Reviews for A rush of blood
tiny-pixie chapter 2 . 10/4/2007
this cant be the end right? Great story so far..update soon pleasee!
jfg207 chapter 1 . 1/22/2007
Valerie needs to go! Logan needs to realize or Max needs to tell Logan the truth that she saw him kissing Valerie before she got on her bike. She was hurt! And that what cause the accident or was the guy that she had been checking out...

Logan needs to confront his feeling for Max and let her know that that wasn't a kiss of love for Valerie somehow..

Jeanette

P.S. Please make this happen...
jfg207 chapter 2 . 1/7/2007
Well, what happens? Does Logan find out why Max wasn't watching where she was going?
angelstryst chapter 2 . 9/23/2006
Really hope you plan to continue! I loved how Logan's near kiss with Val wasn't even a second thought when Bling told him about Max.

Feeling the angst and loving it so far!
appaloosagrl chapter 2 . 7/30/2006
I didn't think the chapter was to rushed. I was actually glad that the scene with Logan and Val didn't last any long. I am totally into ML relationship and I was happy that it didn't take so long for Logan to go see Max. Please update soon. I can't wait to see what happens next.
narnia365 chapter 2 . 7/30/2006
oh my god this is so good. can't wait for the update
Kyre chapter 2 . 7/28/2006
Funny how Logan's feelings for Val came to a record-scratching halt when he found out Max had been hurt. Wait until he finds out why she had been distracted! That pang of guilt is going to grow.

-You announced it very loudly in the middle of the restaurant, as I recall. Right before you tried to club to club a waiter with the bottle.

-I seem to remember a certain idiot walking into a glass door at a family reunion, getting a pretty bad concussion, and telling his uncle Jonas exactly what he thought of him.

-I don’t think I’ve met this idiot.

LOL

I would have expected the paragraph detailing Logan's dislike of hospitals to include at least a passing mention of his own experience in one. After all, it hasn't been so long since he had his own medical nightmare - that has to be coloring his impression of the place. It's an interesting mirror effect, Logan seeing Max lie weakly in a hospital bed, since the opposite had happened just a few months prior. Some acknowledgement of this, either in Logan's thoughts or in just the narration, would have been nice.

I enjoyed his puzzlement at her attitude toward him. The man can be so oblivious at times, which is one reason he's so fun to watch. (Of course, there are all the drool-inducing reasons...)

"It never ceased to amaze him how off hand she could be about breaking into someone’s house, taking out several guards, having a quick futile look around, then making a break for it with several vicious Alsatians hot on her heels."

Sounds like Logan's been fantasizing about what his personal cat burglar does on her B&E runs. :) As an American, Logan would refer to those dogs as German shepherds. That's my only quibble here - I like watching Logan react to Max.

"She glared at him, with that familiar ‘like you could have stopped me’ look glinting in her eyes."

Hee! I can just imagine the look on her face.

Keep going. :)
Chimera452Bast chapter 2 . 7/28/2006
I'm glad to see that you poster chapter 2. I liked it. Mad as hell about the Logan and Val thing; That's just wrong, all around. I got to the end and was like..."That's it?" So i'm waiting to see what comes next. Hopefully OC hands out one of her famous 'Smack Downs' Good job, and post soon.
Mari83 chapter 2 . 7/28/2006
I liked the first chapter but this is even better.

I’m still not thrilled by Logan flirting with Val, but his behaviour and the motives you provide fit very much what is only hinted at in the episode. (And it reminds me very much of his flirt with Daphne in Art Attack) I can’t remember seeing this before and it definitely is interesting and well-done. Especially telling of Logan’s contradictious feelings were his bad consciousness towards Max when he told Bling to go and his thoughts about Val when hearing about Max’s injury.

Great description of injured Max and the uncertainty this causes in Logan. By his reaction I assume that Max injury still is dangerous but not life-threatening anymore?

The part of the plot with the bad guy interested in science and genetics sounds very promising too. (Did I get it right that Max accident was him trying to kill her? Or was this something else I missed?)

There seems to be nothing wrong with the last sentence to me, but then I can’t really judge this.

Looking forward to more (and hope this is your usual writing speed;-)!
shywr1ter chapter 2 . 7/28/2006
First, apologies for not getting around to reviewing the first chapter. It was well done, with a dramatic hook (er, make that metal pole) at the end. And I hope you don't mind me saying that made me a bit nervous; I was afraid this was going to go wide & wacky, given the pole being fairly ...hm. What? Colorful? (I guess given the Manticore constitution, it would have to be BIG to take Max out for a while, wouldn't it? ;})

But this Chapter is just fantastic, and the opening scene with Valerie is superb. It is *so* plausible given the episode, especially Bling's comment that maybe Logan wanted to pretend a little, and the assumption that *something* in Valerie drew him enough to lead him to marriage. The scene is warm and and witty and intimate, *comfortable,* just as Bling described, and *very* visual, sensual. (and properly disturbing, given how Logan is succumbing to his Ex while we know Max is in trouble!) I just loved it.

And I really like how you got into Logan's head all through the chapter, by the way. Also great was the end, when Max said she was "just tired," with his reaction to that. Ah!

I'm hooked too. Thanks so much for posting.
annie200 chapter 2 . 7/28/2006
OK, I'm hooked. Can't wait for the next chapter.
appaloosagrl chapter 1 . 7/25/2006
I loved the chapter. You gotta keep going with this story, I know it will keep gettin better and better. So please update soon.
Kyre chapter 1 . 7/24/2006
Ooh, new writer! Welcome to the world of DA fic. :)

When I read this, I wanted to exclaim, "But Logan and Val never kissed during the ep!" Then I realized it's possible they did so after Max told him she'd explore other options, and that Val lied to her husband later. So it's all good.

I like the mood you convey here - Max's thoughts plaguing her as she tries to literally leave them behind, speeding away. Funny how thoughts have a way of catching up. So does reality, as Max found out the hard way.

I'm looking forward to seeing where you take this. :)
BlueAngel137 chapter 1 . 7/24/2006
Great start ... I definitely like your charaterizations and your smart-ass Max (her thoughts and comments create a perfect season-1-feel).

I'm already impressed by your writing style (after reading one not too long chapter from you!) ... and loved the way you begin and end the chapter with the main conclusion that life sucks.

I'm curious to see where you're taking this. Looking forward to your next update. Thanks.
Mari83 chapter 1 . 7/24/2006
Interesting beginning!

Liked Max’s thoughts on life in general, her childhood… and Logan. (I hope there will be a very, very _good_ explanation for Logan kissing Valerie!)

The dialogue with Cindy made me grin.

Really dramatic ending, so I’m looking forward to where this will be going!