Reviews for Levicorpus
riverrat chapter 1 . 3/10
I think your beta reader is mistaken. That is exactly how I picture those two bullies. You are right on.
Vitzy chapter 1 . 7/11/2011
I love James and Sirius and do hate to admit it, they were As big bullies as malfoy and Dudley are! And you're right! How else would he have known about sev's spell? Unless he himself used it on someone and that how the marauders found out. Anyway, your James and Sirius weren't as cruel as some people portray them!
LycanDark chapter 1 . 11/4/2010
Of course they were that cruel! Sirius attempted voluntary manslaughter in their 6th year! Excellent work!
TEAMJACOB24519 chapter 1 . 10/29/2009
james and sirius wre that curl to severus. he didn;t do anything to them. they're just bullies. i love your story.
ALPS chapter 1 . 1/15/2009
This is a well-written story, its really good. :D technically, teenagers can be cruel, especially arrogant ones like James and Sirius so in a way, this fic was how i imagined them finding out about Snape's hexes. Though, even if James and Sirius are arrogant jerks, i still love em' :D
The Fake Apollo chapter 1 . 11/18/2007
Yes, they would be this cruel. I loved your fic!
And-In-This-Im-A-Rain-Cloud chapter 1 . 6/26/2007
Yeah agree with other reviews, i think you got their characters spot on judging from the pensive. I really like this. I thought it was well written.
zafaran chapter 1 . 3/27/2007
I disagree with your beta. This is just part of the same pattern of behavior that has already been shown in canon, and very much in pattern for harassers. My harassers in school did things like shove me down metal-and-concrete staircases and grabbed my head and swung me with a twist in an attempt to break my neck, so I don't find what James and Sirius do out of character. The behavior shown in this story matches the pattern of behavior established in OotP when Harry sees Severus's memory of what the Marauders did to him after the O.W.L.S. It's exactly the same stunt, just that post-O.W.L.S. was in better weather without destroying his class notes and books. Zafaran zafaran{at}fastmail{dot}fm
wingnutdawn chapter 1 . 2/6/2007
You have done a fine job in portraying how Snapes own spells got into the hands of his tormentors. The fact is they were school yard bullies, James Potter did after all nickname Snape 'Snivellus' which is a cruelty in itself.
Give Me Gin And Tonic chapter 1 . 11/7/2006
I really like this. It is not silly and full pointless charcters. All the characters seem right to me and their actions, spot on too. I agree that James and Sirius would have bullied Snape like this, i dont believe this fic to have exaggerated cruellty at all.
duj chapter 1 . 7/25/2006
Your beta-reader is fooled by their apparent charm. They are this cruel; the pensieve incident shows that, and the fact that twenty years after almost feeding Snape to a werewolf, Sirius's final word was still, "Serves him right!"

To my mind, the fact they used his own inventions (intended for pranking, not hurting; Sectumsempra is the exception, not the rule) to bully and publicly humiliate him makes them worse, not better, than if they'd just used a random hex. And if they'd had any sort of reasonable excuse, eg "He did it first", they'd have given it. All James could tell Lily was "It's more the fact of his existence," and all Sirius and Remus could tell Harry was "We were prats. Lots of people are at fifteen." (approximate quotes)

There are other ways they could have got hold of the curse though. Perhaps Snape had a false friend who told them (I've seen it suggested that it was Lily and that her betrayal was what made it his worst memory); perhaps his book fell out of his bag; perhaps James or another Marauder invisibly spied on him; perhaps someone interrogated him under hypnosis or truth-potion; etc, etc
Erin chapter 1 . 7/25/2006
I definately think they would have been that cruel. They probably could have been worse.
uncannyinstigator chapter 1 . 7/25/2006
Love it. James and Sirius seem in charactor to me. Thanks for sharing. You wrote about Severus really well. Good job.