Reviews for A Lack of Criminality
Shae Vizla chapter 1 . 8/26/2014
Hum, it's change the little the perspective of the first story but it's also show Sakura never learn to see underneath the underneath. She lacks of empathy and take to much the things to face value. Kakashi was her teacher for months, she should know he never said that he thinks or feels directly, and as a medic nin and a kunoichi she should be able to learn the others signs like the fact he lose weight and identify the signs of depression.

And in all the story, she think about herself, her pain and loneliness, never about the others. She only thought about Naruto because he cheered her (not that she was grateful about this when he was here) and his promise about Sasuke. And all she can think, even if she try to forget the painful truths, is her obsession for Sasuke.
John Smith chapter 1 . 7/5/2014
AWWWWW Sakura can be extremely oblivious at times, so I can definitely see this happening... I just wish she'd look at both sides of things! I can also imagine her growing away from this perspective and starting to perhaps embrace the idea that while he isn't the most expressive, there's gotta be more to him than ennui. Right? RIGHT SAKURA? In any case, you portrayed her thoughts really well, and she's so good at pushing aside her emotions (until they kind of explode) that it is very in-character.
HazySunray chapter 1 . 2/24/2013
I love this because it explains your other stories very well. When I read about her neglect of Kakashi, all I could think was 'what?when?where?' because I never really payed any attention to their bond in the anime. I just thought Kakashi favored Sasuke over the two of them and neglected both of them.

This is beautiful because we can tell that they both have their own thoughts and feelings on the matter, and because they bonded in such a difficult manner, they find it impossible to tell each-other what they're really feeling. Not only is Sakura the girl of the team and therefore must have had a harder time bonding with Kakashi, but she always used to feel like she was worth less than the two boys who had brute strength on their side while she didn't back then. All she had was her brain, and she flaunted it any time she could so at least people would respect her for it.

What I love the most about this piece is how you portray Sakura's look on their team and how mentally strong she needs to keep herself to refrain from breaking apart. For, though Kakashi is going through the same thing, there is no reason for her to keep him strong and going. There is no reason for her to try and keep him content, because he never bothered to ask her how she was feeling when she was young and really needed him. (for all we know, at least)

So thank you for writing both pieces! And with such skill!
andysanime chapter 1 . 4/24/2012
Really good job on this story and I just want to smack some sense into Sakura and make her tell how she feels to Kakashi. Assuming she knows everything, tchhhhhhh .
GSYH chapter 1 . 5/26/2011
...I really don't think that Sakura is shallow though, at all, or entirely at least.

I will always remember how in the very beginning, Sakura cold shouldered Naruto, and then when Sasuke cold shouldered her, she wondered if that was how Naruto felt, and resolved to be nicer to him.

If anything, rather than being stuck being the little girl, she has grown past that, Part II Sakura had gone tooo far in the other direction, I guess that happens when she's tutored right under the Hokage, and dealing with the responsibility of the sick and the dying...I think Sakura had reached a point where she ends up identifying with much older people rather than people her own age, hence her extreme empathy with Chiyo-sama.

Sasuke is still the child avenger, and Naruto is still childish AND hopeful (I wouldn't say that hope itself is childish), ...and while I wouldn't say that it's Sakura's jadedness that has made her mature, she now has it in spades, she curbs her own passions now, she made the decision to kill Sasuke herself and not tell Naruto about it after all. That's kunoichi. I hope she doesn't end up making the same mistakes as Chiyo and Tsunade, *sigh*
yotada chapter 1 . 4/19/2011
Sakura was wonderfully in character. It's interesting to see things from her point of view, though I still fell bad for kakashi
Lady Knight Keladry chapter 1 . 7/21/2009
That makes me kind of sad. Comparing this with Gai's POV, I wish she would tell how she feels about everything. Then maybe he wouldn't be breaking like Gai says. I like how you show more sides than one with these oneshots.
X59 chapter 1 . 1/3/2009
Huh...

Pretty deep.
GoldenRat chapter 1 . 10/18/2008
Sakura's POV is such a great contrast to Gai's. I knew she wasn't breaking Kakashi on purpose...
BlackDove-alchemist chapter 1 . 7/4/2008
oh wow, okay. Now I feel kinda bad about hating herso much...not enough to forgive her for what she's done to your kakashi, but a little. Again, well written and moving. Must read the kakashi one now.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/12/2007
Wanted to see the end of the story, so therefore I am reading and reviewing like a good little chicken XD Your review reply was very much appreciated, as I always feel I'm too harsh or something... So thanks n.n

In reply to your review reply first (because I enjoy a good debate): "I will admit that Gai is a little...extreme. Of course, his character's extreme, so I don't think it's so unreasonable that he'd think like that."

Extream perhaps in a different, weirdo way...? -shrug-

Now from your story I actually have some good things to say XD After my rather depressing review last time... The line: "After all, Haruno Sakura knows that no one can act as apathetic as Hatake Kakashi does if they truly felt the loss of the team." I particually love. If you look into Kakashi's perspective and reasons for being that way... Then it seems he is hideing behind the mask of indifference, because he can't possibly NOT care about the one team he believed in enough to pass his test XD As well as that, it shows how childish Sakura still is... In the sence that she can't see why kakashi would protect himself by pretending indifference, maybe even to himself. ...I think too much into things, I think lol

I like the characterisation of Sakura overall in this fanfic. It shows her as being young, but not totally ignorant ("Haruno Sakura was glad to find her calling, and she was glad to find a teacher who suited her.")

...No, I'm not a Sakura fan, actually, but I am a sucker for good characterisation, in any character -shrug- Anyway, I liked Sakura's view point.

-ajah (hurray for long reviews!)
Newtype Omega chapter 1 . 7/23/2006
Okay, here for the second round of reviewing!

From what you've written this time around, I get the impression that Sakura is similar to Kakashi here in that she herself is broken and bleeding still from the breakup of Team 7. It makes me wonder if Gai ever had to suffer from a lack of attention from HIS former Jonin sensei to the degree Sakura did. Lee may have had little talent outside of Taijutsu, but Gai doted on him consistently, so that would make up for it in some small manner.

Also, as I said in my previous review, because Sakura herself is inexperienced and almost as broken (it would seem) as Kakashi, then she lacks the insight to look 'underneath the underneath' when it comes to Kakashi. He obviously was scared out of his mind that she'd never forgive him for failing them and here she is thinking that the man can't possibly care about the status of their team because of his apathy on the matter or what SEEMED like apathy to her.

Also previously stated, Sakura's lack of noticing the lost weight and lack of Icha Icha SHOULD have been a red flag, since she knew of his reading obsession. It's a mark against her as a medic that she missed it, so she's partly to blame because of her inexperience with reading Kakashi to the point where she can see that they're both hurting something fierce, but she's so focused on her training with Tsunade that she misses it completely.

Another good fic, not as poignant as the first, but still very nice considering the character you featured. I'm certain MUCH controversy will be had on this subject, as we never really saw a lot of Kakashi and Sakura's behavior during the timeskip, so a lot of this is open to interpretation in several different ways.

Off to number three!
Xinthos chapter 1 . 7/22/2006
Well, that certianly explains why she doesnt talk to him... At least it's a good reason, though it's too bad she's misunderstanding him... I like the way you write these, the characters are done very well. Keep up the good work.