Reviews for A High Compliment Indeed
Rosa Cotton chapter 1 . 11/14/2013
Well done!
Koraki chapter 1 . 2/12/2013
This story never fails to bring joy to my heart and a ridiculously huge grin to my face. It's hilarious, to boot. I love it. Wonderful work!
Blue-Starlight92 chapter 1 . 5/6/2009
Ha ha! Cute! I liked it, very sweet.
I Keep Goldfish In My Bra chapter 1 . 9/18/2008
I just love the idea of teeny Elizabeth and a piratical Norrington:D:D Much LOL-age

Peace out,

Sharley
AHealingRenaissance chapter 1 . 1/30/2008
High praise indeed :D
Rickmanlover24601 chapter 1 . 9/5/2007
That has got to be one of the most enjoyable fics I've read. You have such a refreshing writing style and I loved every minute of your fic.

These were some of my fav lines:

Elizabeth was almost positive that he'd been attacked by a water snake and was unware of it. (I haven't actually laughed out loud for a long time but this did it for me. Your Elizabeth is so adorabley 12 and I love everything she thinks and says. Especially that line. He he) (Oh yes, and you've got a typo for 'unaware' ;) )

The governor's face gre paler by the phrase. (Typo for 'grew')

but very much his hat. (Loved the way you phrased it. :D I think Norry takes pride in his hat just as much as with his wig later on. :D)

With that hat on lopsided and his hair all scraggly like that, he looked just like some sort of... (*cough sex god cough* Or... not. He he. But I bet he looks adorable like that. :D Sexy and piratey yet still in Naval uniform. Lovely image!)

That was not something a lieutenant of the Royal Navy hoped to be told. (Ha ha. No indeed.)

Dear me- I'm glad Elizabeth saved his life. *shivers at the thought of what might have been*

I wonder who those pirates shot- perhaps one of James' parents? :'(

I found it amusing that James was wondering how exactly he'd phrase the question- can I have your permission to arrest and kill your daughter? He he. I also liked how you tied in the future when James thinks about marriage with Elizabeth.

I also like how you wrote James as interested in being a pirate himself- a refreshing take on his character and still very believable.

I adore how you tied in the title with the last line. I wasn't expecting that and had actually forgotten about the title so the reminder was very welcome.

A wonderful story indeed and I enjoyed it so much. Thank you for sharing with us. Again, I love your writing style and I will be back to read more from you. :D
Charmed Ravenclaw chapter 1 . 7/7/2007
Ha ha, that was cute.
JellyBellys chapter 1 . 6/24/2007
Oh this was absolutely WONDERFUL. I love Norrington/Elizabeth when she's a precocious whelp, and he's here exasparated guardian. I loved the touch about the rope being a snake, and Elizabeth pouncing on it.

I'm off to read your other stories!
ohfuckthis chapter 1 . 6/9/2007
aw...poor norrie, he really loved her -sigh-
Random Authoress chapter 1 . 6/9/2007
Cuteness! I like the foreshadowing and irony. The mental image of the two of them completely soaked is quite amusing as well. Nicely done!
BrienneofThrace chapter 1 . 6/8/2007
Aw! That was so sweet. You have an excellent grasp of what Norrie was probably like at that age and the interactions between him and young Elizabeth were really well done. :-) Excellent work.
Sera dy Relandrant chapter 1 . 6/5/2007
Lovely. Norrington-littleLiz interaction is so sweet. The tone is very proper but it has a dash of fun in it.
Elfie Dusk chapter 1 . 6/4/2007
Really interesting and nice even the most original i've ever luck with Chapter 2!
enchantedsleeper chapter 1 . 10/29/2006
Wow, this was really, really good! And funny too! :D I loved it!
Agent047 chapter 1 . 8/15/2006
That is so awesome. I like Elizabeth's thought that Norrington would make a good pirate.