Reviews for By His Side
Athletiger chapter 1 . 2/18
So, this is my second time reading this story, and I can't believe that I missed the fact the first time around that you actually gave us a hint to who the narrator was in the beginning of the story. Well done.
berry5tz chapter 1 . 2/17
This was truly a tender story. The friendship and bond that Naruto and Sasuke share would truly be this strong. I think Tsunade near the end had given up on Naruto surviving. But I really couldn't understand why she couldn't let Sasuke remain with Naruto. When he was so adamant about it. She is no Sasuke fan but still.

I take it that Naruto was injured. When he was taking care of Sasuke. While hiding from the sound ninja? they must have had a running fight at some point with sound as they tried to escape.

Nice job!
Actual.Loki chapter 1 . 12/28/2014
Holy shit my blood froze at the end I can't believe it was Sasuke the entire time! I have to reread it now! That entire fic was pure beauty! I cried a few times...
Miniturtle272 chapter 1 . 10/25/2014
Am I the only one who didn't suspect that sasuke is the one in coma ;
The story was amazing
keikopanda102 chapter 1 . 8/4/2014
I appreciate what you did with this... I usually don't say this (think its an annoyingly demanding thing to say to an author) but I could read a sequel to this. or even a quick little something from narutos pov when he's in the coma and when he's deciding to come out. for sasuke. Anyway thanks for the read!
TNM-Writer chapter 1 . 8/20/2013
I was so confused as to who was who in this till the end. Garg.
kage kitsune no yami chapter 1 . 6/26/2013
I'm so glad i figured out who it was early on. What you did was really clever. How you kept switching from possibility to possibility, with the only the little details in the interactions between our main character and specific characters, was brilliant. Although, I did doubt my choices on several occasions throughout this story. Still, very well done.
Kita Me chapter 1 . 5/25/2013
Sobs. Too beautiful for words. I love how intense their friendship is...and how Sasuke truly feels and how Sakura has come to understand what lingers between him and and his best friend. I love the fact that this story could be exploring the underpinnings of a more romantic type of love, but if it is really only just about a platonic relationship, I'd find this sweet and mellow and natural-a very special, protective, genuine bond between two people who were always meant to end up friends. I can actually visualize Sasuke acting the way he does here and what I admire most about him is the vulnerability in his heart and yet the firmness with which he said: "And when he wakes up, I'll be here. I'll be the first thing he sees. So he knows he's not alone." It's because of Naruto that Sasuke is able to summon such strength. It's because of him that Sasuke is able to admit what he needs and voice how he feels. Sasuke understands Naruto's fears because he harbors the same; he knows how hard it is to be alone, to be isolated and to be overcome with sadness. But that is not why he fights to stay by Naruto's side. He does because he cares. And Naruto's smile makes the world appear a little more kinder than it is. ;)
IcyVanilla chapter 1 . 5/16/2013
I love it. This is really good. You can feel Sasuke's desperation and feelings that it makes you cry. Though at first I was focusing on who was narrating so I don't really feel the emotions. Have to re-read it when in the end its Sasuke's the one who was narrating. Though at first I was imagining Sasuke's the one narrating, in the middle of the story it change to Naruto b'cos of the words "dragging his ass back to Konoha" then apparently its Sasuke.

A very emotional fic. Good Job! You've manage to make me cry. If only you could make a sequel of what happen after Naruto woke up...
lorriesherbet chapter 1 . 2/2/2013
I loved it. The end.
illogicalstarz chapter 1 . 8/10/2012
I was constantly switching between who I thought was narrating. At first it was naruto, then when he scowled at kakashi i knew it was Sasuke but I slowly switched back to naruto until the end. When i discovered it was defiantly Sasuke i had to go back and re-read to get the full effect which was so deep. Seeing Sasuke actually show some emotion over Naruto moved me, not to tears though because i was concentrating on trying to figure out who was narrating more then letting the emotional impact hit me. Great work though. :)
Top Hats and Other Items chapter 1 . 8/1/2012
Wow.
Sorcha chapter 1 . 5/20/2012
I.. am crying so hard right now. I think this is one of the greatest Naruto x Sasuke story out there. The depth of their bond, not yet lovers but so much more than friends and Sasuke's surprising devotion to Naruto is heartbreaking. I absolutely love how you characterized Sakura. And when Sasuke was reduced to killing his pride and saying, "please", I cried all over again. I'll be re-reading this many more times in the future. Thank you for this!
Varia no Shizue chapter 1 . 4/10/2012
I thought it was Sasuke throughout the whole story, then near the end I thought it was Naruto...turned out to be Sasuke.
phanpymanaphy chapter 1 . 3/17/2012
This piece was wonderful to read.

I have no words to express my respect for you. Thank you for writing such a nice piece and sharing it! Kudos to you (: