Reviews for The Costs of Royalty
kolachess chapter 4 . 9/7/2010
that was too sweet. I think I read this before, or read part of it. But Idk if I reviewed...

sniff...there is a SEVERE lackage of chaptered-Kazuki nonCrack stories...
Manabishi chapter 4 . 6/18/2009
The other day I just remembered this story, and particularly the scene where Saizou tells Kazuki about people calling him "The Prince of Battle Terror"; It has been maybe two years since a read it in a weird page like y yaoi or something like that xDD and I didn't even know about Kazuki' stigma because I didn't have the manga back then; so, even if I couldn't completely understand all that was written in the only two chapters that were there, I remember thiking "Holy s* this is SO good O_O". SO *this is long o-o...* the other day I looked for this story, re read those two chapters *my favorites* and found the last here. AND I realized that you were the one that had writing other stories that also love(L).

I really was "no Kauzki T_T!"

And my heart hurt because I'm not fan of KazukixGinji, and there are things like his love for Raitei or that he left Juubei and Sakura that I don't really like; but you showed his story in a way that made him seem human and not the o-so-perfect-and-beautiful-kazuki that I always read and imagine; and I loved that he remembered when Toshiki said "You are my leader. You. No one else. Kazuki of the Strings should bow to no one.". I could feel how realization hit him and how he realized that his friends had felt the same way as he about Ginji.

I don't know if in all this long and maybe senseless review it is clear that this is one of my favorites stories and that I completely love it and your way of showing the events, making them seem so... continuous? I don't believe that's the right word, but I hope you get my point : D

I really hope you write something, anything more for Get Backers, because you are a splendid writer

Take care and sorry for making a extremely long review xDD

Bye(*)

-I can't believe this has only 14 reviews
darkdranzer chapter 4 . 10/16/2008
omg that was so nicely written! good job! XD

this is definatly one of the best fics i ever read! loved it so much, it almsot made me cry in the sad parts T_T
Kataru chapter 4 . 6/11/2008
(though I only just mostly read the last chapter with ban)

XD I knew he'll meet Ban soon and make a gradually make an impression. I thought It is just starting but, their moments before the ending is sweet. At least he get to know the real Ban. X

love bankazu
JenEvan chapter 4 . 5/24/2008
This is one of the most detailed story-telling,IMO,of all the GetBackers fic I've read in here on Kazuki.I like the background stories surrounding the various characters that revolved around Kazuki,and the drama;esp the Kazuki-Juubei dynamics,and the Ginji-Kazu idol/fan/love complication; quite similar to the Kazuki-Uryuu r/ship.

Overall,IMO,nicely done and interesting.
Akemi-sensei chapter 4 . 2/27/2008
This is the most beautiful Get Backers fic I have yet to read and one of the most beautiful introspection pieces. How you were able to write about events that have already taken place in a new and original way is amazing. You weave all the events together with such emotion and fluidity that I found myself bewitched from beginning to end.

There are so many that I could choose from, but one of the lines that really stuck out in my head was the conversation between Kazuki and Shido in which Shido says when talking about the Beltline:

"And you made it out alive? Impressive."

To which Kazuki responds:

"Well, I obviously didn't make it out dead."

THAT'S the subtlety that makes this story so wonderful. So much can be said in that one statement. That's the mark of a TRUE writer is being able to convey so much without having to shove the idea down the readers throat.

You fill in all the holes to Kazuki and make his character so much more *human* in a way. While watching and even reading the series, Kazuki (to me anyway) is one of the most unattainable characters. He has that aura to him of nobility and gentleness (and also his hidden rage) that makes him attractive but not approachable/accessible. Your story has brought him down to a human level. I *feel* for Kazuki, his pains and motivations and loves and heartaches and joys. You make all these emotions tangible.

So while I could continue to point to lines and exalt this story to the high heavens for pages upon pages, I'll stop here by saying that your story touched me.

I hope you decide to continue with this piece...or if not then maybe you will again be inspired to someday write more for this genre (particularly this character) as you did such a flawless job.

