Reviews for The Life and Times
hungrywhovianpotterhead chapter 1 . 4/21/2013
oh I loved it and I really would like to see the Doctor's perspective on this
Whirlwind421 chapter 1 . 11/9/2008
Wow, this was good. For some reason to think Rose's little sister got to run away with the Doctor is heartbreaking. So sad. Great story.
Pipsky chapter 1 . 3/15/2008
sad and uplifting at the same time. Awesome.
Star-of-Chaos chapter 1 . 10/25/2007
That was a wonderful story :-)
Isis the Sphinx chapter 1 . 7/22/2007
*cries* Oh, this was so sweet! Not beacuse it was the one of many Rose is sad and depressed about the Doctor, or a off the assembly line Reunion fic. No, this was a beautiful fic about a friend mourning over another gone friend, and healing, and getting on with her life.

You did an absolutely beautiful job on this, and I enjoyed reading it. Keep writing!
Elizabeth Rose Eve Defoe chapter 1 . 1/28/2007
A unique and enthralling read. It was very well written and your talent as a writer is obvious. I look forward to reading more of your stories. Keep up the good work!
templremus1990 chapter 1 . 1/12/2007
For want of a better word, fantastic! Lovely to see something that isn't all about ending or death, but is about life and coping and carrying on. Loved it.
C.Halliwell chapter 1 . 12/16/2006
wow that was so amazing! really different to all the other post doomsday fanfic's but your's was truely lovely
HarryWhoFanatic chapter 1 . 11/11/2006
*smiles* Though i'm more of a doctor/rose reunion fic person, I have to give this story it's nod of recognition. I still cling to a desperate impossible hope for the two of them...*shrugs* I need the illusion. But I think i'll be coming back and revisiting this story often, for truly it is what all of us need to remember. The plaque was beautiful and I couldn't hardly agree more. This is exactly what Rose probably did with her life. Perhaps only in death they can be reunited then. I loved this.

~Ade
SimpleSerenity chapter 1 . 10/27/2006
Oh be still my heart, you included Adam! As people may have guessed from my own DW fan fic - I have a fond attachment to him.

I rarely read Doctor Who fan fic, and even more rarely do I review. I haven't read ANY of the bad post-Doomsday stories you mentioned, the Rose-can't-go-on ones, the Rose-is-pregnant ones etc. because I wanted to veer well away from that kind of thing. I've only read ones like this - where Rose soldiers on. It was nice to read about the intrepid explorer Rose that I myself imagine her as.
castrovalva9 chapter 1 . 8/1/2006
I like the tone you set for this story and the fact that while Rose isn't going to forget her time with the Doctor, she doesn't let it overshadow her life. I'm glad you pointed it out to me. I don't mind authors mentioning their own stories if they have a good reason to think I might want to read them, and in this case I definitely did. It's a relief to find a post-DD fic that treats Rose in a sensible, reasonable manner. There are so few of them out there as compared to all the suicide/sappy reunion/pregnancy/whatever badfics.
Mei1105 chapter 1 . 8/1/2006
Aww Emma! I'm reading it again and I'm crying again! You write stuff like this well. Its so powerfully emotive.

Keep it up!

Mei (*)
hazel chapter 1 . 7/24/2006
hey, just to say i loved your story and thought it was really good - its a story that actually sticks to the bbc plot! brilliant! x
Cacunai chapter 1 . 7/23/2006
"And before you all groan about yet another story in which Rose is pregnant with the Doctors baby, or has given up on life and decides to commit suicide, or even another reunion fic…stop! Because this is none of them."

Bless you.

Anyway, about the fic: I'm really not sure what to say. It was a wonderful and IC representation of Rose's afterlife, as it were, that I very much enjoyed reading. It showed how her character would be strong enough to move on and keep living, as I'm sure it would be. Bravo on a beautiful fic.
New Who Review chapter 1 . 7/23/2006
You have an interesting premise here, and it was executed well, but your spelling and grammar STILL need help, and saying in your bio that you know that, yest refuse to do anything to make it better is no excuse. Keep working on that, too. It WILL make you a better writer.