Reviews for Finding Peace of Mind
sheppardlover928 chapter 1 . 5/24/2013
How have I not read this labor of love before! I type this with tears flowing freely...beautifully written, but oh, so very heart-wrenching. As a Sheppard fan, I never wanted to see the man weak and suffering...even in the horrible st torture/pain, he is always stoic and strong...but this story shows his vulnerable side...the very human side...in all it's saddest glory. Thank goodness for Ronon, who saw what John needed to get is mojo back!
Irene34 chapter 1 . 11/6/2012
Fantastic and also heart breaking.
fairyqueenie chapter 1 . 7/18/2011
Fantastic story, great writing.

Fairy x
Aguirre chapter 1 . 8/13/2010
Oh what, only 36 reviews? No way! This piece is so complex and you pulled it off so beautifully. John's depression was so sensitively conveyed, the experience was so real and touching, his anxiety so vivid there were moments when my eyes went wet (I'm not usually the crying sort, but certain parts of his experience I really connected with), and I didn't realize the impact it had on me until the scene was through. It's so effective because the emotion isn't overdone at all, there's a feeling of realism to everything and you pace it out nice and patient. I love how you went through each of John's friends and their different ways of trying to help, you captured them all just perfectly. Never stop writing, always a pleasure to read ;)
Potterworm chapter 1 . 6/26/2009
Fantastic story. Great job.
KM chapter 1 . 1/24/2009
I really enjoyed this. It was all believable tothe characters and you write friendship very well. Best story I've read in a while. Keep writing
Dugleik chapter 1 . 8/31/2008
I can't believe I haven't found this fic before now! But, then again it was posted when I was still obsessed with csi ny.

Anyway brilliant story, made me almost vry at a point.
Space1Traveler chapter 1 . 7/1/2008
All of your "hard writing" was well worth it. This was a lovely fic in more ways than one. I not only enjoyed the whumpage, but because I am going through a terrible replay of depression, I have also taken a few tibbits to heart. They are as follows:

"Life doesn't put itself on pause for the sake of the sick."

(Which means I need to finish my degree because it ain't gonna finnish itself.)

"What happened doesn't matter, what happens happened was your enemies tried to kill you. What happens is that your heart keeps on beating, you keep on breathing, and they fail. They fail every time you draw a breath and each time your heart pumps your blood through your body. They fail every second that you're alive, and that's how you defy them – by living. So they can't hurt you.”

(I have had lots of failures and made some bad choices but that is the past, the present is I'm still alive, I'm living and all my longing for friends and happiness is in my future, but I have to put aside my fears and keep living.)

"John's mind gradually registered what Ronon seemed to be saying. “ I'm alive and they can't take that away, is that it?”

“You won't let them.”

"John finally did chuckle a breathy, rather wheezy laugh. “I'm alive and they can't take that away.”

(Trying to get a handle on this, my life is not a fan fic, so this part is hard to do. But it is doable.)

Inexpensive therapy, CAN'T SHOOT AT THAT! Thanks for sharing this whumpilicious fic with me. You rock!
Shaharazod chapter 1 . 1/9/2008
It is not very often one reads a story, and sees oneself. I did. Thank you. Smile.
Obsessed Pam chapter 1 . 9/16/2007
An absolutely fantastic read and never too long, never ever too long.

I loved the way Ronon dealt with Shep's fears and eased his torment. Wonderfully written.
blcw chapter 1 . 5/11/2007
great story, ronon was definatly the best in helping him out by using his own experiences to get john to realise, and how he explain that no matter how many times 'they' do get him they will always fail to break him because that who john is. i just loved it. and that everyone else was trying to help to they just didnt know how. really love it, ur a great writer.
Sepik chapter 1 . 9/24/2006
That was interesting. Very well written.
Mandy chapter 1 . 8/29/2006
Have you by any chance read Artemis Fowl?

“We'll listen if you need to do more talking, even if that talk is about leprechauns trying to invade our thoughts and how we all need to wear tin foil hats to be safe.”

lol that was great.

I find reading these kind of stories tricky cause personally it's hard to swollow John mentally breaking but you did amazingly well with it. I liked how it was Ronon who could bring peace of mind to John because that felt right and in character. I get frustrated with Kate the skrink cause I always end up seeing her as the bad guy for some reason, probably has to do with how I think someone like John would need to deal with something like that and how a shrink just seems like totally wrong way to fix things. I also would like to say thank you for not dragging it out severly. Yes it was long but from other stories like this that I've read it wasn't painfully long. I didn't roll my eyes once during this story which is a big accomplishment for you, lol.

I really like your writing style. It goes down smooth and because of that I'll be keeping up to date with your stories.

Thanks again.

-Mandy
JoyBean chapter 1 . 8/24/2006
Another great story you've written! I thought you conveyed Shepperd's mental confusion very well - he seemed so lost and alone in his pain. I always look forward to your stories, and am never disapointed.
reen212000 chapter 1 . 8/23/2006
How on Earth did I miss this little gem of a story? I just now found it and had to read it. Lovely, lovely. Such wonderful characterization!