Reviews for Ouroboros
Guest chapter 1 . 8/16/2015
This is so sad...
jiuhuyyur chapter 1 . 3/31/2015
I'm angry that I only just came across this. Having the Titans scarring over and healing like this was devastatingly real and raw. It wasn't a full "story", per se, but it's complete. I enjoyed it.
HeiZuha chapter 1 . 7/21/2014
I .. can'.t..words can't explain.
it's just so beautiful :'),, thank you !
undoingtech chapter 1 . 9/1/2013
This is a show of understanding, I suppose. I do not know what else it would be since there is no plot. You were just talking about the characters. Still, I have to find a way to review this.

First of all, your writing worked. What I mean is, the titans felt terrible after the events concerning Terra. I felt terrible just from reading this. If you have ever read 13 Reason Why, you know what I mean.

Again, I like the concept of home that you present; home was defined not as a specific place, but as er... I do not know. I think of it as a frame of mind. I will just say the titans are home when they are together.

I like how the titans helped each other. A little bit of creativity was shown there.

The content of this piece is absolutely wonderful. Showing how people deal with their problems definitely reveals their character. And the titans have many problems to deal with, but betrayal does have a certain sting to it. I am glad you dove right into this problem, especially because the betrayal affected the entire team. Well done.

I just wish this had a plot! And dialogue! Ugg, I like you and your writing, but that does not stop your writing from frustrating me. Out of all the works I have read from you, One Which Makes The Heart Run Over is still my favorite, flaws and all.

Overall, I feel really conflicted about this. I was looking for a story with plot, action maybe, and character development. This non-story has no structure. I sort of like it, I guess. Well, what I really like is your understanding. I was looking for that in a story though, not this.
Oh well. I still give this a thumbs up.
Jozefski chapter 1 . 9/5/2012
What an amazing and touching story!
anonymous baka chapter 1 . 11/30/2011
It would've been AWESOME if Beast Boy shifted into a dragon! Any mythological creature would be great too, but almost NOTHING beats a dragon.

I remember a few episodes in which BB morphs into paranormal creatures. Here they are:

The Sum of His Parts - Cyborg. (at least partially)

Stranded - some kind of Wookiee-like beast.

Betrothed - that Tamaranian giant dog-like thing.

The Beast Within - Bigfoot (aka Sasquatch)
obsessivereader95 chapter 1 . 9/29/2011
that was oddly sweet yet awfully sad. nice work ;)
Concolor44 chapter 1 . 4/18/2011
That was raw, and real, and sad, and maybe a little bit hopeful around the edges, if you squint and don't look to closely. Mostly it was just really good. Effective is a word I like to use for a fic that touches me in uncomfortable ways, but when I recognize that THAT was its purpose.

Going in Favorites.

I'm off to see what else you've written. I got here via CelestiaLily's Favorites list ... and I got THERE because she'd favorited one of my stories. So many paths that wind and wind ...
Noodles Bamboodles chapter 1 . 1/22/2011
Wow...I LOVE how you showed their union as a team, and how you didn't always have to say how they were "sinking" because you just showed it so well! As a tip, you may want to split up that behemouth of a paragragh at the end; it's kind of hard to read on this site because of the single spacing in paragraghs, but other than that, your writing is beautiful! It was really cool how you made us think about different aspects the show didn't really capture, like how they lived in the cave, or how Terra's betrayal really affected them. So, awesome job!
Chance Brown chapter 1 . 7/28/2010
I don't know if I have reviewed this story before, but if so, then you deserve two of them. I find this story very dark, its angsty, but I don't associate it with Teen Angst, I associate it with something more. i don't know how to describe it, but it puts you in a dark, somber, thought-provoking place, and trust; all of this is a compliment. You're writing skill is amazing, from Whitewater (Awesome if not very Peter-pan-ful) to OTMTHRO, you're very skilled. thank you.
Guptanation chapter 1 . 5/1/2010
great story, really deep, explores the titans reactions very well! :)
Karma Killer 11 chapter 1 . 3/10/2010
Oh wow. I'm shocked this doesn't have more reviews, it was absolutely stunning. I can't express how... touching it was, in a way. I really... wow. Just wow. I feel much more connected to each character, and their insecurities, and... Yeah, I dunno how to say it. Absolutely brilliant.
NefariousDrO chapter 1 . 7/21/2009
Your choice of the narrator's voice is perfect. The right level of melancholy, hinted with subtle hope. I love the poetic flow of each sentence, and the at times almost frightening and yet somehow warm imagery. The image of Beast Boy in dragon form playing with lightening is one I will cherish for days, I'm sure. This story is, in a word: beautiful.

Have you ever read anything written by Gene Wolfe? If not, I'd recommend his short stories, or perhaps his "Shadow of the Torturer" series, but really the short stories are better. He also has an intensely literate and poetic style of writing that is somehow dreamlike yet real as well.
Nightcrawler's Shadow chapter 1 . 7/15/2009, just, wow. That was touching, heart warming and absolutely beautiful.
wings in the night chapter 1 . 4/7/2009
um...lovely name? no but seriasly, good story