Reviews for One Piece: Inside the 4kids Universe!
SKULLTREXHEAD chapter 8 . 11/6/2011
I LIKJE THE STORY VERR FUNNY! 4kids one pice was wierd BUT ODEX DUB WAS EVEN WORSE! ITS AN OBSCURE dub by a Singapore studio AND IT WOULD AND SHOULD STAY THAT WAY! Apirintly the translations are accurate BUT THE VOICES ARE WORSER THAN THE ONES 4KIDS MADE! HERE ITS WHAT TV TROPPLES HASTO SAY ABOUT Odex.

"You think the 4Kids dub of One Piece is bad? Just watch the Odex English dub for Singaporean markets. The script is actually MORE accurate than the FUNimation dub, but ended up worse than the 4Kids dub. How did this happen? Plain and simple: the voice acting. Luffy's actor sounded like some stoned surfer dude, the recording quality sounded worse than a fandub, the cast had only a few actors on board (no pun intended) that voiced multiple characters and kept randomly changing as the series went on. Poor Nami went through THREE voice actors in the space of only 104 episodes. Thank god the mess only lasted those 104 episodes before broadcast was canceled."

SO YEAH 4KIDS IS BAD BUT ODEX IS WORSER! Pluse 4kids made som shows I like but ya thats nbot importint right nowe GOOD STORY!
NomSujet chapter 6 . 7/16/2011
LOL at the violet 4Kids ($KIDS) beating-the-crap-outta-them scenes! )
NomSujet chapter 5 . 7/16/2011
I laughed my head off (which is pretty hard to do un-noticed at 6 in the morning) at the Care Bears. Keep up the good work! I have never watched the dubbed ver. of OP, and frankly, I don't want to. I love what you're doing!

-NS
Meeve chapter 3 . 5/31/2009
strangely enough in the new FUNimation version of one piece, Luffy's voice actor is a girl with a sore throat.
Rubber Blossom chapter 5 . 7/15/2007
I like it a lot, but I do have one complaint: the "cutting through a moving train" was done in the Water 7/Enies Lobby arc, but the lines at the beginning of the story made it sound like the Straw Hats had just left Arabasta! Nevertheless, this story never fails to cheer me up on a gloomy day!
AoKitsune and AkaOokami chapter 8 . 5/15/2007
Gah..please...update...*goes into One Piece: Inside the 4kids Universe! withdrawel* O.o
Buddhahobo chapter 7 . 2/16/2007
Actually, I change my mind. There is nothing good about the One Piece series other then making sure that 4kids can't use any more anime shows.
Buddhahobo chapter 5 . 2/16/2007
Anime- A world without black people.
Buddhahobo chapter 4 . 2/16/2007
While I agree with most of the things here, could you let up on the voice actors? I actually like some of them...

Also, are you going to do anything about the "American Kids don't read!" comment 4Kids made?
Ryo-kun17 chapter 1 . 12/23/2006
hey i love this story, if you need help with what other carp the 4kids jerk did to one piece then e-mail me, i be happy to help :)
Solo Loco Ellingson-Rose chapter 8 . 12/11/2006
GAH! Sorry it took me so long to review! That was pretty good, though I should point out that in the dub, they call it the Great Blue.

Yes, at first I did watch the dub *dies* But that was before I knew the wonder of the original, so don't kill me. *dies again*

PS. I actually DID count. The word crap was used 52 times in that flash back. _'
Akseel chapter 3 . 12/11/2006
Hmm, interesting, though I'd prefer some more description. I'm not usually a description fan, but still, a bit more would be nice.

Apart from that, if you want info about the changes between the dub and the sub, there's a website that lists them, with a lot a details. I don't have the link here, but it's at the bottom of the One Piece wikipedia page (if you can't find it, tell me and I'll send it to you). Good luck with your story.
xX-Honey-Xx chapter 1 . 12/4/2006
Haha gotta hate the 4kids version! hehe
MalkyTop chapter 8 . 11/28/2006
Your fic is funny. But if you really need help with 4Kids stupid edits, then I know a comparison guide to One Piece...

opguide.

They once shoved 4 episodes in one...I don't know how, but they did it. Anyways, 4Kids sucks balls. Make fun of them more. You're adding some extra funny stuff though.
Pajaro Negro chapter 3 . 11/22/2006
"Don’t move or else I’ll hammer him flatter than the shape of the earth!"

Best joke! Ahahaha.