Reviews for The Flame Burns Deep
jeannot1978 chapter 4 . 6/22/2014
Yes, I would like to see a sequel to this story. The follow-up to this would be well worth writing. After all, it will be a love story... with a few bumps in the road along the way. And I like this story.
Paolo chapter 2 . 3/19/2011
Sure was a tear jerker... was Pikachu saying "Misty, I'm sorry" - seemed the most appropriate thing I could think of. paulos_27 .uk is my email if you don't mind replying. Still loving the fic! x

Paul
Paolo chapter 1 . 3/19/2011
Loving the fic atm, but I have to ask 1 thing Since when did a Charizard have emerald or jade wings? P

Paul
Crazylobo chapter 1 . 5/16/2008
Whoa, this is probably one of the longest Poke-fics I've ever read, but boy, was it a heck of a trip! Anyways, onto the review.

First, I really liked Mew's part in this whole story - the characterization of it being an extremely empathic Pokemon due to its Psychic powers was realistic, though I picked up a far more playful personality to Mew when I watched the First Movie so many years ago. There was only one minor flaw: I'm honestly surprised that the whole forest reacted to Mew's presence. I would have thought Legendary Pokemon would be far less conspicuous; being a Psychic, Mew can probably also hide all traces of its presence.

Second, Misty's speeches really were beautifully written - well done! There was a real nasty douche of cynicism in most of them, but I appreciate writers who can look at the world the way I do sometimes. XD The silver lining in most of them was some of the hope and realization in them - it was very eye-opening, and provoked deeper thought.

Third - this fic really was very moving. (the last time I've been this moved by Pokemon was probably when I saw the deleted scene of Mewtwo's telepathic interaction with Amber) Pikachu's going into his Pokeball at last brought tears to my eyes - it was a wonderful symbol for the despair and finality that one feels after another has passed away.

Ho-oh came through as a poorly designed foil, however. Though it was quite humourous before its flame died, it was difficult to appreciate that a Pokemon spoke with teenage slang (whatever?) even if Ho-oh used to meet people regularly in the past. I was disappointed to see that no one mourned the death of Ho-oh, who willingly gave up his life to destiny for Ash's sake.

Last but certainly not least, I really enjoyed all the Ash x Misty moments, embarrassing and awkward though they were. The two were kept very well in character for the most part, though I Misty's grief over Ash was probably over-exaggerated. (surely she would have left him for food?)

Oh. And this is a rather ignorant comment from a new fan to the base, but... what does AMMR even stand for? o.O I just know that it means the Ash x Misty pairing, but not actually what it stands for.

I hope you write more, and that my comments have not brought you down, but rather encouraged you to do better in the future!

Lobo
anonymous chapter 1 . 9/7/2007
this is so sad after ash died i just stopped reading how do u call this an aamr what does that mean anyway ash and misty rivals. i cant believe u :(
Lydia Morse chapter 4 . 8/9/2007
oh i jist had to read this agian I LOVE IT! this story inspired me to wright a book i have been wating to wright! pari 1 will be posted soon!
Lydia Morse chapter 3 . 8/5/2007
this is the best book i ever read!It toched me by haret and sole! when i read it and thot of the song *if we hold on together*i give it a 100%! i hope thare is gunna be a #2!
poka chapter 4 . 7/17/2007
was the pokemon a mew?
ell chapter 1 . 11/9/2006
please please please please ... carry on this is the best pokemon ashxmisty story ever.

if you carry on mabey misty could get caught by team rocket (sorry about my spelling) or somthing but just please carry on!
joe chapter 4 . 6/16/2006
that was great i was sad and agnrey nere the end cause i thowt you ware gona end it with him dead permently but it was great and did you keep that doll and/or fix it up
Raven and Angel chapter 4 . 12/2/2004
I loved it.
cratbro chapter 4 . 11/11/2004
If this really WAS your first fanfic, then I can't wait to read the rest!
lyokolady chapter 1 . 9/8/2004
cute!
Deja Know I Been Lookin For Vu chapter 4 . 3/17/2004
Wow, that Mew was rather evilly devious, but it meant well.
This is a good story. I was about to freak around the part where Ash, uh, "died." Thankfully, it had a good and happy ending. I liked all the Phoenix stuff with Ho-Oh. It was especially amusing what Ho-Oh said after Misty's speech. *grin*
Very enjoyable!
Fiona-Full-Demon chapter 4 . 11/5/2003
SO CUTE! the best one I've read so far! even better than my Van/Fiona zoid fics!