Reviews for Escape
Rayven49 chapter 1 . 8/2/2012
This was beautiful. I liked how each Pevensie had a place to go, and though I understand that Lucy would be the one to comfort the others, I wish she had had a private place to go, too. Everyone needs one.
You paint despair so perfectly. It's heart-wrenching.
Yours,
Rayven
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 4/11/2012
This is one of my favorites so far. It makes sense that each of the siblings would have hard days and hard times and would have to escape somehow. I think that the ways you came up with were perfect for each of them.

I love how you them compared their escape to ho well they were perceived by their subjects.

And it amazes me how well you are able to describe the four of them differently in every story. It never feels like you are rehashing the same desciptors, which is quite impressive. :)

Sapphireswimming
marble-fire chapter 1 . 2/3/2012
Amazing! loved it 3
Gretta99 chapter 1 . 3/25/2011
This is truly Lucy. Splendidly done.
RAGA chapter 1 . 4/26/2010
So sweet. I like this a lot. I'm a fan of Lucy, so I may be a little bias too. I also really like your stories (and not just because Lucy's in them). -
xtapx chapter 1 . 10/11/2009
I adore this fic. I think you captured the essence of the Pevensies very well. I love the way that Lucy is the one that makes everyone realize that they are being too hard on themselves. They have such a great relationship, and I just love the way that you have captured it.
greenfieldnews chapter 1 . 2/1/2009
this is a really really good, literary fic. I like how you seperated each sibling by personality and how lucy brought them together! Nice job!
LunaNigra chapter 1 . 1/18/2009
Loved it... Especially the Lucy part!

Luna
ibelieveintruelove chapter 1 . 12/16/2008
That was wonderful! At first I thought we were going to get each of the Pevensie kids favorite places to hide when things get tough - but this was much better than I expected. While the older three need to find an escape, Lusy becomes the one to draw them away and reassure them and make them whole again. She's the glue that holds them all together, and I think that's truly lovely :)
inkspire chapter 1 . 11/29/2008
Wow. This was amazing! I really loved the tweak at the end with Lucy being the one to do all that and support each one, it is a very appropriate character interpretation for each Pevensie in this chapter. Well done!
Skinny Little Nobody chapter 1 . 7/10/2008
This is beautiful. Not just the idea, but the repetition and the way it looks on the page.
Mellifluence chapter 1 . 6/25/2008
I think, I think, the thing I like best about your work (which I am a raving fan of, by the way _) is the clever and poetic way you manage to tie the four siblings together using central themes that never seem to grow old or cliche. Now that, I think, is the mark of true brilliance.

Thank you for sharing with us your amazing talent with words. It truly touches the heart.
asinine chapter 1 . 6/24/2008
You always seem to make Edmund so depressing... that isn't a bad thing, of course, it's just that it's so much more realistic than other Narnia fanfics make him out to be. It's like, in the Narniaverse, all the fans seem to disassociate themselves from the pain Edmund must really be feeling... and he goes through hard times, thinks he deserves the pain he receives, but on some level it seems like that pain isn't fully understood. You portray Edmund in such a tragically beautiful way, a way that I think is very true to how he really would be. I love your stories because of this!
Expecting Rain chapter 1 . 5/12/2008
You had me very worried about Edmund, until I read the part on Lucy. Beautiful little story.
Shadow-ofthe-Night35 chapter 1 . 3/19/2007
Up, Out, Down, Looking. I love how you did this one. i like how you did the last line of each part, how you worked the word of what they do into the sentence of what everyone else does. did that make sense? probably not, but i love this story anyway. and Lucy is the strongest, and everyone does look to her, even if no one really realizes that until they really really think about it.

thanks, Shadow