Reviews for Coffee and Enmity
Jamelia098 chapter 1 . 3/17/2014
:) wished you'd continue
Melissa72 chapter 1 . 7/20/2013
Well done! Loved the was crisp and involved and relational. Great addition to the original fic which I have added to my fav list. Fav part was Hermione's voice in his head...their conversations and him calling her "woman.":) Least fav was that he didn't slip and admit he loved close too when the back and forth in his head was intense and she kept on telling him she loved Harry. Would have loved to read the words from either of them in the original fic. But hey, I'll take the great fic for what it is:) Thank you for taking the time to share the gift God gave you with us. God bless!
Guest chapter 1 . 5/29/2013
wonderful stories, both the long one and this one shot. congrats. i enjoyed reading both.
riverrat chapter 1 . 5/20/2013
Awesome! Fits right in with he other story, and we now know what happened in the few days Harry was missing. I liked how Severus was "talking" with Hermione in his thoughts.
kitty-gurl1 chapter 1 . 3/26/2012
absolutely amazing! i love that you added in this part, it really completes the story!
Dimac99 chapter 1 . 3/25/2012
Excellent companion piece. I enjoyed finding out what happened to Harry while he was gone and how he and Snape came to respect one another and you did it without making them all soppy!
Light on the Horizon chapter 1 . 11/3/2011
Brilliant :-) Loved how Severus kept hearing Hermione's voice
Cyera chapter 1 . 8/29/2011
I liked. Not much Hermione and Severus, but the plot made up for that, I think. :)
Katamabob chapter 1 . 5/23/2011
Sweet. Also rather funny :D Severus and Harry certainly had an eventful few days...

ooSuperBatGirloo chapter 1 . 5/31/2010
Very.. dramatic and engaging! I almost expected there to be another chapter or something at the end.. but very well written and I do like where you ended it (even though it leaves me wanting more!) Some of the twists were very unexpected, but then again, the whole story was a little unexpected.

Great work!

chst chapter 1 . 4/15/2010
Great! It really explains why Harry was so protective of Hermione.
hochexplosiv chapter 1 . 10/31/2009
Loved it.
lucyferr chapter 1 . 9/12/2009
I had not expected this long oneshot to be anything special. I was pleasantly surprised.

Bringing Hermione Granger into the fold had been Severus’s idea. A rather impulsive one at that; Albus had been displeased at first.

Albus twit

She had refused to admit that she was of more use to the Order working with Severus than that silly, reckless boy

Hermione twit

I should have taken her as well. ... Severus had realized Hermione’s cover was blown.

Severus twit

Severus met the boy’s gaze steadily. “I require your assistance in attacking the last Horcrux.” Potter blinked.

wow he can simulate civility!

"Perhaps I should talk to him, Severus.”

... a crash that was undoubtedly the sound of something being thrown at Dumbledore’s portrait.

alas, whatever was thrown had merely a temporary impact - where's fiendfyre when you need it?

“If that is the end I meet for my actions, I will accept it, because unlike you, I do not let my own pathetic interests get in the way of the Order’s aims,”

well said

“Perhaps she considers your temporary discomfiture reasonable to endure for the war. Perhaps she does not think your approval is the be-all, end-all of this war effort.”

i like the word discomfiture

i dont think I've seen a story before where Harry is so annoyingly immature at the start and he ends up growing up. Then again, I probably wouldnt have gotten to the end. And I wouldnt have for this one if you hadnt replied to my early reviews

Don’t hurt him.

I am not going to hurt your precious little pet, woman, so stop nagging me!

aw - and he hasnt even married her yet

Damn it, Albus, how do you expect this child to defeat the Dark Lord?

But in this state, Severus had to admit, he could better comprehend Hermione’s attitude—at least her protectiveness, if not her love.

annoying things, little brothers

“Harry’s never killed, you know,” Albus said, his tone rebuking.

Albus' biggest failure - he wants harry to become a weapon and doesnt bother training him - ss has a much more mature (and non-American) attitude to death and killing.

“Only because I asked him to,” Albus replied. “Or rather, begged him. I had to plead with him, of course, and even then, for a moment, I feared he would not do it.”

“But he was angry…” Potter broke off and looked at Severus, all color draining from his face. “She was…she was crying. She told me…”

“She begged you,” Severus said, keeping his voice as neutral as possible. “She begged you to trust her, and to believe her. And to trust Dumbledore.”

