Reviews for The Amulet of Stone
SirGriffenHawk chapter 16 . 6/14/2014
I don't know how much you know about Quiddich, but the keeper isn't allowed to catch the snitch! Only a seeker can catch the snitch and end a match!
00Agent7 chapter 3 . 9/16/2011
It bothers me that Harry hasn't even considered the possibility that its his other self from through the veil which is causing all of this... The timeline fits too perfectly. Also, it bothers me that Harry and Ginny still have unresolved trust issues that they aren't talking about. For instance, when Evelyn told Harry about rumors of Ginny being a good kisser, it sewed a seed of doubt. Then Ginny made it worse by letting something slip about fancying Draco when she was dunk and with her back burned. They never even breached that subject. Also, Ginny never seemed to talk to harry about what happened with Evelyn, or how Valencia seems to know harry. From her point of view, it must seem like he would know her too, and maybe something happened when he was away for the year... Like i said, they need to decide between being insecure and not...

But on a happier note, I am enjoying your story.
anonymous chapter 20 . 7/4/2010
""Harry," she replied with a soft sigh, "the last time something happened, nearly thirty wizd waste their time wiping students' memories andards were murdered with the Killing Curse."

...Huh. Thirty wizd, andards? Otherwise, mostly error-free. Your beta is amazing.
guy fawkes chapter 24 . 1/9/2010
I pretty much hate you... but I'll read the 3rd story before I decide for sure.
Guy Fawkes chapter 6 . 1/5/2010
I know this is 4 years too late, but maybe you check your reviews occasionally? No! I cannot forgive this chapter! I hate Justinian, I don't trust him and I want Harry to kill him!
Darkerfox chapter 23 . 7/7/2009
Even though you already finished the story for a very long time, I am thoroughly sick of hearing cryptic messages. To be honest I don't think it adds much value other than a poor attempt at mystery.

Don't get me wrong, I really do like this story and will probably continue to read this. Just leave out the riddles. Hints and half-answers are great for solving a puzzle. Riddles and confusing messages only lengthen the story. I like to call them fillers. I know this may be just your style of writing mysteries. However, I am not a fan. These cryptic messages do not give me a headache. I simply do not read them because they waste my time. I just keep reading until something significant happens. This is just the impatience I have. Please forgive me if I missed any subtlety in your work.

Thank you for writing such a well thought out story. If you're not a published writer, I will be slightly surprised. Anyway, keep writing. You'd make more people smarter simply because you write better than most people.

Cheers,

Chaosblades
Darkerfox chapter 18 . 7/6/2009
What the hell is wrong with Hermione? Honestly, she's a total bitch. Given what happened earlier in the story she should be more than a little angry with Harry, but how frightful she can be. I'm wary when she decides to be vengeful or vindictive. Whether you're making Hermione a character to be hated or not, I really don't like her. She's probably possessed or something by the creature behind the veil.
Lalaith Yamainu chapter 23 . 3/24/2009
"Author's Notes:

There we are. You all like this one better?

I realize that some of you might be a little troubled or worried. I'd like to say that everything will be okay, but April Fool's day is well past us all now. Sorry."

All I need to know is the world is safe, mysteries will be answered, the fab four get an acceptably happy ending (hopefully with weddings and children) and a decent chunk of the main characters survive.

That's not too much to hope for, is it?
Lalaith Yamainu chapter 22 . 3/24/2009
What a truly horrid, horrid woman!
Lalaith Yamainu chapter 18 . 3/24/2009
Hermione's distrust is getting really sad. I was with her in the beginning, but to believe that Harry killed twenty people...
Lalaith Yamainu chapter 17 . 3/24/2009
Oh... you killed Kingsley.

*is in shock after this chapter*
Lalaith Yamainu chapter 16 . 3/24/2009
So, Hermione's cold, Valencia's a vampire, Ron's dancing naked, Ginny's considering joining the Brotherhood (would she be the first girl? There haven't been any mentioned yet) and Harry made Italy win a Quidditch game.

Life in the this world is never boring, is it?
Lalaith Yamainu chapter 15 . 3/24/2009
Okay, so the thing is (will be? plans to? already has been?) possessing Harry. It loved a red haired witch. Presumably it had one friend who stayed loyal and one who betrayed it. In the (hypothetical, assuming it wasn't just an elaborate vision meant to drive the poor girl crazy) future it has complete possession of Harry, who is now a Dark Lord. People get attacked, bad things happen, afterwards they're different - angry? Scared? Missing their souls? - and they have green eyes. Presumably the attacks are focused on either Harry's friends (who Mira would have become), or those who remind the Creature of it's own happy life.

The creature has been there for thousands of years. How long ago was the gate corrupted? My husband has been saying the entire story that the creature is the evil wizard who tried to use the gate, but I'd always though that was too recent to be the creature and too far back to be relevant to the brotherhood, but now I realized I'm not sure exactly when it happened.

The description of the Amulet burned onto (the dead boy who's name I can't remember)'s chest made me think of Justinian's dragontooth necklace. We haven't heard from him in a while...

So... Velencia isn't who she says she is. And there's a new cult we're about to be told about.

So many colors, I can't quite see the picture being made yet.

Oh, and I forgot to mention - I love how Mira's name sounds like "Mirror", and she's the image of both Ginny (in the CoS scene) and The Angel in general. I thought I'd mentioned that a while back, but realized I hadn't. Kudos.
Lalaith Yamainu chapter 13 . 3/24/2009
Oh... who slipped them the love potion? And WHEN will people learning that keeping things from your spouse is about the worst thing you can do?
Lalaith Yamainu chapter 9 . 3/24/2009
So... from the girl's reaction to Harry when she woke up, it seems that whatever is pretending to be darklord!Harry is responsible for what happened to her. I take it the whole thing was no more than a message to the group that someone who is dangerous knows all their secrets? A way to draw them out of hiding? A trap, to be sprung while they're at Hogwarts investigating?

I get that Ginny is the focus of the attacks now - I think it clicked when Valencia pointed that out to Remus (when she was defending ghost!Harry from causing things), but I still don't get why. Grigore said she was important because even though she was touched by evil, she was still good (ish... I can't remember exactly how he described it), which is admirable, but... why so important? Being good can't exactly save the world, can it?

Even more confusing is why the creature wants her.

I'm also lost about the Amulet. Given the title, it's clearly important, but... why? What is it? Is Justinian really trustworthy? Did he tell her everything he knows? Why does Harry feel unconfortable around it?

Speaking of uncomfortable, I'm getting worried about Harry. His irrational need to stay hidden, his need to blame everything the DoM guy (who I was more worried about until I remembered that the london veil isn't broken like the Romanian one), his thing with the amulet, his increasingly frustrating desire to keep what he saw in the veil (and everything related to it) a secret from Ginny. Harry has good instincts, but the whole thing reminds me of OotP, and we know how that ended.

I also think Harry's dream meant more than he's letting on. The blood around but not touching Ginny immediatley brought to mind how many people have died around her since the whole thing began. The dead people were confusing - are they talking about him going evil? About him dying? Are they even real?

Also, for someone who got annoyed at Harry and Ron for not getting the Tonks/Remus/Valencia triangle, Ginny's pretty oblivious about how Josef feels about her. What did Dumbledore say about Harry in OotP? "I defy anyone who has watched you like I have not to love you" or some such thing. Josef was following her quite a bit. I wonder when she's gonna notice.

I am so loving this story!