Reviews for Baxter
BabalooBlue chapter 13 . 7/27/2013
OK, fini, I'm finally done. Have to say, I enjoyed this very much. I loved the 'conversations' between Baxter and House, very well done. Baxter is a great character. I'm glad he's found a good home, although secretly, I had hoped House would find a way to keep him. But he's right, a big dog like that in an apartment isn't really fair. Plus, Baxter seems to be excited to be going on a new adventure. ;)
The one thing we've already talked about - I still can't see John House actually telling his son that he's proud of him. You've 'repaired' their relationship carefully and tenderly and it works well within the story, though, so well done!
I'll have to take a break from reading for a few days but then I'm on to your next story! x
BabalooBlue chapter 10 . 7/21/2013
"Wilson in a fur coat." Oh, that's precious! :)

I love the conversation between House and Baxter. Lovely!
"Christ! You even sound like Wilson!" What's a Wilson? - Heee! :)
BabalooBlue chapter 5 . 7/20/2013
Hm, interesting take on John House. I've always had a much less forgiving view of the man but that's just me. You're getting behind his facade nicely. And I'm guessing there's more to come once House Senior and Junior are re-united.
(I'll be commenting on and off while I'm reading, please don't feel obliged to reply to each review! Just thought you might like to follow my progress through your stories.)
BabalooBlue chapter 2 . 7/20/2013
What, no amnesia? I'm relieved. It's something at least, considering what else House will have to deal with when he wakes up.
Visitkarte chapter 13 . 3/10/2013
I liked this story a lot. Too bad you didn't get John's number back than, so knowing what we know now, it's kind of hard to read. It's like "what if" all the time, almost painful. And you know there are assistant dogs for people with physical handicaps, just like House, also for guys constantly wheelchair-bound. That are all as big as Baxter. So he might need some school boy or girl to walk him twice a day, but other than that, he could keep him.

Like I said, I recognize how early in the canon this story was written. I love your style.

Any chance for us to get a new canon-compatible Baxter-story?
narutokakashijiraiya13 chapter 5 . 9/18/2010
love it, house with a dog, know any other house dog stories?
lilawonder chapter 7 . 1/21/2010
The first paragraph of this chapter is astonishingly beautiful. The language altogether exquisite. I normally read the entire work before I review, but this was so exceptional I had to comment.
HW forever chapter 13 . 10/21/2009
Great story! I especially love that you put the slash in there just like the show does: in those things that House and Wilson never say, and in the things they're willing to do for each other. In this case, mostly Wilson doing for House, but still! Love it.
mary L chapter 13 . 7/27/2009
I truly enjoyed this story! It is very well-written, with only a few mistakes. Very refreshing. I like reading longer stories, and your piece is filled with wonderful descriptions and scenery and flavor. It helps the reader to visualize what you are trying to share with us. Your story has just the right amount of angst and did not get too heavy into the medical jargon and was seasoned with just the right amount of humor. Your characters are right on par and the relationship between House and Wilson was sweet with just a hint of slash. Keep up the good work!
lembas7 chapter 5 . 2/15/2009
I've been reading your stuff and had to laugh at this line:

"He smiled back. They were ten minutes from Princeton."

I don't know how familiar you are with the area, but I am somewhat acquainted with it, and from my experience, you can be two miles from Princeton U proper and still be half an hour out. *smiles, rolling eyes* It's impossible with traffic, no matter when you're arriving. So this line definitely amused me, though I'm somewhat certain that probably wasn't your intent. I'm still tickled pink to see in a TV show and fanfic an area that I "know", and the amusement never really dies.

I'm loving the interplay of characters, the backstory and the depth of feeling you're weaving into this fic, and I also admired greatly your Bio, which is probably something you don't hear as often. Way to stand up for yourself! :)
Kazuki Landen chapter 13 . 2/2/2008
That was so sweet at the end, and absolutely perfect... brilliant sequel to Margin for Error.

You really are an excellent writer.
KylaRyan chapter 13 . 1/17/2007
I love it!

KYLA
Betz88zKid chapter 4 . 11/21/2006
"the United States sent a patrol of nuns armed with rulers to smite the knuckles of the perpetrators and send the violators to the principle’s office for time out"...cool line!

"He read volumes of the World Book Encyclopedia for fun"...doesn't sound like anyone I know!
Betz88sKid chapter 2 . 11/21/2006
Is it Koonie or Konnie?
Dawson chapter 13 . 9/24/2006
As always, you are a fantastic writer. This one was just as great as its partner. Undoubtedly fantastic, plausible, and very heartfelt. I love the little conversations between Baxter and House.

Utterly fantastic.

Once more, your admiring fan,

Dawson