forces the person they cheated on to 'please please forgive me and give us your blessing to be together' makes me gag.)

So fuck yeah, Tenten. Make him work for your affection, because who cares if he's the defacto heir to his prestigious clan, YOU'RE the badass bitch.

~ Love, Scarlet
fanofthisfiction chapter 1 . 1/23
Oh my gosh Neji. Really? You gave away Tenten's gift? (Reader stance position- ready to spar).

I suppose it makes sense but poor poor Tenten and surely Neji will regret the giveaway once he grows into young adulthood.

As for my review, it was a very nicely set up chapter. The pomp and circumstance over one birthday made me smile, especially because one Hyuga Neji was the center of the commotion.

Thanks for sharing!
Marinara the Sauce chapter 3 . 11/15/2020
AW! That was super sweet of Neji to do! Loving this!
Marinara the Sauce chapter 1 . 11/15/2020
I love Tenten's practicality. Neji and Tenten are beautifully characterized, excited to read more!
piixiiestiix chapter 8 . 10/18/2020
Been waiting since 2008 lol
Guest chapter 8 . 9/17/2020
This is iconic!
Guest chapter 8 . 8/29/2020
Wow! Amazing chapter, thank you for this food and this update!
naash chapter 8 . 8/28/2020
Can't believe you're giving us another chapter

This was really good and satisfied my nejitan fan needs

Thank you so much. You made my day
xBitterSweetDreamsx chapter 7 . 6/25/2019
Haha, enjoyed it! Though I can’t picture Neji acting like this, was still hilarious
ink7blot chapter 7 . 3/26/2018
Your hatred of easy reconciliation is easily explained: you value a good story. Honestly! It’s one thing to get together and be happy and just BOOM endgame, but it’s another thing to have a relationship and develop and grow. You want more than just the ship, you want a good story out of it, with feelings and problems and things that make you want to squeal/cry/laugh/scream.

Your need for a good story is something I appreciate GREATLY since it means you wrote a wonderful, wonderful story. I literally had to go through every one of my 200 favortied fics in order to find this one again and god was it WORTH IT. Expect for me to re read this more in the future.

My most favoritest thing about this story is that Tenten becomes the darling of the Hyuugas and all the boy cousins get jealous. But how about the girl cousins? What do they think of Tenten? (Personally, I think they’ll love her and yet also find the need to do something about her nest of hair and 50 bajillion bobby pins.) I mean, Hinata probably adores her. The elders think she’s great. Hiashi... well, he wouldn’t be adverse to Neji courting her.

Anyyywayyys, I hope there are more chapters? If not, I will accept what has been gifted and move on. But this is a fantastic story.

Love ~Scarlet
TheJadeSceptre chapter 3 . 9/20/2017
This is so nice!
Iris chapter 7 . 6/29/2015
...Well, I personally loved how you wrote Neji. Oh my gosh yes. Delish. As was the story. But holy Jesus on a flying pogo stick - the idea of a flushed, frantic Neji? *swoon* Dear gods have mercy...
hanny.trinh chapter 7 . 9/1/2014
Is it finished? I want more! Btw this story was really fun to read. I laughed until my stomach hurt.
LonelyDreamer7 chapter 7 . 6/21/2013
Fantastic and all that good jazz! :D

Btw, lively rant at the end. I'm thinking mostly around the same thing hen I see or read romantic stuff.
Xenolicious chapter 7 . 4/30/2013
Please come back to the story! It's so beautifully and eloquently written! Unless of course it's actually complete and was simply not labelled as such. Either way this is sincerely one of the best NejiTen I've ever had the pleasure of reading, so thank you very much indeed. :3