Reviews for Rarity
Thanks for the read.
An Author's Pen chapter 1 . 1/6/2016
I really like the thought behind this - but what stood out to me most was how you drew the character of attendant. He tries to see if trainers will lie about their pokemon's injuries, he doesn't lash out at his co-worker even though he's upset by her lateness, and he wants to defend the achievements of his family. I liked little points of description - the co-worker who met Lance, the kicked-dog smiles he puts on for trainers, the way Kris has to stop and think about whether any of her pokemon are badly hurt (that was kind of brutal).

The ending is a bit abrupt, though I think the addition of the author's note compensates well for that. I wonder if the second and third to last lines might read better if their places were switched?

(Kris nodded as he spoke. She was still smiling at him, the wayward child.)

The author's note is very powerful, and I'm glad you added it. A well-written and thought-provoking one-shot, overall.
Okatusareawesome101 chapter 1 . 8/9/2013
this is quite the story as I have noticed this in most of the games
Greece's kitty chapter 1 . 1/16/2013
You tell em' crystal!
TMNTurtwig chapter 1 . 10/29/2011
lol, I loved how arrogant Kris was. It really made me dislike Kris because most of my favorite trainers are girls from pre-crystal like Erika, Jasmine, Sabrina, also it would be said that Cynthia was a champion before Kris and Agatha supposedly came pretty close. I would say that Agatha would have been more of an inspiration to female trainers than Kris since she was the first to become big, not to mention that she stayed in the top when her contemporaries moved on. Canonicaly, Dawn/Platinum would have made it to champion before her as well since D/P/Plt happens between R/B/Y and G/S/C.
Invisible-chan chapter 1 . 12/21/2010
How the heck have I not read this story? _ Anyways, beautiful, simply beautiful. I love how you characterize Kris as calm, but still having the upper hand in their conversation. (Is Gin supposed to be the rival? As in Japanese for Silver?) Great job. Definitely an interesting read. D
inkShade chapter 1 . 12/18/2008
Hm... This is an interesting story. When I first played red version I remember being annoyed that I couldn't play as a girl and just shruged it off. When crystal version came out I was irked that I didn't wait for it, I didn't bother buying it since I'd gotten silver already.

I never thought of there being a shortage of female trainers, I think just being forced to play as a guy was what really bugged me most aheh. I mean really, how hard was it to add that little option in along with everything else they'd already done xD

Anyways about the story itself, its well written for the most part. I enjoyed it. You have some small grammer issues here and there but that can be easily fixed. Good job~
Naryfiel Lilith chapter 1 . 11/28/2008
interesting. have you played pokemon diamond/pearl btw? the champion there is a woman and is supposed to be the strongest one yet.
PG Palmer chapter 1 . 8/24/2007
Nice oneshot. I really liked the closing line, though I would loved to see the attendant's expression when she said that.
Raichu chapter 1 . 11/19/2006
This piece had me captivated. You really bring those characters to life, the way you describe them, especially snooty Kris Tal.

I didn't follow the paragraph about Danika. It didn't flow well and I had no idea from whose POV it was narrated.

I see your point about female trainers always having been around, witness the aged Agatha. The fact that I'd never thought about it suggests that it's not an issue in the Pokemon world. Nothing I'm aware of suggests a male/female rivalry in Pokemon. So then why make a point?

I'm stumped about the last line. So Kris Tal.'s the first female Champion? So? Agatha, Karen etc. are Elite, which I presume to be a higher honour.
Whiskerwing chapter 1 . 7/31/2006
Score, I can review even without logging in, that's awesome.

I wonder if I'll see your replies?

At any rate, I enjoyed the one-shot. Sometimes it's nice to read something that has a forseeable ending *laughs and hides her own monstrous stories*.

I could identify with the pokecenter caretaker from the beginning, excellent characterization. I liked him and wanted to stick with him, which is great. Too often I find myself bored or dissatisfied with a narrator, and to get me that attached to a quickie one-shot character is awesome. ]

I really like the message too - because you're right, female trainers and gym leaders were around from game 1. As an additional thought, I wonder how many of them dropped out of the league after they got pregnant and had to sit home and watch a baby? That would put a damper on anyone's pokemon journey, and any mother willing do drag a new baby along on some of these harrowing adventures needs the inside of her head examined.

Great job, very engaging, fun, and thought provoking. ]
Sevrius chapter 1 . 7/29/2006
I had never thought of that before... Your characters seem to come alive with your writing style.

The beginning confused me (with the worker's shifts), but it could just be because I'm easily confused.
Quizer chapter 1 . 7/29/2006
Heh, this is good! Priceless even! Thanks for giving me a good laugh!

Quizer