Reviews for Grudge Matches
Singer013 chapter 1 . 4/17/2013
Type your review for this chapter here...
Akiho Tonoshi chapter 10 . 4/9/2012
muhahahaha! 'course it'll all work out. really what was shego worried about in the first story.

ummm *shrug* wouldn't it make sense to have your "chapter ten" in this story too? just change the ten to eleven and this one to ten...

also, you're scene changes have been removed(its been like that since the start), its odd to read it with out em. I figured out here they where easily but *shrug*.

hummm meet shego's parents... sounds fun! always interesting to see what people come up with. Why is it that no one likes hego? Been a while since I've watch the cartoon, but every author seems to dislike him :P.

anyways rambling now. twins! muhahah! its funny... my sister has twins . cant wait to see the girls, gona be a handful.
Mengsk chapter 10 . 10/26/2010
That was a neat way to end it. Alright, super review time. Of this story and of the series thus far before I move on to the third story of the Trilogy. Because I've been pondering this series all day. I have one of those jobs that leaves a lot of time to think – politics, religion, current events, literature.

This fic in of itself is not a story. But as a filler to bridge the gap between episode 2 and 3 of the original story arch it does its job awsome. Seeing all these different angles, because you've been so focused on Kim and Shego it was good to see chapters here dedicated to other characters. Honestly I think many of the individual stories here were almost more fun than the main plot. I especially liked the Wade/Drakken team up and the romantic getaway of Shego and Kim. (You know Betty would be so fired if people learned about that one). And definatly, definatly this last chapter.

Writing style – and I did not want to comment on this for two reasons. First, these are early works. You may have changed during the intervening six years give or take. Also I'm not sure enough of my own writing skills to comment on others (plus I don't know the terminology to make it sound like I know what I am talking about). All I can say is within this series you rely far too much on dialouge to paint a scene. And on occasions where a conversation runs in to nine or ten lines you really have to add a “said” or two. There were several instances where, for example, Shego said a line. You would presume Kim would then say a line. But in fact the third line was Kim so who's was the second comment? This has thrown me time after time.

I don't care how Jane Austin does it. You're not Jane Austin. Her I can follow!

Plot Construction – I have talked earlier about how the perfect Kigo would go. You are playing more on the side of happy families than forbidden love for me to call this my perfect Kigo. You're the closet so far. You have given thought to that side of affairs. Half the plot revolves around it.

Because this series revolves around Kim and Shego's point of view we do not get in to the heads of any other character, Anne Possible being a rare exception. I don't like such a limited scope of events. I think the method could work though if you showed more of Kim and Shego's perspective. It was always those two together. Where was Kim talking to Ron the next morning, feeling guilty about missing another Kim and Ron night? You did a little better presenting Drakken through Shego's eyes. So much better in fact I could even refer back to my last review and ask why did you limit Ron in this series so much?

Final comment – I believe that when we use these characters, we did not invent them so we don't own them, but when we use them we make them ours. Kim in my story is not the same Kim from TV. They resemble each other. I try to make my Kim as close to the one on TV as I can. But it is a law of writing that we, intentionally or not, put a little of ourselves into the characters. Or people we know.

You have put more of yourself than usual into these fics, however. I think by reading these I can already have some idea of your beliefs and politics and things important to you. You've littered this series with clues.

What I want to ask. If Shego the Jewish lawyer is you're wife, are you the nut job Kim?
Mengsk chapter 8 . 10/26/2010
Ron. I remember Ron. He's Kim's best friend who DOES NOT APPEAR IN THIS SERIES AT ALL! Nice for him to make a small cameo. Honestly, I forgot he was in Japan.

Is it you had trouble writing him in the early days, did not like him, or were you saving him for this parallel series you mentioned?
Mengsk chapter 5 . 10/24/2010
A parents work is never done?

Just sneaking in some quick chapters.
Mengsk chapter 4 . 10/24/2010
I have to give you special credit for this chapter. Smoothe. This is how the Joker keeps coming back rather than being sent to the electric chair.

If supervillains do begin to appear we may have to loose these loopholes.
Mengsk chapter 2 . 10/24/2010
What if they're dropping the charges so that Shego walks and they get another assassination attempt?

I have the funny feeling the story about the officer, the funneral director and the governor are real. And I could probably name the governor.
1WiththeButterfly chapter 10 . 7/4/2010
Well, the first thing I'll say about this is I like the style this used. Certainly not linear, and pretty confusing, but intriguing regardless.

Interesting how you played down the aspect of "This could be really bad" for kim's pregnancy, and I find that a very realistic touch. Theres a reason movies give timeframes of a few hours before the world explodes, or else the heroes would start thinking about wether they look good in that long trenchcoat, or wether Alice will go out with them on friday. Bad stuff doesn't stick around for long

I still like the story, even though it isn't as engaging to me as it was to start with. I'm still going to read till the end of it, bar not liking the story anymore. At this point, I like it a lot
lsass.exe chapter 4 . 5/1/2010