Reviews for Sammy First
Ang chapter 1 . 7/28/2006
This is really good. More please. Didnt understand his face being palpable? Looks like you have nailed the characters of both very well. Thanks for sharing your talent. Keep writing. Soon please.
Phx chapter 1 . 7/28/2006
Yeah! I am so glad that someone wrote this scene. I had been tempted to myself but sometimes I prefer to read someone else's take on a scene. Particularly when the writer is talented :)

Very nicely done and one I'll be reading time and again. This is the Dean and Sam I know and love. Dang it all, those boys are addictive. And I did like the brief connection to 'Heroes' that was offered... you already know I like your Caleb.

shywalk chapter 1 . 7/28/2006
Damn straight Dean...God I love my Dean, he just loves Sammy so...sigh Thank you. Loved this
bally2cute chapter 1 . 7/28/2006
Nightmare is one of my favorite episodes. At the end of the episode, after the whole Vegas thing, the look Dean gave when Sam's back was turned showed how much he worries and is worried about his brother. Dean seems like such a sarcastic, joking robot sometimes, but in that, you can tell how much he cares for his brother. And I think Jensen's eyes are expressive so that really gives him away. Great writing, great Dean, great story, just an excellent piece.
amy jonas chapter 1 . 7/28/2006
Hey Ridley! You took on one of my favorite eps! As a one shot I just adore this fic. Protective Big brother Dean - I can't get enough of him. lol And I was facinated, as Dean had to wait for Sam to come out of the vision he recalls Calebs' visions work.

As a missing scene it was good too but to me, it seemed to lack the urgency that was in the vision scene and then the following scene with hte boys in the car. But that urgency just disappeared when Dean made Sam sit down, take asprin and drink some soda. Although Sam does retain some of the urgency, he seems to take Dean's lead and slows down.

And now, because I could see Dean trying to make sure Sam was ok (I just see Sam fighting and inisiting more...the visions just seem to really drive him) that Sam will blame Rogers death on himself for not reaching Roger in time. If he had been stronger; able to handle the pain better, then Roger wouldn't have had to die.

“No!” Sam snapped, trying to untangle himself from his brother. “We can’t be too late this time. I have to stop it. It‘s my responsibility.”

So that was it? Dean felt his own anxiety quickly give way to anger. “And you’re my responsibility! I have to make sure you’re all right.”

I love this. Dean is so concerned about Sam's physical well being, he doesn't think about Sam's emotional well being; about the guilt that Sam will experince because he saw it happen and didn't (couldn't) stop it.

I'm sorry this review isn't as clear as I would have liked. I really did like it overall.

Jellicle chapter 1 . 7/28/2006
Great scene, and the link back to Heroes made it even greater. That led to another plot - missing scene -I think. What if Sam in his twisted mind decided that because they spent so much time checking him on the hotel, they didn't manage to save Roger?

Really nice fic, as usual.
bubblesquirt chapter 1 . 7/28/2006
Nice oneshot. As always!
A-blackwinged-bird chapter 1 . 7/28/2006
Very lovely hunk of angst, Ridley. Yummy. I love Dean's triage of Sam- it's one of the only times we get to see any form of 'love' from the boy!

Very slick working Nightmare into your universe. Fit together quite nicely!

Thanks for sharing,

deantastic chapter 1 . 7/28/2006
We need 2 hour episodes of Supernatural to incorporate these missing scenes :)
Evergreene chapter 1 . 7/28/2006
Loved it, especially that last line. That's one of my favourite scenes in one of my (many) favourite episodes, so it was great to see this extension of it.
NC Girl chapter 1 . 7/28/2006
You know, what impresses me the most with this story (as well as nearly all of your other ones) is your ability to blend the facts (and scenes) that are given in various episodes with the details of your stories. And you manage to do it so seamlessly! You seem to be a master of logistics as well as a master storyteller and that adds so much debth to each of your pieces.
Onari chapter 1 . 7/28/2006
Beautiful, and very much needed tag! Straight to my favourite list!

Emma15 chapter 1 . 7/28/2006
The most heartbreaking thing about that last line is that I bet he means it about himself too.

Wonderful... as usual. Thanks for sharing! :)
SammyJaredfan chapter 1 . 7/28/2006
I loved it. There just needs to be more brother moments in that show. So if there's not going to be, thank you for giving them to me. I love all your always!
daisymaygirl1 chapter 1 . 7/28/2006
Oh, thank you for writing this. Nightmare is my very favourite episode and the scene of Sammy's vision in the motel is one of my favourite scenes in it.

You're right, if the viewers and fic writers were writing that scene, there'd be a helluva lot more brotherly moments in it.:-)

But, I really loved your version of how it could have gone. Dean telling Sammy that he was Dean's responsibility got me feeling all nice and mushy inside. Wonderful story.

I may have to go and watch Nightmare now. :-)
56 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »