Reviews for Silent Discoveries
Mysticalflame chapter 1 . 8/19/2007
Aw, man! I was really interested in seeing where this story would go-a silent Ranma? I mean, the possibilities are incredible! You almost have to wonder if he would turn into something like Cloud Strife from FF VII, if he kept it up for a long period of time. Anyway, I do hope you kick out another chapter-it's pretty interesting!
Pamisha the Infernal chapter 1 . 5/12/2007
O.O
Stick-Man Smith chapter 1 . 11/17/2006
From what I understand it is highly dishonorable to charge a guest in your home for... well, pretty much anything. Thus Ranma shouldn't feel honor bound to repay the debt Nabiki racked up against him. At least, not to the point where he could accept a bet like this. Personally, I think it would be much easier to have him either tricked into a challenge or made magically, temporarily mute.

The only outcome I can see from the current plotline is:

Ranma, inevitably, loses the bet and is found out by his mother in the proccess. He is then forced to commit seppuku to avoid the dishonor of being Nabiki's girly slave enforcer... or something.

The remaining Saotomes would then be arrested for conspiricy to commit murder, child abuse, child abandonment, and (in Genma's case) about 42 thousand counts of petty theft and burglary. This quickly leads to Nabiki's arrest for blackmail and racketeering. The power vaccuum left in the wake of her arrest kickstarts a bitter turf war between the yakuza, the triads, and Nabiki's own, now leaderless cadre of elite high school girls. Once the few remaining high powered martial artist get involved, the authorities only viable response is to evacuate Nerima and carpet bomb the ward into oblivion.

Then again, I could be missing something.

Anyway, good luck with the rest of the story.
Thunderstorm101 chapter 1 . 10/21/2006
Oh, Nabiki is pure evil!

If Nabiki wins: look out world. If Ranma wins: things go on as normal, and he'll probably rack up another debt.

Oofta.

Update?
maniac chapter 1 . 8/4/2006
Ranma is doomed.
silly willy chapter 1 . 7/26/2006
Interesting concept. I look forward to see what Ranma discovers during his 'vow of silence'
Fredryck chapter 1 . 7/26/2006
Wow, seems cool! ;D I would like to see some Ranma/Nabiki, too. It would be fun! Added to favorites, anyway.
Upgrade chapter 1 . 7/23/2006
Been done, but not too often.

Should be interesting.
pop chapter 1 . 7/23/2006
I just watched Batman Begin. I am thinking that Batman need the Joker much as Ranma needs Nabiki. One defines the other in a dance/play of oposites. What oposes me helps me define myself. I will be interested in how trying to be silent defines Ranma. Interesting idea. Thanks
sadfru chapter 1 . 7/23/2006
Now this is going to be fun :)
Howard Russell chapter 1 . 7/23/2006
I figure the point of making Ranma silent would be so he couldn't say stupid things and piss off Akane all the time. Then they might be able to get along.
keichan2 chapter 1 . 7/23/2006
I wonder who called Nodoka... Ryoga or, most probably, Nabiki?

About the 750,0 Yen, given the speed at of Nabiki's prices' inflation... (in less than half an hour, the hot water went from 2,500Y to 5,0Y to 10,0Y (hot water IS expensive, in Japan, it seems...)) in a year, he should have a tab far above 1,0,0Y, without counting interests...

Now, I wonder why Nabiki tried this bet... I don't think that it is only to have Ranma as a money collector... I remember a fic where something similar was done, and the silence was to force Ranma to THINK things, and when the silence thing was finished, the hope was for Ranma to think BEFORE speaking (it was done either by Nabiki or Kasumi (don't remember...) for him to be more to her liking as a potential husband)
Bobboky chapter 1 . 7/22/2006
no fair, you can't add things to deals after they are sealed! ranma should know this as he is so into honor and stuff, even if he doesn't figure it out immediately he would as soon as he got a minute to think

good story though
DerektheRogue chapter 1 . 7/22/2006
VERY interesting...

You have my attention.

On a sidenote , how about Ranma-Nabiki for the pairing?

If she is doing this to get him to improve and he does so...

It could easily go that way.

Derek The Rogue
gort420 chapter 1 . 7/22/2006
you can't amend the rules of a bet after the terms have been agreed as the no wrtiten comunication part.