Reviews for Residue
Galeana chapter 1 . 7/4
Wow. This took my breath away. You've captured Ginny's grief, sorrow, and guilt perfectly. Of course she's got scars – she's eleven years old, and has had a monster controlling her for almost a year. Of course she's got complex feelings about her first year, too – she's young but she's been forced to grow up far too soon. This fic is a really wonderful depiction of the aftermath of violence.

Minor quibble: they Weasleys are British, so temperature would be measured in Celsius, not Fahrenheit ("a hundred degrees" would be close to 40*C) :)

Thanks for the great read!
Anastasia Tremaine chapter 1 . 1/8
That was hauntingly beautiful, so many authors gloss over the mental torture Ginny received during the year. She's fine, she's strong, she's not at all affected. I love how in your piece she's still strong but she isn't fine and she doesn't know if she will be. It was hard to read but it was brilliant. I loved the idea of Harry reassuring Ginny it wasn't her fault (no one reassured him after he killed Quirrel) and calling her a friend.
PrettyGirl07 chapter 1 . 7/10/2015
One of the best Ginny-centric one shots very realistic loved it.
TimTamDaFish chapter 1 . 5/26/2014
My sister and I had a conversation about this a while ago. She said JKRs lack of... I don't know a good word for it... was because HPis a childrens book. I argued that if Diana Wynne Jones can have child abuse and a character based on somebody who commited suicide in a kids book Jkr could too (Not nessecarily child abuse and suicide thouugh) but then we agreed that nobody was a good a writer as DWJ (because seriously, who makes you want the bad girl to come to her senses and becom good even when she is a horrible, scheming, manipulative person who would be quit happy to kill her brother to get wht she wants because you love said brother enough just to want him happy, with a caring sister) and JKR might not have been able to pull it off. Anyway, This is beautiful. Your writing is pure poetry- Poor poor Ginny.
-TimTamDaFsh
SimplyyJules chapter 1 . 2/18/2014
I love this! and the letter at the end is great idea
Lalaith Yamainu chapter 1 . 10/11/2013
I like this. People don't give enough credit to how absolutely traumatized Ginny must have been after CoS. I really like the way you handled it.
yinyangren chapter 1 . 1/25/2013
This is gorgeous. Thank you so much for writing these forgotten snapshots.
sora kazega chapter 1 . 10/9/2012
A lovely piece which covers one of JK's biggest plot holes in the whole series. Seriously, she's just been possessed by Voldemort and she's ok enough to laugh in a compartment at the end of the school year? Yeah huge gaping hole that, but you fixed that nicely.
Enna Moon chapter 1 . 6/6/2011
I love this as much as anything else I've just read of yours.

I wish you would write more Ginny.
Perpetually High chapter 1 . 6/3/2011
Saw a lot of rape victim imagery in this fic...

Well written though.

Cheers!
DELETED113213213 chapter 1 . 4/2/2011
Sad but sweet at the end.
verity candor chapter 1 . 1/16/2011
Aw - that's very sweet. You do a very nice job of capturing her trauma - because yes, it had to have been terrible to go through that. The little interactions you show with her family are great, and the letter at the end is the clincher - "Your friend, Harry" - how sweet! I liked this a lot.
Le Lynx des Neiges chapter 1 . 10/24/2010
It's a very interesting point of view of how Ginny reacted, and your writing is wonderful. I like that you made Harry write her, 'cause I've always thought that it really was something he'd do, and was very surprised that Rowling didn't mention anything like this in the books.
Linnorria chapter 1 . 9/12/2010
You captured the feelings wonderfully.

Only one thing bothered me, although you mentioned "Pig" in here, Pig won't be Ron's owl until the next summer... y'know, to replace Scabbers? Hermes is Percy's owl and he would fit in nicely there instead.
Quinndolynn chapter 1 . 5/16/2010
I think that is a quite Harry thing to do, and this story as whole is so perceptive about the characters. Ginny wondering if she'll eve be able to confide in someone without risking the loss of her soul? That works on so many levels it's frightening. Oh Ginny...

I may have to go read a whole bunch of your stories now...