Reviews for Pain In My Heart
ThatOneGuy chapter 1 . 1/5
The f**k was that?! That was terribly angsty, to the 11th degree. It didn't even focus on believable angst. Not to mention it was completely out of character. It felt like it was just creating reasons to be angsty out of thin air, and then pushed it to the extremes. While pushing for self-pity works sometimes, this is too much that it's not enjoyable, artistic, or even good writing. It's just f**king angst without reason. What is it with people's obsession with angst, anyways? I was reading a Batman/Wonder Woman (don't judge, there's an entire website for it) fan fic that depicted Batman as extremely angsty to the point that he kind of just abandoned everyone, including Alfred, and his adopted kid (in title), convinced that he deserved to suffer and be alone. Which is out of character, because Batman isn't some stupid, immature teenager. He's f**king Batman, who knows that not even he can do his job alone. I feel like I had a point to this rant... Ah, that's right. Don't just write about angst and try and make it seem artistic! That's the point I'm trying to make. There's lots of things to write about from Ruin Explorers: Ihrie's curse, Ruguduroll's past, the f**k ton of lore hinted at throughout the short series (how many kings can f**k up in one OVA? They should have called it "A Million Different Ways Kings Can F**k Up"). In fact, a ship fic between Lyle and Ihrie would also be interesting if done right. Far more interesting than purposely creating non-existing angst from reasons that don't make sense. I know I'm just down right ranting now (and apologize), but I only say this for two reasons: 1) to help you to become a better writer, and 2) to try and make me forget the story I just read. So yeah, ignore this completely...
rc chapter 1 . 9/21/2006
Quite sad, but an interesting read. Not many Ruin Explorer fics being posted nowadays, so I'm glad you posted this one.
Jaws That Bite chapter 1 . 8/17/2006
Wow. That was beautiful. Completely heartwrenching. Favs!