Best wishes and happy writings!
funvince chapter 4 . 12/16/2007
A very interesting outlook on how Kazuki's life went up until what is pretty much the start of the series. Your Kazuki is a more selfish and sadder individual than how I think of him, but he is still definitely a recognizable Kazuki. I really like the parallel you made between him and Toshiki near the end. It was a full circle kind of moment.
ladyasile chapter 4 . 9/23/2007
such a sweet and lovable ending! the story was so amazing to read. thanks for writing it! i'm glad you finished it already!

:-)
ladyasile chapter 3 . 9/23/2007
oh, this one was by far the saddest of all the chapters! but i still love this fic! _
ladyasile chapter 2 . 9/23/2007
awesome and cool! now on to the next one. oh, and i really love how accurate you make them! :-)
ladyasile chapter 1 . 9/23/2007
oh, it was so good! i have to read the rest now. it is so cute, though. :-)
signourney chapter 2 . 8/29/2006
This is gorgeous -draws heart on screen- I love how you wrote the relationships and they are nicely in character. I especially loved the first chapter .

There certainly is not enough fictions about the characters pasts in volts etc.

x Whisper
narrizan chapter 2 . 8/10/2006
I am a such a slacker. I love your work but I never stop to say!

But this...is breathtaking. I don't really know all of Getbackers, just that I like what I have seen. I do not have access to the manga. So cannon or not, I adore it all the more because you could easily slip these into the pages of the story.

Your prose is beautiful and I suppose I could gush some more, but I guess, you may not need it! Atropos' Knife did it so well, so that would be a hard act to follow.

But yes I like the 'cameo' of (who I assume to be, and you may correct me if I am wrong) Paul and his cohorts.

Also you have been in hopital? You have my best regards and warmest wishes. Hope it was not serious, and the interns did not practice on you too much! Having been in OR a total of 3 times myself, I just know how hospital stays can suck.

once again thank you for sharing such wonderful writing.

zan
Atropos' Knife chapter 2 . 7/29/2006
Oh my. This is simply... gorgeous. These two long, riveting chapters are as close an accurate portrait of Kazuki and Fuuga's early days as can be. It's obvious how much inspired thought you put into this fic and it shows wonderfully in the perfect plot pacing and loving details. Bravo!

There's so much for me to gush about, I don't think I have the space and time to note each one. However, my favorites would have to be the scenes with Juubei and Kazuki peeking in on Sakura (boys will STILL be boys after all ;)); the 'family's' first hard days in Mugenjou; Kazuki's first meeting with Ginji (you described the passionate yet quiet attraction through body language alone very well); and Toshiki's farewell (SO in character with it's brevity and striking poignance all without the melodramatics).

I also adored how you snuck in a reference to the mysterious 2nd GetBackers. I can easily imagine that to have actually happened, seeing as how they also directed Natsumi to Ban & Ginji when she was trying to find them.

BTW, are Kazuki's parents actually named Ryusuke and Kaede in canon? I don't believe I had caught that anywhere in my manga. If they are, thanks for sharing that little bit of info. :D

Anyway, I can't tell you enough how much I await the next two chapters. This was such a treat to have read after being away from the fandom for more than a month, for a moment I forgot how oppresively hot the weather was hehe.

As for your email queries, I shall reply to that in a bit. And allow me to apologize profusely for its somewhat lateness. Hope you haven't delayed writing the next chapter because of that, since you've really been doing a mighty fine job regardless. Heck, if I didn't know any better, I could've sworn the stuff you wrote was canon. It's that good. :)

Excellent job! I eagery anticipate what you have next. Hope to read- and hear - more from you soon. ) Till then.

Cheers!

P.S. I also hope everything at the hospital wasn't too serious and everything turned out okay. My best regards to the both of you. :)
The Seventh L chapter 1 . 7/25/2006
Great story! I've always wanted to read a fic about Kazuki and Juubei pre-Getbackers, and this is it! :) Keep it up, you're doing great!