Reviews for Songs for a New World
Gast94 chapter 8 . 10/23/2010
Very short, but still very good and fitting!

I hope you aren't annoyed by my comments right now, cuz I almost always wrote the same... But there aren't so much words for such a great sorry ( and I'm also a bit tired!). Anyway, you're awesome!
Gast94 chapter 6 . 10/23/2010
Again, good chapter. This story shows his longing for freedom and other feeling so well! This really makes me sad!

Again, the song fits perfect!
Gast94 chapter 5 . 10/23/2010
I liked this chapter very much. It shows Luna so good and I really love her way of thinking. Especially the part in the middle about Ron and hermione was very, very good and wise.

Interesting interpretation of the song!
Gast94 chapter 7 . 10/23/2010
Wow That really ripped my heart out, too!

So sad for Molly, but it's exactly like I'm picturing her: At home, worry, waiting to join the battle...

The lyrics go along with this part perfectly! So well done!
Gast94 chapter 4 . 10/23/2010
This chapter was -so far- the best. The end was very, very good! The last sentence fit so well!

I really love Hp and Songs for a new world, so I really like the idea of mixing them.
duj chapter 8 . 8/5/2006
Short but just right.
duj chapter 7 . 8/3/2006
"If You-Know-Who was evil, then their side and what they fought for was surely good..." Simplistic and incorrect view of the conflict, but very Molly. Fighting against evil doesn't automatically mean that you're good; maybe you're merely fighting for a different evil.

BTW, take it from someone who regularly makes both: fresh bread takes longer to get into the oven than stew takes to cook. The mixing and kneading are fairly quick but you're supposed to rise it twice, you know.
duj chapter 6 . 8/3/2006
Sympathetic look at one of my least favourite characters. Fairy-tale metaphor sheds a new light on the Marauders.
duj chapter 5 . 8/3/2006
"Life was never simple, and it always was. Luna felt most alone when she realized that no one else understood the world that way..." Perfect.
duj chapter 4 . 8/3/2006
My favourite so far; great insightful look into the girl Hermione-lovers love to hate. She's shallow but she does have feelings and Ron treated her appallingly.

BTW, oops. Sorry I suggested you weren't attributing the owner of the lyrics you've used. I missed them somehow, perhaps because I wasn't expecting anyone's name but JK's and didn't read past it in the disclaimers.
duj chapter 3 . 8/3/2006
The first few books were misleading; Ginny is actually a strong and outspoken character. Voldemort should watch out; she's not the scared little kid he ensnared and dominated.

Great song choices, BTW, but if they're not your own work you should attribute them to their owners. It's only polite to acknowledge their inspiration.
duj chapter 2 . 8/3/2006
Lovely, subtle and nuanced view of this torn and tight-lipped character. If this was a oneshot I'd put in a Snape C2 but I can't really justify it when he's only one chapter out of eight. (sorry, I'm only Staff on Snape C2s, so can't put this in one.)
duj chapter 1 . 8/3/2006
I went as far as ch 6, then noticed your review count and thought, "I should be reviewing these. because they're really very good." So here I am back at ch 1.

Neville is the sort of guy who fades into the background and he likes it that way. He's undergone just as much of a hero's journey as Harry in canon, just internally rather than externally.
Fiyero the Winkie Prince chapter 4 . 8/2/2006
I love this musical too and its nice to see you adapt it to Harry Potter. I love "Hear My Song" and I could definitely see Lily Potter singing that to baby Harry. If you like JRB and SFANW, if you haven't already, you should check out The Last 5 Years another of his musicals that is also magnificent.
Bubble chapter 1 . 7/26/2006
OMMG I am so excited someone else has heard of this musical! its such amazing music isn't it? hope to see more chapters!