Reviews for Milestone
Jillian AK chapter 1 . 3/30/2011
Dear Pat,

I understand what you were trying to do here, but to me, I kept getting this sense that The Club has a feeling of entitlement (not the prettiest personal trait). Also, the way everyone looks up to them feels less like admiration and esteem and more like celebrity-psuedo-worship.

This story is just not hitting the right emotional notes for me. I realize I am the only one of your reviewers to have felt this way, but I felt I had to say something. I read and loved 'Mermaid,' 'Dinner', 'Sandstorm' and 'Soloman' and I know you are capable of better.

Oh... those were written years later. Heh. Well, it's always gratifying to see improvement. Keep it up.
Affff chapter 1 . 5/12/2009
that was nice. ... i dont' really have an adjective in mind, but i hope you understand my meaning... i liked it so much that i teread it twice before making this review
soaked velvet starlight chapter 1 . 1/18/2009
Good story here. I am very interested in stories about the early days before and just after Kirk gets the Enterprise, lost in that gap just prior to Where No Man Has Gone Before.

BTW, this is purely a comment on layout, but it is very difficult to read some of your stories with longer paragraphs because they are single spaced, and the lines are all crammed together. Sometimes I have to highlight the lines to be able to keep my place. So if you could go back and edit them to be double-spaced, it would be a huge help.
n9voc chapter 1 . 10/14/2008

An excellent insight into the character of James T. Kirk, one of the greatest captains of the Constitution Class starships who ever lived!

'nuff said
CheetahLiv chapter 1 . 9/9/2007
Wow, I had never thought of Kirk's situation quite that way before. This was a really great story. Thanks for posting it!
sci-fi.geekazoid chapter 1 . 9/14/2006
It was great, BUT the Enterprise is Constitution Class NOT Constellation Class, it was Picard's first Command the USS Stargazer that was Constellation Class
ObsessedRomantic chapter 1 . 8/7/2006
Very good. Very good indeed, This here is a true to the spirit Fan Fiction about, not just the original Star Trek, but also the Concept of exploration and froteir courage itself. Veryy nice indeed.
Schematization chapter 1 . 7/22/2006
Wow! A story with just Kirk as the whole center of it! And the 'Enterprise' of course. Again Wow! Can you tell Kirk is my favorite?

And writing it in first person, very impressive indeed! Tough enough to do it with characters we come up with ourselves, even if we have them in our heads for years. But managing first person so beautifully, of a character that is so universally known and looked upon in so many different way by so many different people? Just wonderful!

One has this feeling that you were sitting there in his cabin somehow hearing the thoughts running through his mind as he contemplated his sudden new life and responsibility. I think you also brought that into it as well. You gave us that sudden, jubilant moment of finding out that you are a member of 'The Club', but you also expressed the fact that Kirk realized there was more to it than just the whole idea of 'Hey I'm a Captain, Look at me, ain't I good lookin?' But the idea that he knew that everyone from the lowest to the highest were expecting certain things from him now that he didn't have to be concerned with before. The new responsibilities and the changes it would bring to his life. Just a great story and wonderful glimpse of the mind of the best Star Fleet officer that ever came down the pike!
Tharin chapter 1 . 7/22/2006
A really interesting idea, and well written, too.
trecebo chapter 1 . 7/21/2006
Cool. That was so very Kirk. It fit him to a T. Can't see Picard doing that as much, although, by his time, there were a jillion ships to have passed before... :P
elecktrum chapter 1 . 7/21/2006
Yet more brilliance flowing from your pen. I am in love with this story. It rings so very true and I actually got a chill at the list of Starships - beautiful names for beautiful ships.
lucidscreamer chapter 1 . 7/21/2006