Reviews for Letters from Naruto
GhostLurkingInTheShadows chapter 1 . 11/7/2014
that was ... beautiful :')
Shae Vizla chapter 1 . 8/26/2014
Good story, we finally see Kakashi's side.

Kakashi had always had problem with self-loathing and difficulties to let go his mistakes. He seems to have worked harder with Sasuke between he saw him as the weak link, not the prodigy (and in comparaison of Kakashi himself, Sasuke was not a prodigy). Naruto was always the stronger one, the one mentally strong and Kakashi tried his best to help Sasuke because he know the boy was weak and lacked of connections with others. But in the end Sasuke refused to change, to let go his hate and didn't want to have links with others. He proved he was weak by letting himself being seduced by the promise of a monster.

Naruto had his faith, but he didn't see the boy also needed attention and recognition, and didn't know he could ask for help because nobody ever helped him. But he didn't destroy his relationship with his blond student like he feared because for all his faults, Naruto is a good boy who understand more than he let see and know Kakashi did his best and care for his three genins. And once he care for someone and consider them as his precious person, he never forget them. Iruka also failed as a teacher for Naruto and became only precious for him after his battle against Mizuki. And Naruto never forget him, even after having others teachers so why would he forget Kakashi who perhaps didn't train him enought but give him precious lessons about life and teamwork.

He perhaps didn't train enough Sakura and Naruto but the truth is that Sakura hadn't wanted to be trained. She think because she was the top kunoichi in graduation, it was enough and she didn't want to sweat and was only concerned by her looks and her crush. She only have her wake up call in the forest and after Sasuke's departure. She could have search her place, asked for more training but for her it was enough to see Sasuke train and she just dreamed he would protect her if she was in danger.

Naruto's letters was Kakashi's live vest during his absence and the only thing that keep him going. He try to salvage their relationship, to become a friend if he couldn't be a sensei but didn't realize or dared hope that Naruto would always see him as his sensei. I think he was really happy when Team 7 was remade and when he trained Naruto's Wind affinity, helping him to finish her father's Rasengan.
John Smith chapter 1 . 7/5/2014
Again, awesome job here! I really am hurting for the poor guy. I like to think that Naruto keeps and cherishes those letters as well. I'm a firm headcanon believer that Naruto's scant possessions include mementos of the kindnesses of others, if even just simple things. The way he's at times cherished Iruka's hitai-ate more than his safety shows this. Your fic is so sweet because you have really portrayed something so very true. Naruto WAS looking for a family, and how could Kakashi not feel as though he failed him. Add the whole Minato's son layer to the mix and you just know he'd feel even more guilty about it all. Nice job again! :)
Yuu3 chapter 1 . 8/28/2013
Gosh...not good...I mean, the story is awesome and wonderful and and so much more but...inhales...exhales...I'm crying. A lot. Not just watery eyes but salty water dripping down...
ChronoMitsurugi chapter 1 . 6/13/2012
I am beginning to wonder if you can read my mind for your insight on team 7 is exactly what I see.

Great 3 one shots. Hope you turn them into a multichapter fic.
andysanime chapter 1 . 4/24/2012
Really good job and poor Kakashi T.T.
skepsis66 chapter 1 . 8/15/2011
Oh Kakashi. So dysfunctional and socially awkward most times, but trying so hard... The letters that he treasures so much made me want to cry a little. He's really such a lonely person. Loved reading this!
yotada chapter 1 . 4/19/2011
This was beautifully written .

I absolutely adore Kakashi. You portrayed him perfectly
Lady Knight Keladry chapter 1 . 7/21/2009
I'm happy for him that he's found at least some form of peace. I can see where he's coming from. *smiles*
al3n3a chapter 1 . 7/16/2009
Kakashi's POV is awesome too. I really like the characterizations in your 'A Lack of Criminality' series. Thanks for sharing! )
X59 chapter 1 . 1/3/2009
Go Kakashi.

This trilogy of yours is just gold.
Buni-San chapter 1 . 12/29/2008
(Is crying now.)

You're amazing, really, these/this story(ies) are truly, tragically, beautiful.

I loved the semi-happy ending. You wrapped it/them up quite nicely.

...You've also solidified my distaste for Sakura when it comes to her treatment of Kakashi. I honestly think that the way you've described her interaction with Kakashi over time-skip is what happened, and it bugs the hell out of me that someone like HER is as important to the characters in Naruto that I love, as much as she is.

Granted, I know that this is an almost normal way to react towards Kakashi for the stuff that happened, but really now, her character in the anime/manga was too shrewd to begin with. She made no attempt to try and find out why he was the way he was, and selfishly hates him for what little bit of himself he is able to show.

The bitch.

. You did really good.

Thanks so much for writing this, its helped a lot on getting me out of my writer's block.

~Buni-san
GoldenRat chapter 1 . 10/18/2008
And now I'm depressed.
BlackDove-alchemist chapter 1 . 7/4/2008
Okay. This is the best one so far, though I'm not sure if its because it so awesome or because its so awesome and I like kakashi more than the other two.
Ibozun chapter 1 . 5/26/2008
Interesting series of one-shot. It would be interesting to continue from there. Great work.