Reviews for I Am My Own Knight
CountessMel chapter 9 . 9/23/2006
Oh. I ALWAYS look for updates from this piece. It's been so interesting to see how you've moved around in it. Very cool.

I could say a lot of really analysing stuff about this chapter. But I have a lot of work and need to practice my new Italian art song. Voice lesson on Monday. Gr. So, lovely job and thank you for continuing your tradition of excellence. :)
BurntheLand chapter 9 . 9/23/2006
It never ceases to amaze me how much the tables can turn during a single chapter!

The gloves thing-! I should have caught on earlier, and I think it's adorable. Great touch, that.

I've probably mentioned this before, but I love how you're doing James in this chapter in particular. The whole process of loss in fanfiction is either overdone or underdone in every. single. one. I. read. Except yours, of course. You place the perfect traces and hints of it everywhere, and move James around as if he were choosing his own actions, not you. Really, it's amazing.

And Thank You...THANK you, for not making James' father a full-time, full-blown, obsessively famous auror. Thank you.

It's...so very overdone.

Assuming from the "grim face" of the Mediwitch, I don't think Lily's getting good news, is she? Is James alright? Will Sirius be about? Since his best friend is missing? How long was Lily out for? Is -she- okay?

The questions!
bridgitS1 chapter 9 . 9/23/2006
This was the best chapter yet. So descriptive. You captured the after Christmas hangover feel wonderfully with just one sentence.

"The Christmas decorations were still hung throughout Diagon Alley, but they were looking a bit tired, as though more than ready for the holiday season to be packed away"

I love this kind of detail and you do it more often then i can name. It transports the reader to the scene instantly. And is the mark of a great writer.

It was perfect set up to the chapter and then flowed nicely into James running into Lily. The interaction was so genuine and easy. Yet My heart went out to James. It must have been such a difficult Christmas for him.

I KNEW those gloves were gonna be back. I didn't think they were James's at the end of last chapter though ( why wouldn't he have said anything?) so it was a nice surprise. I still think we haven't heard the last of those gloves in the plot.

Loved getting more background info on James family. I 've got questions about that but I'll save them for your lifejournal

Now to the intrugue of Snape and the death eaters. Your story makes me wish more that ever that JRK would write a Prequel to the HP series. We know for a fact that Voldie wouldn't hesitate to use Students to do his dirty work and it's just so plausible that Snape was working for him in school. I'd love to know what the canon is ( we might find out in book 7) but i have a feeling your not too far off .

It's also completly plausible that James and the boys were keeping a very close watch on him and would naturally not hesitate to help anyone in need on assistance when dealing with Death eaters.

Lily and James's sneaking into the Apothecary store illustrated how well they work together. She noticed the old hinges so he oiled them yet she put the quieting charm on. Yet he still managed to try and protect her the whole time despite her protests.

I didn't realize she was hurt with the first read through but when i went back and read it again, I noticed how you put in little subtle hints. She got winded whne she ran out front to tell James about Snape, She got dizzy when Mr Bowman entered. Very noce tough. I hope she's OK ( Of course she is) James will be in a right state I'm sure and probably blame himself. Poor James.

So much happened in this chapter and all of it leaves me on the edge of my seat wanting more.

Bloody Brilliant!
siriusforeva chapter 9 . 9/22/2006
Very good chapter!
Loli chapter 9 . 9/22/2006
Wow I really love that you update so frequently. That has got to be the best thing about this story other than your amazing plotline and full characters.

Wow lots of drama. Something I would expect to come out of JK Rowling's head. I loved the incident with Mr. Jiggers cause it seems so real like JK's writing. Pretty amazing!
messyblackhair66 chapter 9 . 9/22/2006
this chapter was so good! i liked james's new attitude, though. he was cute.
P chapter 9 . 9/22/2006
Awesome chapter! Love the setting, and James is so cute! Really like the plot developments too. Only one question though, ita was the nurse's nametag that read "Fiona", right? Not Lily's? Silly question I know. I loved the fact that the gloves were James', m very much. Can't wait to find out what happens next!
Prongs'LilyFlower chapter 8 . 9/19/2006
I LOVE THIS STORY!

i have only just read it all now but i really love it. You had me crying when James' parents died but laughing before that. I like this plot it looks very exciting! also please bring JAmes back to being happy, make him realise that he has a life to live to the full, but he can also go back to remembering blah blah, i dont like to see my favourite character so down [ lol .

You really are a creative and genius writer!

UPDATE!

PLF

x
My Insolence chapter 1 . 9/18/2006
This is the best LilyJames fic that I have ever read. I cannot explain to you how happy I am that someone was finally talented enough to set Sirius and James as the players that JKR described them as, but also managed to give them emotions. This is the first fic I have ever read that sets Sirius as a conceited prat who actually has a brain. Kudos to you!
Etar chapter 8 . 9/18/2006
Things are getting interesting. My favourite part has to be the endding, so warm and hopeful. Please update asap, I loved it.

-E
theeunknownFactor chapter 8 . 9/18/2006
I like the end. j/l
bridgitS1 chapter 8 . 9/18/2006
This chapter seemed to me to lay the ground wor for alot of future scenes. Nick interrupting the meeting especially struck me and I'm not sure why. It could just be a plot device but I sense something more...maybe to do with more rumors about Sirius and Lily ..and the gloves he gave her Are they even his gloves and why was he so determined to give them to 's got to lead to something ..Your really laying a good foundation here.

I love the Marauder's pack and their reluctance to include the girls in everything the knew about Snape. They tell them things only up to a point and still leave the girls quetioning. It illustrates the boys bond wonderfully and their desire to protect the girls...which is sweet :)

A very good chapter as usual.
P chapter 8 . 9/17/2006
Love it! Love it! Love it! Love the whole chapter! The interactions of the characters are so great! Love the way you write Lily, James & Sirius. They make me smile so much!
sunshine-puppies chapter 8 . 9/17/2006
pasmosa,

I have been a silent reader of your stroies for a while now but I thought that it was time to thank you for your wonderful stories and let you know how much I enjoy and look forward to each chapter.

Sirius is a doll and schemer or so he seems to me:)
crystallized lace chapter 8 . 9/17/2006
Totally great. i lvoe this. . . those gloves of sirius' were prob. from his parents or something, right? eh. . . kepp it up. im totally physced to read more!
323 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 .. Last Next »