I like the way he juxtaposes Dumbdork's & Hrm's pleadings

“Hermione has been entirely alone in this, with none to confide in save myself, and risked a great deal out of trust in me. Whatever my dislikes toward you, I do not intend to take my promise to her lightly.”

It's so rare that someone stands up for Hermione, esp against scarhead, so I really enjoyed bits like this

Really, the boy is so slow, it’s a miracle he can understand half of Hermione’s speech.

who said he did? Any fool can learn to nod at the right moments, and Harry's well qualified in that regard

“Severus, what have you done—”

“Shut up, Albus!

Wish he'd tell Albus to shut up and keep his gryffindor righteousness and hypocrisy to himself more often

“You. You pathetic little upstart, the wizarding world’s little hero, Hermione Granger is worth fifty of you. You have not one inkling of her intelligence, her resolve, her courage and devotion to the Order of the Phoenix, and yet you presume to stand here and claim that she is incapable of protecting herself from ill use! Your ignorance is stunning to me and insulting to her.

Thank you god!

“She is far better equipped than you to determine what is best for herself or the Order, far exceeds you in maturity and rationality and concern for those around her. A concern, I might add, that she has shown for you in word and deed time and time again, which is why it disgusts me infinitely that you refuse to in any way repay her for it.”

has now sacrificed her freedom, her position in the Order, a good deal of self-respect, AND most likely her friendship with you, which she apparently prizes infinitely more than you do.

I reached him before he could do her any serious injury, thank god, but that is but a primer to what that courageous woman will suffer if you…do…not…GROW…UP!”

(Have I said Amen recently? I have? Bugger.)

“I will incinerate every painting in this room if you speak again. Now, get…out.”

Alas, he doesnt get a chance to carry out this threat - nice that Dumbo takes him seriously

She did not care if one she loved was altogether unworthy of it.

Of course not. If she cared about worthiness, she would not have had me.

SS & HP are similar, aren't they

“He’s right. I’d never have listened, no matter what. I’ve never listened to her or anybody else, I was always so sure I knew…”

“You’ve been very brave.”

“I’ve been very stupid, you mean,” Potter growled, slamming his fist into the wall. “Stop trying to make me feel better, I’ve got no right

Albus liar (no surprise there)

The Order of the Phoenix had been struggling with treason and espionage since before Harry Potter or Hermione Granger were born

excellent point - too many fics treat the Order as silly

She coddled him so. Perhaps that was why he remained so hopelessly immature.

“But I’m seventeen; they’re not supposed to monitor our wands after we come of age.”

Severus smirked at him. “Learn a reality of power, Potter: because they are not supposed to does not mean that they don’t.

Excellent point - never thought of this

“No, Wormtail, merely trying out this new wand of mine.” Before Wormtail could so much as squeal, Severus had it aimed directly between his eyes. “Avada Kedavra.”

I wondered where Wormy had gone in the final battle - I thought I'd missed him

Potter was a child, a child compared to Severus, to Dumbledore, to Hermione Granger. Why was he the one upon whose shoulders Snape’s fate rested—all their fates rested? It really wasn’t fair to any of them to have a silly, overemotional, immature boy responsible for all their lives. To say nothing of how unfair it was to the boy.

That's the underlying flaw of Rowling's series, innit? But it's in the pre-Buffy rulebook that every Arthur-ic character is a boy (and all boys are silly and overemotional and immature)

I’d have let the war get lost before I admitted I was wrong about you.

quite - I wanted to scream earlier at harry to remind him that voldemort was a bigger enemy than snape

The monster in his grip arched Harry’s entire body and screamed wildly once more, then the red eyes flashed out of existence, and it was only Harry on the floor, shivering and ice cold under his hands. “He’s com-ing—

Great idea, this

He couldn’t help wondering if Hermione would notice.

That's so sweet. A knight hoping his maiden will approve. (A kneazle hoping his mistress will like the plump little mouse he's brought her.)
Belle86 chapter 1 . 6/8/2009
Great addition to the story! I love reading fics that have a deep friendship between Hermione and Harry. While I'm more a fan of them together as a couple, if Hermione is paired with someone else, I like that Harry stays her true friend. Loved the Snape and Harry fightage!
Rosh chapter 1 . 4/14/2009
Awesome story! really filled in from Tea and Sympathy and satisfied my Snape craving. Nice work!