Reviews for Cradle to Grave
Shelomit chapter 100 . 7/26/2013
And once again, he finds the hope he thought he had lost. Many congratulations on the completion of this admirable cycle, friend!
Shelomit chapter 90 . 7/26/2013
And now for round two of Kenobi vs. his values, in which he finds that the only way to keep from feeling anger is to feel nothing at all.

(Side note: "flesh curling from bone like a macabre blossoming" turned my stomach a little. That one phrase is enough to tell us that Obi-Wan has not wholly absolved himself, or delineated Anakin from Vader as clearly as he might wish.)
Shelomit chapter 89 . 7/26/2013
Again, extremely affecting. The Order tends to inspire (actively or implicitly) a kind of complacency through its pure blind faith in its values. Poor Obi-Wan has lived his whole life with a sense of utter rightness, in the belief that what he is doing is the correct, moral, beneficial thing to do. When all that rightness fails to save Qui-Gon, when he finds himself confronted with a vessel of the Dark and discovers anger in himself as well, he cannot help but be lost. He is no longer sure of his path, and the rightness and the wrongness become harder to distinguish.

And the greater tragedy is that this will all happen to him again, and be yet more terrible the second time 'round.
Shelomit chapter 67 . 7/26/2013
I have been enjoying reading through this series of drabbles, but this one in particular struck home. You have perfectly portrayed how the circumstances in which they are put force the Jedi to accept more and more wrongness into their lives. This is the secret to the destruction of the Order: a slow dehumanization, in which the Jedi themselves have no choice but to be complicit. Haunting.
Cirana chapter 100 . 2/18/2007
great fic, is 'the path and tha walker' a reference to the abhorsen trilogy?
Verity Kindle chapter 100 . 2/6/2007
Yeah! I didn't get the AU ones, but I really liked the ending!
Fialleril chapter 100 . 2/1/2007
You did it! :) And they're all wonderful. Have added this story to my faves, of course. You have a wonderful grasp of the complexities of character, both Obi-Wan's and the Jedi Order's. That's something you don't find too often, and it's quite refreshing. Thanks for sharing these!

Fialleril chapter 99 . 2/1/2007
"They are the freaking moral code of conduct and they’d cut anyone down who doesn’t pass their reckoning."

That about sums it up right there. And then they wonder where the Sith come from, and why it's so easy to fall...

Fialleril chapter 98 . 2/1/2007
:) Somehow, I don't think he knew he had it in him, either. Nice one.

Fialleril chapter 97 . 2/1/2007
Ouch. That was rather cold. But, sadly, also rather true. Well done.

Fialleril chapter 96 . 2/1/2007
Very nice. I like the note of irony in that last line. :)

Gandalf -Dumbledore -Obi-Wan chapter 100 . 2/1/2007
love this chapter. love it love it love it. but it's OVER. i can't beleive it! :'(

i shall now review every chapter of every story on your account.

or i will later because i have to get off the computer now... .

anyways. thank you for these drabbles. they're amazing.
Gandalf -Dumbledore -Obi-Wan chapter 99 . 2/1/2007
wow, he has a reputation.

but someone's underestimating Mace...

ZOMG second to last chapter! *cries*
Gandalf -Dumbledore -Obi-Wan chapter 98 . 2/1/2007
poor obi-wan... this nobleness is gonna come back to bite him... :(
Gandalf -Dumbledore -Obi-Wan chapter 97 . 2/1/2007
anakin dissing obi-wan? if it is... *glares at anakin*