Reviews for My Adventure
KrnYong chapter 8 . 1/14/2013
Aww I loved it! So cute and interesting and well-researched. I liked that you wrote it as if you were the translator, just like Tolkien. :)
CoolCat15 chapter 3 . 12/18/2012
This is amazing so far! They should make something to explain about Belladonna, she could be such an interesting character! I love the story so far!
shallowness chapter 8 . 2/7/2012
I really enjoyed reading about Belladonna's adventures. I loved her spirit!
Virodeil chapter 8 . 4/14/2009
Ahh! :O So the Elflings sailed to Valinor? By themselves? O_O Unthinkable! :-\ Where were their families? Why did Cirdan allow them to sail alone? Did he think that Ulmo would guide the two Elflings safely through the Sundering Sea and that Osse would not be so cranky as to make the sea go in a tumolt and tip the little boat upside down... or that Iunen would be able to restrain her spous in time?

Well, yea, admitedly, I am upset now. :-[ The ending was so abrupt and all. But the story was written well. :) I love Beladona and how you wrote the story.

By the way, why had Bungo been in Beladona's room when she came back? Hmm... *roll eyes* :) Hee...

Virodeil chapter 7 . 4/14/2009
Whoa! Was it Gandalf in the end? O_O

Speaking of light, though, I suppose goblin hate sunlight, so why did they roam around the lake midday - in spite of the capricious fog, that is?

Hmm. How could Beladona eat something when in the hall of statues? As far as I know and remember, she was drowned only with Bilbo the knife.

The layout of the castle intrigued me. Half underground and bordered directly by the lake, eh? And pray tell, how could there be a cave free of water - moderately - under a lake? :-\

Hah... The Elflings were captured... I wonder why? Their story would be... umm... interesting to hear. :-\

Yikes! Certainly, though, I don't want to hear the tale in which they fell prey to goblins.

9/10
Virodeil chapter 6 . 4/14/2009
Eh? The tale of Baran and Luthien? I didn't see any there... :foolish look: Please, would you point me to the place in the chapter where I can spot it?

My my... Two Elflings and a twinnage hobbit... :D No small chaos can be expected from them. And just look what they got here. It makes me wonder more about the rate of sanity the parents of two pointy-ears for allowing their precious younglings galivanting to the wild with an out-dated map and armed minimally...

Aww... Cliff hanger... I didn't encounter any before. Meh. Perhaps it's all authors's wont to creat at least a cliff hanger once in a while. :)

The boat of goblins you described sounded suspiciously like a small steam boat... Hmm. But it seemed that the boat was a bit broken here. ;D

I never thought lake Evendim could be that way. Even in the Lord of the Rings, it was described as beautiful by Aragorn. Here you described it as more than ugly. I love its comparison with Beladona's own innocent, simple experience, though.

Virodeil chapter 5 . 4/14/2009
Hahahahahaha! The ending - the last sentence, literally - was hilarious! Now, more than ever, I cannot believe that Beladona was a young adult! She really looked like in her twinage years, like Pippin - or perhaps even worse. Poor Rangers to be called bandits too... I wonder, though, where Beladona got such images about bandits. Her adventurous kin, perhaps?

Your 'Finrod tale' interested me very much. I never saw Finrod in that light before. :) Well, I can't say if I want to borrow the description too, but I promise you I'll seek your permission if I do. :)

Beladona's simple pride was pretty sweet and innocent. This is one of the reasons I love hobbit folk, and you portrayed it well. Kudos! (I especially love her saying that hobbits were little folk who kept large promises) If she had known that Argonui was the direct descendent of the northern king's line - the king Bela talked about with underlying respect in her stories... -

Virodeil chapter 4 . 4/14/2009
Hey! I didn't know that wargs could talk too! The warg here looked too much like a werewolf - the one that Finrod battled. Are you sure it was a warg and not a werewolf? :-\ Anyway... it's scary! *wince* Killing it knowing that it's unintelligent was okay, but knowing that it could talk and was clever was worse... I can understand Beladona here. But pray tell, how could the warg know that the Elflings and Bela wished to go to the sea?

