Reviews for The Good Son
Sammysmissingshoe chapter 1 . 1/25/2014
im so glad i read this when no one else was around because the brotherly fluffiness kept making me squeal! gosh this is so cute!
RedDragen chapter 1 . 10/30/2007
I liked that story, it was cute and nice.
carocali chapter 1 . 8/27/2006
An interesting take on the lives of the Winchesters. Dean is always ready to go in blazing to protect Sam, but Sam is a big boy too. I"m glad he got to talk to Mary, although she was a little more angry than I would have thought. This is set after 'Dead in the Water' correct, so they had not seen their mother in Lawrence yet. Perhaps that's why she says 'I'm sorry?' Hm

jakisbishlygay chapter 1 . 7/31/2006
That was great, I love how Mary steped in. And the usual words of endearment (i.e. "bitch", "jerk", "punk", etc.)
pmsdevil01 chapter 1 . 7/28/2006
i thought that was good. great job!
Ani-maniac494 chapter 1 . 7/28/2006
I know I have said it before, but I really enjoyed this. :)

It is wonderful to see Sam being reminded of what Dean did for him growing up. I think sometimes he forgets that in the midst of everything that happened with his father, and his leaving for school.

You also do a great job of portraying Dean, and the way that he just accepts who he is, and doesn't fight it. I think he wishes things could be different at times, but he is more than willing to make the best of what he has. And also very true to Dean's character, he put Sam before himself.

Wonderful work! :)

Darktales chapter 1 . 7/28/2006
I loved the story up to Mary being angry with Sam when she first comes to him.

I thought that was very sad as this was his first memory of his mother. And Sam was justified to be angry. Dean almost died - tiwce. As for the danger and Dean doing it to save Sam, since Sam never got the chance to actually be in any danger, how could he not feel angry at his brother?

I would have understood Mary being angry at Sam if Sam had been injured and then Dean stepped in taking the more grevious injuries to protect him. Than I could see Sam's complaint as being ungrateful and whiny. But since he wasn't hurt in any way how could he see it any other way than Dean being stupid?

Well like I said, that part I thought was a bit harsh. Not such a nice 'hi Son, I'm your mom' moment.