Reviews for The Words Written at the Gate
Tatsumaki-sama chapter 1 . 1/10/2008
Beautiful! I love how you described the way Optimus speaks in such great detail. And I gotta love how Omega listens, how he falls in love with Optimus's words again and again.

/He sits. (They sit.) For a long, lingering hour, they watch as the day ends and night secures its place, the sun swallowed up by the jagged mouth of the mountain range. Then they talk. Or Prime talks. Rambles, even. Slowly, at first, like the wisp of smoke drawn out of the hot barrel of a gun. Then faster. Steady, like water. A river that flows deep and wide and uneven, where thought lingers to brush the safety of the shore. Prime talks about Cybertron. He talks about Earth. About missions, upcoming. About the future, uncertain. Prime talks about everything, nothing, something in particular./

I can't even begin to say how much I love this paragraph and all its wonderful imagery. This little bit really described Optimus perfectly. Great job!
Lady Razorsharp chapter 1 . 10/21/2006
I, too, love the sound of Prime's voice (thank you, Mr. Cullen). Omega is something else, isn't he? This is so beautiful, thinking of the two of them sitting there, big Omega and Prime sitting there, the words just pouring out because they've got to go SOMEWHERE and Omega is a thoughtful listener.

T.L. Arens chapter 1 . 8/3/2006
Wow . . . the tempo of your prose is very poetic. It's very difficult to write a story of pure narrative and you've done a wonderful job, not just with the pacing, but in keeping with the characters. I could *feel* each of the, and you have clearly shown how much of a burden Optimus Prime bears, but takes time out to visit a lonely giant. Great job!
WhiteWings88 chapter 1 . 7/24/2006
This is really beautiful. There really aren't that many stories on Omega Supreme and his thought pattern, but this prose captures him very well. Very well done.
Morncreek chapter 1 . 7/23/2006
This is beautiful prose. It is breath-taking in the wondrous analogies and phrases, and stunning in the understanding of the heart. It makes me fall in love with words, just as Omega Supreme loves words.

Again, what beautiful and touching prose. Thank you for sharing it.