Reviews for Ethics, Duty, and Other Unspeakable Things
lapaxlove chapter 1 . 9/27/2013
I appreciate your reply, and even if you don't that's fine too, there're be too much to reply.
Yet another interesting chapter of Vincent and the Turks. I've always wondered how the situation were when he went about rescuing Tseng and Elena, and I think you wrote this really well. (I also usually watch the Japanese version, guess i just like the voice actors more in that version)
Galacticwolf chapter 1 . 5/20/2012
Love the story. I always enjoy stories where the turks find out Vincent was a turk.
blueravenchick chapter 1 . 12/26/2007
Good Story! I really enjoyed reading it.
robertmarilyn chapter 1 . 12/16/2007
I like to read stories where TurkVincent shows up in ExTurkVincent. Because so many stories show ExTurkVincent in such a way that it is impossible to imagine him ever having been a Turk (other than he can shoot really well).

And Turks were BAD to the core and have a hardness about them that was bound to still be somewhere in Vincent, even after all the bad things at the mansion happened to him.

Good job and write more of this :-)

mar
Ithilien chapter 1 . 5/10/2007
I know what you wrote is entirely possible but after he sides with Avalanche i just don't see him doing that.

but come to think about it, with his past, Sephiroth, Hojo and Luci it doesn't surprise me.

i just couldn't stop reading and if that was a longer story i'd be hooked!

Keep writing!

from Vivi
Verdot chapter 1 . 5/6/2007
Alright, so I might have squeaked a little when you mentioned Veld. Because he's my favorite Turk of all time. Only good thing that came out of Before Crisis, in my opinion. Silly, as it was only a line, but I'm a nerd like that.

“I don’t want your thanks,” Vincent responded coldly. “What you’ve done is inexcusably stupid and reckless, dragging up that abomination from the planet again.”

Oh thank god, Vincent talking like his has sense in an AC story. Actually, he seemed to make a lot of sense in AC, and I was quite proud of most of his lines.

I think I'm most happy with the fact that you also see him as having been the type of Turk that actually WAS a Turk. Lately I've been seeing too many "poor misguided Vinny-poo got dragged into it against his will" tripe.

A man with the type of battle stance he has was clearly the type of quiet arrogant that backed it up with the fact he would shoot you. Then again, this is just my opinion.

But I always like new/old Turk... interactions like that. Very nice.

~Verdot
Dragon of Dispair chapter 1 . 4/21/2007
it's okay for you to have ignored that the turks wore blue in the game and black in the movie. everyone else seems to-including square. in the dirge of cerberus training mission (to get the player used to the controls) which takes place with vincint as a turk, and all the flashbacks of vincint's past, he's wearing a black suit.

i've always thought of vincint as an angsty badass. he's fun.

i love how it's by process of elimination that he decides to save tseng and elena. not the best hero attitute, but definatly a thoguth process i could see going on in vincent's head. besides, if i wanted to read stuff about people who think like "heroes" i'd be reading barret fics. and vincent not thinking about why too much-also in character.

i like how you portrayed tseng as well. so many fics have him as someone who is very cold and in control of himself-which is how you see him in the game. but usually when he's not in control of the situation, authors have him either completely break down or keep him the same. niether of which is very realistic sometimes. you found a good balance.

and something about the way he and vincint interact here is funny-inexpicably because none of the content is funny, but still. maybe vincint and tseng are too alike-only vincents a better badass, of coarse.

kadaj, loz and yazoo aren't nearly as creepy as vincent valentine. and they try too hard.

i'm sure tseng doesn't get it when vincent says the men who are supposed to be dead should form a club-and i laugh every time i read it. like i said before, inexplicably funny.

wouldn't veld have been vincent's contemprary, or partner, like rude and reno are?

i had wondered where vincent got his info on geostigma in the movie. it makes senses that he would have gotten it from tseng and elena, but guess that doesn't occur to people (it didn't to me, untill i read this). this is one of the very few ac fics that take place during the movie that doesn't mess up the movie timeline. and a lot of the others are character introspections. very nice fic. i sent the story id to a friend of mind who also reads ffvii fanfiction. i think he'll like it too.
blaaaaank chapter 1 . 4/4/2007
Always wondered exactly what happened when Vincent rescued Tseng and Elena. Nice ideas, and enjoyable reading, thanks!
Unseen Watcher chapter 1 . 3/10/2007
YES! There's too few stories (that I know of) where the Turks interact with Vincent or even seem to know who he was. I loved the interaction and look into their clique.
everwhite chapter 1 . 12/1/2006
I haven't read such an amazing ff7 one-shot in soso long, so thank you for this!

Realistic, utterly believable and just wow. Also explains vincent's little conversation with cloud (which I really didn't pay much attention to since I was staring at vincent the whole time).

Loved that last line... and the title fits perfectly. :D
Aldalena chapter 1 . 10/15/2006
People should write more stories like this one; the conversation that Tseng had with Vincent in this story of your's is very interesting. I like the way that some of Vincent's old memories from his days as a Turk sort of resurface, and the way he hints at being a Turk once.

So, Tseng now knows that Vincent is an ex-Turk? Do you think he would have told Elena?
Summer Sniper chapter 1 . 9/14/2006
Dear god. WHY don't more people explore the relationship between the old turk and the new turks? It's ALWAYS been a topic I enjoy looking into, but there just seem to be so few others out there that feel the same way. That said, I LOVE this fic, and I really wish there were more to it. Thank you for writing.
Redwood chapter 1 . 8/23/2006
Good; very in character- I :heart: the turks! XD
Xandrei chapter 1 . 8/20/2006
I have read many a Vincent fic, but I have to say... your characterization of him is completely spot on. He's so believeable in this and I love it
Tiari Clovis chapter 1 . 8/9/2006
Very good. I liked the tension between Vincent and Tseng, you conveyed that very well.