Reviews for The Self Made Man
ThebeatlesHead chapter 13 . 8/30/2014
great :)
kuropi-chan chapter 13 . 8/27/2014
Your take on Victorian society is very much accurate and I loved the diversity in conversation. The plot was well thought of and the characters were thought-provoking too. Loved this work of yours! :D
Kiro Angel chapter 13 . 12/29/2013
Beautiful, and absolutely fulfilling. I find that these historical fictions are often more soulful than those that take place in the modern day, and I think that here you have captured much of that. I am, indeed, impressed by how well-read you are and how much you have looked into society of that era. Thank you for a beautiful story.
Frenchhornbook chapter 13 . 10/10/2012
I enjoyed this so much! It combined two of my favorites fanfic elements: AU and slash! And my favorite guy/guy pairing. I loved your historical references, they made it so sophisticated :) off to peruse your other works...
Narmka chapter 13 . 9/27/2012
Really? There goes hours of my life I'll never get back. They don't even kiss? Or hug? Or call each other by their first names? This was like reading a history book. Dry and distant. I am very sad, this had the potential to be an epic love story.
Starshinesoldier chapter 13 . 9/26/2012
I'm so conflicted over this story. I had a hard time reading it, there were so many times I wanted to just close the browser. I think the formal-ness bothered me. I'm glad I finished this though. I think it's adorable that Draco was willing to 'come out' to the world because of what Harry said. But I kept getting the impression that Draco was more emotionally invested in Harry, than Harry was in Draco. I guess it's the romantic in me. I just wish they were closer and that Harry was more affectionate. I can't say that I loved this story, but it was a good read. It is obvious that you are passionate about the subject.
deactivated.ameths chapter 13 . 8/12/2012
absolutely amazing. its nice to see a story where sex between harry and draco didn't become the basis for which the entire story was made off of.
everything was extremely well researched and the story was way more engaging than i initially thought it would be and for that i thank you for being as amazing a writer as i had hoped you would.
it was a joy to read and actually quite inspiring. now i want to go out and reread Jane Austen and Oscar Wilde's works. :)
wtf chapter 13 . 5/7/2012
I fucking hated this story.
SindaCelva chapter 13 . 5/6/2012
A truly remarkable story! I really, really loved it and thank you for the fot notes for us who are not so familiar with the Victorian era and history. :)
Stoic-Genius chapter 13 . 3/24/2012
I was kind of dissappointed in Harry's progression, or rather the lack of it. To me Draco had this significant character growth that enabled him to lead a more fulfilling life at the end of the story. Whereas Harry was all talk about 'revolution' and coming out, but never committed to either himself. In describing him I can't help but quote Pucey, '" 'They say you're charming – and a master hypocrite of sorts' ."

Despite my feelings on Harry, I felt this was a well written story which I enjoyed it a lot.
asfGonejkl chapter 13 . 11/22/2011
I'm totally crazy on this story - it's unique and obviously well researched. I'm actually reading 'The Picture of Dorian Gray' in class now and well, let's just say I'm ahead of the class and reading with a lot more zeal then if I hadn't read this story beforehand. I think I'm going to read The Secret Sharer too, once I'm done with Dorian Gray. I love how you wrote, both picturesque and formal at the same time. My favorite part was when Harry and Draco were both invited to that party and had to sit opposite of each other. I think it was Slughorn's party. Or not. I don't think you actually said Slughorn - but that's not important. And I love Harry's wistful optimism at the end; it gives the whole story a warm feel. Thank you so much for posting this story for your readers pleasure.
CanTigerucks chapter 13 . 9/3/2011

I really hope that there's a sequel...

I came across this story many times yet I don't know why I haven't given it a chance to read it...
monsesha chapter 1 . 7/13/2011
I love the story, not obly because it is delightfully written but also because you can really feel the Victorian

atmosphere. I love how their voices ring and the fact that every detail in the story is consistent with the historical reality and the characters are also amazing. Draco is cunning and classy and incredible sexy and well all of the others, inlcuding Harry, are amazing too. Well, maybe my review isnt the most useful one youve ever gotten but I just wanted to tell you that I admire your work and that you have made of this a great night.

Thanks for sharing
Veneya chapter 5 . 6/11/2011
hey there,

M' sorry for reviewing now when ther are quite a few chaps left. I currently don't have enough time to finish reading it off but so far I'm luving the story. I could tell the effort and research behind this fic:D
second soul of a cat chapter 13 . 12/4/2010
akjdg;a; this is such a GEM! :D awesome writing & I love the sentimentality of it! Harry was so cute & Draco was IC C: