Reviews for Glowing
ClaudiaRain chapter 1 . 9/15/2012
Loved it! Very intriguing take on something River could be thinking about. I felt bad for her when she pretty much gave up...then you rocked it with the ending! Great job. :)
The Sunday Wife chapter 1 . 12/5/2010
was so beautiful, and it had a natural flow to it I thought. Also, probably the BEST characterization of River I've ever read. She is so hard to get just right, she's so multifaceted, but you captured just the right mix of everything that makes her River. I loved how intelligent you wrote her. Too many people focus on the riddles and "moonbrain" stuff and its frustrating. Great job, I loved it!
Storm Seer chapter 1 . 3/30/2010
Love it! Excellent, excellent depiction of River; and really of the others as well. I definitely desire more. I'll check your other stories too.
The Puppeteer chapter 1 . 1/4/2009
Sweet. No demand for a part two, this was fantastic as a one shot. Clean, sweet, thorough. I loved it's simplicity because through it you delved into the darker recesses of River as Girl/Woman and her having to deal with that. Great job.
hope-passion chapter 1 . 9/8/2007
I like how mal would teach her even if rules say it's wrong. his guide of what's right is not that superficial. nice idea, I follow it staying true to the characters. well done!
Jarvey chapter 1 . 5/13/2007
That was quite a piece of writing... it's too bad you aren't doing Firefly stuff anymore, you're quite good at it.
Gersemi chapter 1 . 4/19/2007
"Hi, I’m River and I can kill you with my brain."

"You might not wanna mention that so early in the relationship."

Definitely my favourite part. *lol*

I'm truly amazed at how well you write River - almost making sense but not quite. Very nice.
newscaper chapter 1 . 11/7/2006
Unexpectedly nice.

River/Jayne always gives me the creeps, and I've always liked Mal/Inara but you've intrigued me here.

I recently saw most of Serenity again on cable and particularly at the end the interaction between Mal & River is so sweet whereas Inara just sort of disappeared into the background - I could buy this.
garden-crafter chapter 1 . 9/30/2006
VERY shiny ! You write River well. And this was lovely and done very tastefully (normally I find Mal/River to be kinda icky 'cause her father figure).
Suzy87 chapter 1 . 8/30/2006
I love the way that you write River lines! These scene is very good! Mal is also perfect, well almost! Love all your one-shot stories!
Goomba chapter 1 . 8/29/2006
"Oh I'm going to the special hell." Hehehe! That's all I have to say.

Cheers Jen
Redmage2 chapter 1 . 8/20/2006
My God, you have an amazing gift for writing Mal/River. And from River's perspective. Absolutely wonderful. This is a great, great fic.
Bobbie chapter 1 . 8/10/2006
"Oh, I'm going to the special hell."

Classic. I'm watching you.
Lunatic Lorenzio chapter 1 . 7/27/2006
aww. that was really cute. i especially liked the bits at the end about all the different characters on the show and what the "glow" does for them. I really likd how Mal tried to listen, and tried to dig a little deeper to understand her meaning and stuff, and explain it to her, in a way that simon wouldnt have been able to (he's too protective of her to consider letting her have boyfriends) and make her understand.
BlueEyedBrigadier chapter 1 . 7/27/2006
This is amazing, Fayth3! It's not graphic, it's realistic and spot on for the characters and it's visually spectacular!

Honestly...if you can make a rather strong (not staunch, natch) Rayne shipper fall for this possible pairing scenario between Mal and River, then you gotta know you have something beautiful on your hands:D

BEB