Reviews for Contraventions
aussiegirl-1988 chapter 12 . 3/26
Oh just found about bsg and I love it. Lee and kara are my otp in it. This story is amazing please do part 3. !
Cxer chapter 12 . 2/23/2014
Any chance act 3 is still in the works? I really enjoyed how realistic your characters are. I feel like you changed the setting but kept the characters consent. Great work!
CloudyDream chapter 12 . 6/23/2013
This was really good, though I'd have loved to see it continue. Kudos.
PalisDelon chapter 12 . 1/20/2012
That was incredible!
seemsobscene chapter 12 . 5/3/2011
hey- i know you probably haven't even thought about this story in years, but i thought i'd let you know that i just finished marathoning BSG for the first time, and fell completely in love with it. your story is a great take on the kara & lee story, and while i know you probably won't ever get around to act 3, i think you did a great job!
spinningleaves chapter 12 . 8/11/2009
Love it! This is such an amazing look at a different and interesting background that could've laid such different groundwork. I loved their moments together in the sim, and the way you showed that they are attracted to each other for a variety of reasons that aren't purely physical. Excellent!
arielmoondance chapter 12 . 6/4/2009
One of the shippers on skiffy pimped this fic and I cant believe I had not discovered it sooner. How utterly wonderful. I really like the Lee and Kara you present because of how right it turns out you were especially with Lee wanting out of the fleet. Well done!
ds888 chapter 12 . 6/3/2009
I just read this for the first time and loved it. Thank you!
Rageful Jewel chapter 12 . 4/23/2009
That was great. I know that it been a couple of years since the last update (and I know the reason why through LJ) but I really hope that you finish this story (and "Eris and Aurora) some day.

Of course, if you left Contravention that way it is now, one could consider it complete since you did at least complete 2 of the Acts. (I also say this because I have been a part of some fandoms where the endings have been left up to the viewer to decide. So it wouldn't be too hard to use that concept in regards to your story.)

However, I am curious about one thing, how did Kara & company make it off the Bell? After all, Lee was right in his assessment that she should have been dead. (Not that I want that to happen, bad enough finding out the truth about Kara after watching the series finale.)

Anyway, just to reiterate, I loved the story and hope that one day it will be completed.
Soft Light chapter 1 . 9/24/2008
This is delicious.
Maggie Moony chapter 1 . 8/11/2008
Yay, good story.
SweetMiyu chapter 12 . 7/28/2007
this is the BEST kara/lee i have ever read. Their interaction is simple amazing.
BlackRaven chapter 12 . 4/30/2007
great story! really great! i don't usually like the "before the end of the worlds" stories that invlove Kara and Lee and leave out all the stuff with Zak (mainly because I see the story as so much a part of the character of Kara that I just can't picture her without it) But I just loved this one! you did a really good job capturing both of them them and creating a believable scenrio for their meetings and affair...

Great job!

Hope there's more in the future!
cherylad chapter 12 . 4/7/2007
I'm so loving this story! Okay, so it is totally AU .. but the depth of the emotion between the characters is amazing!

So.. *ahem* not to complain since I'm a new reader, but my calendar says Easter. Any chance for that Act 3?

Thanks!
fallingfromelysium chapter 12 . 1/31/2007
Oh my goodness! I cannot express how much I love this story. Love, love, love it!

Part one, with Kara and Lee’s one-night stand, was enthralling. You were sucked up into it just like they did, not having a clue why it felt that way but liking it. And then when they figure out they’re both military, and the coffee and tag-returning scene, it was perfectly plausible and real without being boring. I was constantly entertained, waiting for who would do what next in this new and awkward situation.

Then part two where they couldn’t get each other out of their minds even months later was awesome! I loved their impromptu date, sim run, and going back to Kara’s place. It flowed and you couldn’t wait to see where it would go, or when he’d leave. And then he stayed the night and it was amazing. I totally felt for them the next morning, dealing with emotions they’d never expected in an equally unexpected situation. And the way you slipped Zak into the story was very well done. He hadn’t gotten in the way of Kara and Lee (no offence to Zak) but he still played a part in their lives, however big or small it was. His life meant something and made an impact in your story, which we don’t see often when he’s not there, and it was a very nice touch.

Then the worlds ended, and again it was amazing. You’re take on the decimation of the colonies kept the story fresh and gave us a new point of view. The reunion was perfect- no big gestures and they still had cylons to kill, but the emotions were still there. Very in character. I can’t wait for the next chapter, and subsequently the third part. I’m curious as to whether you will follow the rest of the story line of the first season, or branch off on your own. I would ask outright, but I don’t want to know until I read it.

I hope the third part is coming along nicely, easily, and that your muse is being cooperative. I have really enjoyed reading your fic, and look forward to finishing it. Thank you for writing it!
51 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »