Reviews for Fool's Gold
babz chapter 8 . 10/23/2007
oh my.. i wasnt expecting quistis to be so emotional.. tsk3..

just like what the otehr readers have said, this is truly an amazing story.. unique in its own sense..

well i just cant wait for the next chapters!

great job!
Oddly Inspired chapter 8 . 8/5/2007
good lord. Quistis is psycho.

you're an absolutely amazing writer.
chickabo chapter 8 . 8/2/2007
i really like this story because, as i'm a big seiftis/seiferXquistis fan i've read a lot of them, this is anything but your conventional quistis seifer really interesting seeing that their personalities are almost swapped more soon

x
DillyShilly chapter 8 . 8/1/2007
Yo _ I like your style of writing. It's very original; not something you see often around here lately *giggle* I like how you put insight to Seifers' feelings too, it makes the story easier to follow.

I hope you keep working on this story, and don't do what I do (which is start a story and never finish xD) 'cause it'd be a shame to see a story as good as this go to waste, you know? Keep up the great work!

x
Melete chapter 8 . 7/31/2007
My god, Quistis is frightening in this like a vengeful goddess or an enraged valkyrie. It works quite well and I'm on pins and needles to see what will happen next. You've given us good insight into Seifer's feelings but not really hers. I look forward to how the next chapter will unravel.
Acacia3 chapter 7 . 6/27/2007
I'll be honest - after I read the first chapter I was a little reluctant to keep on reading, although this was not in response to the writing itself. I think all the other reviewers have already said it - you have a wonderful sense of lyricism to your writing that's just beautiful. The images and feelings you evoke through your characters (I especially love the description of awkward Quistis) during the earlier years at the orphanage are just spot on. For me, that's where your story really shines.

I think the problem I had with the first chapter was Seifer's outright declaration of his love for Quistis. That being said, you completely eliminated all reservations I had with your skillful portrayal of each flashback and the way in which it has shaped Seifer's relationship with Quistis (who we've yet to meet even in real-time, imagine that!)... that's really quite wonderful... although it's taking me a bit to get used to Nazi Quistis. Might be beacuse I'm having crazy britney flashbacks, oi vay.

Anyway keep up the great work! I'm eagerly awaiting the next chapter along with everyone else :)
Melete chapter 7 . 6/19/2007
Gorgeous, breathtaking chapter. I do realize that telling you how wonderful you write isn't helpful but truly...you've made this heart wrenching story that is so painful and beautiful. You've made Seifer & Quistis so bruised/bruising. I can' t wait to see how you mesh up these recollections with the actual time.

I like how you invented this back story for their weapon choices. It is unique and telling of how you are developing these two as characters. Keep updating.
Ms Starlight chapter 7 . 6/19/2007
I like the way Seifer and Quistis have influences one another's lives in this story (the choices of gunblade and whip, for instance). Though, occasionally, your Quistis seems a little bit insane to me. Maybe it's seeing her through Seifer's eyes, or maybe it's a deliberate shifting of personalities back and forth between them. But she does seem a bit unhinged in this chapter.

You have a unique sense of beauty that really comes through in your writing. It's very distinct and probably your greatest asset as an artist.

Since you're talking about sequels, I'm assuming Seifer will live? I would really like poor Seifer to live. I"m a sucker for positive endings.
Turtle's Chopsticks chapter 7 . 6/19/2007
I like how your writting flows. Even when you have scene changes you keep the same feelings. It makes your story a rarity. Please update soon. I was both hoping for and hoping against Selfie finding the Wanderer. Nice Job.
Turtle's Chopsticks chapter 6 . 6/8/2007
When I figured out who it was the only thing I could think was: No. Then: Thank God. He avoided getting discovered. First by Galbadia and then by Balam. You made me curse and then thank you in a matter of seconds. I don't think I've read a story that has done that to me before.

I will wait on tenderhooks for your next update. Please make it soon. I can't wait to find out what the Wanderer does next. That and what Seifer remembers next. Or just what happens in general. Update soon Please!
Heligoland chapter 6 . 5/6/2007
"On the back was the picture of light and darkness intertwining into a symbol of ambiguous morality." That... is just fantastic.

I forgot how much I missed this story, it's so... I want to call it archetypal, just because then I could sound very wise and learned. No, archetypal's definitely in there - but it's more than that, it has an original style that I'm not sure I could even associate with anything. Definitely one of the most unique FF8 stories I've read, plot-wise, tone-wise, and character-wise. It's utterly gorgeous.
Ms Starlight chapter 6 . 5/4/2007
I love what you've got so far. I have a hard time thinking about Selphie as a major leader in the medical field...but then again she is the most techno savvy of the bunch in the game.

Looking forward to reading more of this sometime soon.
Ms Starlight chapter 4 . 5/4/2007
I just love Quistis' awkward adolescence. The glasses. The big ugly hair pins. Everything.
Ms Starlight chapter 3 . 5/4/2007
"It was the first hug he had ever managed and it was awkward and unruly and sissy-like." I just love that line. I can imagine Seifer feeling like such a dork trying to comfort this girl who's crying.

And what a great way to introduce Quistis! I'm really looking forward to seeing how you characterize her. It's strange trying to write her, I think, because people tend to forget she's a mercenary. And not just a part time one...a prodigy mercenary!

Loved the chapter.
Ms Starlight chapter 2 . 5/4/2007
You have a great style. I love some of your descriptions. Your writing is very smooth. Descriptive, but not agonizingly so. Long dream sequences are risky. Sometimes when I see fast paragraphs of italics, I tend to skip over them all together. But you do well here. And I especially liked at the end when you dropped them and picked them up again to show Seifer coming out of it and dropping back in. Really nice.
47 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »