Reviews for Ball and Chain
The Ghostly Minion chapter 1 . 9/18/2014
Fantastic story. Another way to end things, imaginative. When Harry and Hermione wed, Jenna ought to be both Matron of Honor and Best man!

D. Page Robin
Hyena-Sennin chapter 1 . 1/30/2014
Bittersweet, but at least now Harry's life has taken a turn for the better.
Noble Korhedron chapter 1 . 7/22/2013
Hmm, v. interesting take on things. Nice job! ;-P
Runecutter chapter 1 . 4/11/2013
I love the idea of having Harry running away from a place and moment that could basically be called his victory of hiding paranoidly in the muggle world, poor and not much less abused than in the Dursley's house (and how this fulfils the "Neither can live" sentence in a very pervert and nasty way! Just as while Voldemort was a wet whisp in the wind Harry had to suffer with Pet and Vern now Voldemort is giving his best at extreme-statueing and Harry once again is on the receiving end of the BIG STICK. It's not nice, but it's fitting.)
I'm ecstatic about the idea of giving him a unsuccessful marriage to a Hermione clone with a golden heart which absolutely could do nothing about the reasons for their marriage' s failing and yet still likes "Jim" for the man he could be if not for his hurt.
And i adore the profane and unglamorous way of killing off Voldi. That Snake-turd has not earned a glorious last stand or a phenomenal great duel that will go into the annals of magic, he's well off with being sliced through like an animal at the butcher's...

The only thing i'm not sure about is that those two after so long, after so much hurt and despair shoudl instantly reconnect and take it up without hesitating after ten years. I'm all for Harmony, but this is a bit sudden and takes the mood down at the end of it just by glueing a fairy tale ending onto a very dark and sober story for nothign but "cause it has to be"... They need healing, they need time to come to grips with their past and especially this long and hurtful decade and they need time to find a way into a normal relationship, that's nothing you just jump into and will it to work.
Penghost chapter 1 . 9/16/2012
A very dark kind of story!
Very well written with lots of strong pictures.

I just wonder once more why he has to be so daft and determent with his guilt insaneness!
How can anybody be so crazy for 10 years?

You have very strong emotions and a vivid imagination to come up with such a tough story witch is still very convincing to say the least.

Very good indeed.

Some chapter for the next few years with recovering and starting a family would be very nice. Also meting Jenna some time later would make a good chappy!

I hope you find the time to make the chapters emerge on this site.

All the best for you
GBTtown chapter 1 . 3/5/2012
Now why couldn't JKR come up with a great closing line like that? "F U Tom"! Simple, direct, no angst, no misinterpretation. Love it.
HP.HG. fan forever chapter 1 . 10/1/2011
WOW! Tear jerker. Suspence filled and throughally entertaining.
imaginexthat chapter 1 . 7/25/2011
I liked the suspense in your story. You had me believing that Harry was indeed being chased by villains, and was nearing his end. But I liked the ending. The time freeze was brilliant.

Jenna was a great character, much like Hermione...headstrong and smart. She was brave enough to let go. She deserved no pity, she didn't get any. This separation is closure for her. I mean, their relationship is not to be, and she did the right thing. I have no doubt in her future happiness. No epilogue necessary. Why are people obsessed with epilogues?

After all the sadness and angst, Harry deserves happiness.

Thanks.

Jeanne
obsidian-fox chapter 1 . 4/7/2011
I'm not convinced this Harry really deserves Hermione.
Haruchai chapter 1 . 7/16/2010
Wow. That was unexpected. Too bad he wasted 10 years in such misery.
blklover chapter 1 . 11/17/2009
great story please keep up the good work can't wait to find out what happens next please update soon
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 9/26/2009
Really good.
PapaMidNite chapter 1 . 9/22/2009
that was good

pm
dennisud chapter 1 . 9/18/2009
I think a quick epilogue should bearded. I think both Jenny &hermione should have Harry!
Alorkin chapter 1 . 3/16/2009
Wow! That was really hard! I've mourned my wife, and I've mourned friends, and So I was in tears almost immediately. You tell a very good, hard hitting story. Jenna is a good woman. While she couldn't handle Harry's PTSD any longer, she put up with it for years.

Hermione's re-entry into Harry's life was a breath of air. Her explanation to Jena didn't include why Voldemort didn't kill her, just to make sure she was dead. Was he that overconfident? Considering his 'victorious entrance to the Ministry, I'd have to say 'yes'.

You've only left one hole in your story. What happened to Jenna?

Oh, and why wasn't Ginny healed? Magic should have been able to repair her damage easily enough. Given what Mme. Pomfrey was able to do, I'd say Moody kept his prosthetics more as a statement than anything else.

A well writ story, sez I!

Alorkin