Reviews for Vicissitudes
CSIbabexo92 chapter 21 . 12/13/2008
This is so weird how much it reminds me of whats going on now on the show..How everything is changing, Grissom is leaving(we dont know why yet) but hopefully to be with Sara start a life and teach...
Wander52 chapter 49 . 11/23/2007
One word...AWESOME!
lostladyknight chapter 19 . 4/7/2007
I actually have a question.

In your story, can Grissom's mother hear?

She's deaf in the TV show... maybe you already fielded this one. I just... didn't feel like reading all the reviews to see. Let me know could you?

It's just odd to think of her needing peace and quiet.

Well thanks.

Sorry if I'm being stupid because it's quarter past two.

Still love your stories. Speciall that last Warrick Catherine bit.

Great so far!

wyndnfyr chapter 49 . 3/30/2007
so, somehow in the next story, im envisioning a little of nick/dr bitch... but theres really only one way to find out isnt there? guess i better go read some more! :D
wyndnfyr chapter 3 . 3/30/2007
ROFL! What did Hodges get himself into this time? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
kreleia chapter 1 . 12/26/2006
I am so freakin' busted, now... **waves timidly at LIT (ha!)**
luv0817 chapter 49 . 12/11/2006
I FINALLY re-found and read the whole story- in one day! I loved it and I can't wait to read the next one!
lisab1986 chapter 49 . 12/9/2006
Wow... that was a fantastic ending to an amazing story! I love how Nick and the Doc ended up respecting each other more than they had thought possible, and Nick finding the perfect wedding gift. I also love that at the wedding, you didn't write the ceremony in detail, as so many other fics do. Jumping to the reception and having Nick reflect back was perfect! Amazing finish - I'm off to start reading the next one!
Mma63 chapter 49 . 11/29/2006
Well, I know you finished the fic for almost a month but my life have been a little crazy lately and I wanted to have time enough to sit and enjoy every word from the laters chapters. And I really anjoyed them. This was one of the most interesting and well written character's saga work I've read here. You've made it! Thank you so much to spend time and effort to share with us. Ok, I confess I missed Nick in the last chapter and more than this I missed the feeling I've felt while reading the chapter with the dinner at Moroccan Restaurant...did you consider to develop something about it? It would probably gave you much to write. Can you think about it? There's too much to explore with the Doctor and Nick, don't you agree?

You more than filled my expectations with the story.

Hope to read about you pretty soon.
wobbear chapter 20 . 11/26/2006
OK, I’ve made it to the end of chapter 20. Some more points of appreciation:

I love Greg doing his official and unofficial case reports.

Nick tussling with what Steph and Sara have independently told him, trying to reconcile that with what he was brought up to do, and thinking on his Barbie dates – all really well done. I used to feel unable to feel for Nick at all, but you’ve got me empathizing with him – no mean feat.

Grissom trying to smooth the way with Dr Desmaiseaux – he can do the smooth-talking if he is sufficiently motivated. And with Dr Daeke, Grissom realizing just how lucky he was.

The whirlwind of Warrick and Lindsey tag-teaming Catherine, her saying “I have no idea what just happened.” Lindsey’s voice calling out from the answering machine. Fun! Catherine and Warrick, the way you write them, go very well together. W has her number, and she needs someone like that.

Grissom’s ordered routine – very cute, but he has the sense to break it when circs require. Very nicely written. The non-Amazon signed book - sque! me melted puddle of goo.

Last but not least, a line I particularly liked: “she was laughing and smiling so brightly he thought there was a sun in his grasp.” did have other plans for today, so there may be a pause in reviewing!
wobbear chapter 10 . 11/26/2006
So, I found myself starting to read Evolutionary Theory this morning, and made myself stop. Then I didn’t have enough paper to print out the 200 pages this was going to cover, so I’ve just read 10 chapters straight on screen. I need to take a break to avoid bug eye, but I’m now hooked. Great stuff! Some random comments:

Sara’s sexist take on Nick rings true. All the info on the ride out to the research was interesting – hey, read fanfiction, and learn something new!

Desmaiseaux - she probably rattles even the rocks, but I can see she has her reasons. The clash between her and Nick was strangely credible, and it’s good how Nick does the right thing in making her leave the site, and then belatedly gets a clue back in the parking lot.

And I loved this in the G/S exchange: “No, we can still see bugs, just so long as they aren’t on a corpse.”
Mma63 chapter 46 . 11/24/2006
Couldn't follow regularly as before but now I went through chps 45 and 46 and I can say you amazed me. Totally. Can't wait to read upcoming chapters and once again my thanks for share this amazing story.
Mingsmommy chapter 49 . 11/13/2006
OK, Ok, I admit it...I suck...hard. I have been meaning to review your last chapters for the past ten days and just haven't done it.! Such a great job finising this up...I like the fluff and it wasn't even unbearably fluffy, just fluffy enough. Glad to see you finally got Grissom and Sara down the aisle while still doing such a stellar job with Nick as the flawed hero.

I think you did an amazing job of demonstrating his inner turmoil and the relization of a need for growth. His introspecction was very well done and demonstrates your deep understanding of the character. I think the resolution of his self-realization was managed very well, totally believably and in character.

I was surprised (disappointed?) to see this end here, I thought I smelled a potential romance between Nick and Roxanne, but I guess not all stories that end happily necessarily end with a couple and I do think you ended this happily.

Loved the gift. Loved Sara's dress.

Excellent job, as always. You are gifted.
snowangel-983 chapter 49 . 11/6/2006
lets see if i got it all down, nick eat dinner with the professor and didn't fight, gil and sara finally got hitched and steph is having twins! cool story keep them coming.
TyriaT chapter 49 . 11/3/2006
I LOVE when someone is able to shock Grissom! LOL, hey you write great stories. At least you said pestering and not nagging. ;)