Reviews for ICU
Bakerstreet Blues chapter 15 . 5/19/2012
absolutely amazing writing...the back story for each character is incredibly insightful...truly a pleasure to read.

SkidInSideways, you had me laughing, crying, loving these people and truly despising them. I cannot say enough what a terrific writing skill you have. I hope you continue to nourish it.
siddigfan chapter 15 . 2/27/2012
Very Nice! Very well-written! I really enjoyed the inner thoughts of everyone, especially John House not being made to be a total bastard. Reminds me of my dad, who was a bastard, but not a total bastard. :-)
resourceress7 chapter 14 . 5/4/2011
I love the fun&games and whiteboard one-liners in this chapter. Punchdrunk is a funny place to be.
ForeverRainingFire chapter 15 . 12/26/2010
Great story! I really enjoyed reading it and I thought most of the character studies were spot on! Fantastic work!
Dimac99 chapter 15 . 3/17/2010
Fantastic story and so well written and characterised - loved it from start to finish. I especially loved your John House - I get the impression from the show that he wasn't deliberately evil and abusive but that he genuinely thought he was toughening his son up and making him a man while teaching him right from wrong, and it's great to see him being portrayed as something other than a heartless monster. Also loved the references to the old patients, most of whom I got (Vogler was a nice touch).
mandy347m chapter 15 . 5/15/2009
This story was amazing! The characters are spot-on, and the details are incredible. I love the title's pun (ICU I see you, apt because of the changing points of view).
da3lech chapter 15 . 3/5/2009
Very well constructed,enjoyable tale

('tho' for me, a little too much Stacy at the end)

...of course I realise this was written some time ago
da3lech chapter 4 . 3/5/2009
For the first time, Cameron grasped the enormity of what they were about to do.

“This really is insane, isn’t it?” she whispered.

Foreman laughed. “Around here, ‘insane’ is the starting point,” he did he employ the two-finger, hunt and peck approach: he preferred to hammer on all the keys with all of his fingers at once, usually swearing ferociously at the results, and usually giving up almost as soon as he started.
da3lech chapter 1 . 3/5/2009
Didn't think I was going to read this, but having started, I've been drawn in...

Great descriptive writing...Thx
Kiki Cabou chapter 15 . 1/11/2009
So I went through this thing in one shot and really, really enjoyed it. You nailed the characterizations - the little inner monologues for each of the characters watching over House were INCREDIBLE - and everybody, even the incidental folks like Brenda, was in character and entertaining. I laughed my butt off at House's typing (which I managed to decipher after a while - I got such a kick out of his impatience manifesting itself in his hands) but the funniest bit was "Catch the Clap." Yay Giant Microbes. I'm such a dork that I actually searched for them on-line to see what they look like. It wasn't lost on me that "The Clap"'s eyes oddly resemble House's. That was awesome. Anyway, great story. This tale looks like it (rightfully) has lots of fans, so be proud. :)
delete this account svp chapter 15 . 1/4/2009
Nice story, I like it! Everybody's individual stories really got to me. The only thing worth criticiseing is your use of the German language. You mixed up the word order pretty badly in some cases and not every word with double s requires a ß, but all in all it was understandable and added a nice touch to your story. so kudos for you XD
Special K3 chapter 15 . 9/10/2008
I just read the entire story and I really liked it! There are not many good House storys out there - I think mostly because it is so hard to write House in character. Well you managed it :-)

Oh and by the way (I really dont want to be a know-it-all, but) Im German so I cant resist to correct Nurse Brendas sentences: So they let you try it - Sie haben Sie es also versuchen lassen;

"I know you'd rather have Keira Knightley do this for you, but you'll just have to settle for me. - Ich weiß, dass es Ihnen lieber wäre wenn K.N. das für Sie machen würde, aber Sie müssen wohl mit mir Vorlieb nehmen."

So now after playing Mrs. Smarty-pants Ill check out your other stories!
dzio chapter 3 . 7/21/2008
The discussion between the Ducklings and Wilson was great! They were all so in-character, I can easily see this scene on the show, it all fits. I like their conclusions on why House waited so long and why he even considered ketamine. I understand Cuddy too, I can't wait to see if they convince her in the end, take House to Germany, or go rogue and do it House-style. ;) And Evil Nurse Brenda was a nice touch - I think that's the way many people at PPTH feel about House - exasperated, but fond of him too, just a little bit. Being around him must be like watching some bizzare natural disaster - yes, it's a disaster, but you know you're seing something unique, humbling and even beautiful - in a weird and a bit frightening way. ;)
dzio chapter 2 . 7/21/2008
Okay, I know I said I'd leave one review at the end and be done with it, but that way I'd probably forget to tell you about all those great things in every chapter, so get ready for a long string of those - like, 15 of them. ;)

Anyway, let's get to the point, shall we? First of all - your idea of who the shooter was is really good, I don't really like the post-NoReason stories that even hint on something along the lines of "he had it coming". Being an insensitive jerk is not something you should get shot for. Now, being a psycho is a good reason to go and shoot someone, so I like your idea. ;)

House without his voice is a brilliant idea! :) I can't wait for him to wake up and try to soundlessly give everyone hell. ;) He might have to buy himself a large notepad and a marker - he'll probably get his point across better with big, angry letters. ;)

The scene in House's apartment is good too - I can see Foreman doing this and Wilson would certainly want to go with him. Foreman is much less emotional than the other Ducklings, so it would be him, not Chase or Cameron. It just works. :)

Ok. Next one coming up in a while. ;)
dzio chapter 1 . 7/21/2008
Ok, I will leave a real review at the end, but I just wanted to say this was one hell of a first chapter! I loved the technical details about guns and gunshot wounds. Did you research all this or do you work with firearms? Either way, it's impresive and a great idea all around - pulled me in right away and it makes the whole thing fresh and original. Great start, I'm off to read more now. :) Good thing I can sleep till noon tomorrow, it's 2 a.m. already and I have the feeling I'll keep reading till I'm finished or I fall asleep with my face on the keyboard... ;)