Yuck! Acorn porridge! This was the first time I knew of it and already my stomach roiled with nausea! Pardon me if it offended you, but I was eating when I read it... :-[

One thing I forgot to say in previous review: Hah! Bilbo! So there Bela got the name for her dear son, eh? *snicker*

Hee... I love this story very much.

Umm... One more request, please? May I borrow the scene of the wolf trap? -

Virodeil chapter 3 . 4/14/2009
Ooh! You called this not interesting? I beg to differ! ;D To me, this one was even better than the previous chapter! LOL Now I found out too that somehow the Elves were truely 39 years old... Odd, though, that they traveled alone. The enemy was still present and had declared open war, anyway, so the road shouldn't be that safe from wherever the Elflings had come from.

Beladona only bought things for herself? I had thought she would buy for them all... Hmm... M... Golden coins with holly trees carved on them... O_O The sign of Hollin! Wow! Great! You managed to infuse the atmosphere unique to Middle Earth here! Well done! By the way... could I possibly borrow the immage of those coins for my own use with my stories? :-\

Virodeil chapter 2 . 4/14/2009
*snicker* I love the wording of your notes in the end. Apparently, you are a master of light-hearted tone of writing. ;D

Whoa! I thought Beladona could swim... Hmm. Was the event underwater true or just her lack-of-oxygent halusination? Don't tell me "We'd better leave it to the imagination," please... O_O

LOL The two Elves looked just like twins despite what they said about themselves! And, stating the fact, Elves from Mirkwood and Lorien usually have family ties in either realms, anyway. The names you chose sounded too close together to be separated into two totally different entities too. *snort* :)

The "third Elfhome," eh? Imladris? LOL Perhaps the 'yearly' council of Elrond?

Speaking of years, did the Elf mean literally 39 (his age) or 39 as compared to human standard? If he was only 39 in Elven standard, then I am quite surprised to find him travelling with an elleth who was the same age as him without guidance and guard from older Elves! O_O By the way, you kind of confused the colour of his hair here too; it should be either dark (like in the beginning) or blond (as in the later). :P

9/10
Virodeil chapter 1 . 4/14/2009
Wahaha! Written in a hobbitty style! Great! I love the simple, breezy but to-the-point tone of this chapter. I hope it will go through to the last chapter. :D

You took a point of view of one of the most interesting characters in Tolkien's world here. Beladona was hilarious and spirited! LOL If not for the age you repeated on and on, I would say she was still in her twinage years.

Hmm. So the Old Took approved of adventures, eh? Was it because of himself or Gandalf's influence, I wonder?

dancingkatz chapter 8 . 10/16/2006
This is quite one of the sweetest hobit-tales that I have ever read. It has gone on my favorites list and I've emailed all my hobbit-loving friends to come and read it. I do hope that you write more stories!
EvilReceptionistOfDoom chapter 8 . 9/26/2006
aw, so cute. :)

I much like this chapter. Especially this: "If memories were leaves, I’d tuck those away in my scrapbook..." That's good writing, very good. Belladonna is such a lively narrator, too, using words like "kerfuffle". Thanks for writing this.

I am curious, if Mirendil and Ethrendil are just kids, why are they going off to Valinor already? Just got sick of things early? I guess elves go at different ages, but I dunno. Yeah. Still, it's a good story and this chapter one of the better.

Do write more stories, m'dear. You have the talent.
EvilReceptionistOfDoom chapter 7 . 9/26/2006
I must admit I was confused at first because it wasn't clear that Belladonna had fallen into the lake from the end of the last chapter... (yes, I know she fell, but you didn't say into the lake, you know) yeah, okay, so maybe I'm just being slow, but nonetheless I was confused! Shut up!

Anyhow. Elsewise it's fine, good, lovely, etc. etc.

Oh, yeah. one more thing - if the elves saw Belladonna fall into the lake before they were captured, wouldn't they think she was dead and be more like, "You're alive!" instead of "Where have you been?" ? That's the only thing.

Yay! I'm glad you finished! One more chapter and I'll be out of your hair, I promise!
EvilReceptionistOfDoom chapter 6 . 9/2/2006
do orcs make yo momma jokes? i never knew XD