Reviews for Decisions
riverrat chapter 1 . 12/10/2013
Yes, Severus made a crucial mistake joining Voldemort and the Death Eaters. But he had a lot of help from the marauders who probably pushed him over the edge. And when Lily just left him for James he had nothing left in his life.
Great story. You took what little information you had from the books and ran with it.
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 8/13/2006
I wonder if Lily ever found out about the Shrieking Shack?

Oh, of course she did. Sirius Black would never have been able to resist bragging about it. Why not write up a followup study on her when she did learn about it, and how gleeful her husband and his friends were when Dumbledore punished _Snape_ instead, and forbade him to talk about it?

Please? (blinks innocently, offers sacrifice of a newly roasted plot bunny...)
sylvanawood chapter 1 . 7/21/2006
In reply to Iva's review (since doesn't display the replies, I'll copy the answers I write into a separate review.)

Thank you so much, Iva! Young Snape and Lucius would have been at school together, they were in the same house, they would have known each other. In Snape's seventh year, they could have met at Hogsmeade, which I find rather likely. There could have been a group with the Lestranges, Malfoy and some others.

About the companion piece: that's my next project, actually. And I address the rest of the things you mentioned in a longer, chaptered piece that'll be posted later this year. And I totally agree: Dumbledore was no fool!
Iva1201 chapter 1 . 7/21/2006
I really like this one - great written. The only possible fault here is with Lucius - he is 5 years older than Severus, but well they could have met during holidays or something. I love the idea of Snape and Lily using the same room as Harry and his frieds do years after. The relationship you have created for them is also believable and sweet - and unfortunately I can really se someone feeling as betrayed as Severus had to to turn to the side of his once thought enemies...

What I would wish - maybe you could write a companion piece with Snape's return? There had to be some reason why Dumbledore trusted him with his change of the heart - and why not some sort of testimony from Lily's side? I have to tell that in the years of Harry's schooling they have probably many more reasons to trust each other but the beginning is always the hardest thing. And I don't suspect Dumbledore to give his trust as easily as Harry and some authors here think. (-:

However - back to this fic. I have really enjoyed it. Thanks!